The Student Room Group

IB exams 2012 start tomorrow :o

Scroll to see replies

u guys ready for math tomorrow?
Original post by saachi
You're right, I deleted the post. Sorry about that! Edit yours too and delete my quote?

Thanks :smile: I'm trying to have confidence but... oh well. Let's just hope the moderators are nice. My teacher said the grade boundary for a 7 is 80% usually, so 20/25 hopefully is also a seven. And if not, then 17/25 is a 6, and I should manage that at least. All I can do is revise for Paper 2 like crazy now.

What post? :smile:

Out of interest, do you have a structure for writing your commentaries?
Please remember that absolutely no discussion about the content of IB exams is permitted until 24 hours after you have sat the exam. Anyone found breaking this rule will receive a warning. Please read the announcement for more details: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=10&a=629
Reply 103
Original post by Mattyboi69
What post? :smile:

Out of interest, do you have a structure for writing your commentaries?

I asked a mod to take it down, thank god she did! I was so scared of breaking rules by discussing exams before the time limit has passed.

Yes, we've been taught mainly 3 structures. First: Thesis, intro, content, mood/tone/ atmosphere, structure/ movement, imagery, sounds, diction and conclusion (conclude with message). That's the one I use most often. Second, there's line by line- can be pretty confusing since not all themes are presented in a linear manner. Third, and very useful for prose, is SCASI: Setting, Character, Action, Style, Idea.

I mostly use the first one though. Good luck for your exam! :smile:
Thank's, I'm in November, however I want to make sure I have the best chance of getting a good mark! best of luck too for your upcoming exams! :biggrin:
Guys as stated above, make sure u don't discuss anything abt today's exam, instead talk abt math til tomorrow :tongue:
Reply 106
you guys nervous for math??
Reply 107
Good luck to all of you and to me as well :wink:
Reply 108
I'm terrified for math... People might say it's Studies and easy and everything, but it's difficult to me :frown: Any other Studies people there?
Heyy...i also have maths studies tomorrow and i also struggle with it so your not alone. it gets quite annoying when people say its easy because it isn't to me :frown:
Reply 110
Original post by Emmalouise199
Heyy...i also have maths studies tomorrow and i also struggle with it so your not alone. it gets quite annoying when people say its easy because it isn't to me :frown:

I feel your pain :frown:

I'm OK with Trigo, Geometry, mensuration, etc, but my problem areas are functions, financial math and logic! Logic! It's the most useless chapter ever! Anyway tomorrow's the slightly harder paper. You prepared?
math sl people? whatr ur thoughts?
Reply 112
Original post by aeyurttaser13
math sl people? whatr ur thoughts?

im nervous... i think... I'm basically solving every single paper 1 from may 2008. I think doing past papers is probably the best way to study...
how about you?
Original post by Gops94
im nervous... i think... I'm basically solving every single paper 1 from may 2008. I think doing past papers is probably the best way to study...
how about you?

true.. doing the exact same thing.. i solved 2008 paper 1 and 2 yesterday and got above a 95%.. but turns out its a very easy session :frown: jst doing paper 1's tday, same as u 2008 may til 2011 nov.. whatr ur expectations?
Reply 114
Original post by aeyurttaser13
true.. doing the exact same thing.. i solved 2008 paper 1 and 2 yesterday and got above a 95%.. but turns out its a very easy session :frown: jst doing paper 1's tday, same as u 2008 may til 2011 nov.. whatr ur expectations?

im aiming for a high 6 low 7. Im pretty sure i got 6 on my IA. u?
i know did may 08 and it happened to be an easy year grrrrr:angry::angry::angry:
i was so impressed with myself till i found out that it was an easy year :P
Original post by Gops94
im aiming for a high 6 low 7. Im pretty sure i got 6 on my IA. u?
i know did may 08 and it happened to be an easy year grrrrr:angry::angry::angry:
i was so impressed with myself till i found out that it was an easy year :P

HAHAHA exactly! was so pissed! anyway same i got a 6 in my IA.. but in such a weird position that i can get between a low 6 and a high 7 really dont know what to expect.. but aiming for the 7 ofc cz i never felt this ready for any math exam in the past 2 years haha :tongue:
jst finished 2011 tz2 now.. not bad :smile:
Original post by TTGenius
yeah, same, churchill, cambridge.... what's yours, college+subject

Selwyn, MML (French and ab initio Russian)

tbh, I think it's the 7,7,6 that's worse than the total scores.

And I HATE that we can't discuss English yet. I'll have forgotten what it was like by tomorrow!

MathsMathsMathsMathsMaths

I will have done 5 past papers by the time I go to bed tonight!
Reply 117
Original post by Naiomi
Very worried for Maths HL and Physics HL :s-smilie:

Yeah Naiomi, hoje tneho explicação ainda only paper 1 :smile:
Reply 118
anyone have any thoughts on tomorrows MATHL ?
Original post by pixelpoo
anyone have any thoughts on tomorrows MATHL ?

guys for the last time, anyone want the math sl/hl q bank version 3 (til may 2011) pm me asap!
ooh and if u do have any business sl past papers plz pm me and ill send u my email, if u dont then no prob :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending