The Student Room Group

IB exams 2012 start tomorrow :o

Scroll to see replies

guys for the last time, anyone want the math sl/hl q bank version 3 (til may 2011) pm me asap!
ooh and if u do have any business sl past papers plz pm me and ill send u my email, if u dont then no prob
Original post by pixelpoo
anyone have any thoughts on tomorrows MATHL ?

sry i quoted u by mistake :colondollar:
Maths HL is a joke, I'm actually terrified.
Reply 123
Original post by HelloAndromeda
Maths HL is a joke, I'm actually terrified.

what you mean a joke?
math sl please have mercy im killing myself for u :frown:
Just think guys, in a month's time we'll see a load of threads by A Level students stressing about their exams and we'll have already finished! :colone:
Reply 126
Original post by xxelliexx
just think guys, in a month's time we'll see a load of threads by a level students stressing about their exams and we'll have already finished! :e

kind of amusing, heh
Reply 127
too bad math P1's in afternoon, disturbing my lunch
Original post by XxelliexX
Just think guys, in a month's time we'll see a load of threads by A Level students stressing about their exams and we'll have already finished! :colone:

*16 days and counting! 14 if you are a classicist!
Original post by kingcoltzan
*16 days and counting! 14 if you are a classicist!

19 days :frown:
Reply 130
Original post by XxelliexX

so truee :biggrin:

I'm usually between 78% and 89%... Just hoping that for the exam it will be above 80% :smile:

Good luck everyone... 14 more to go:tongue:
Reply 131
So we can talk about the subjects and what we feel about the exams that are coming up but not specifically talk about certain papers yet? So we can talk about English P1 tomorrow morning...

I'm a tad nervous for HL Psychology tomorrow, we've barely studied for paper 3. Apparently it's easy and no-one in my school has done poorly in it before, but I'm worried about how much detail I can put into my answers. I managed 2 - 2.5 sides for the P1 SAQs (am I at least allowed to say that?) but only 1 side for the P3 SAQs as there doesn't seem to be enough to say. Health and Abnormal are okay, it's just a shame that all my favourite questions came up last year so they're unlikely to appear this year!

Maths is going well, I just need to use the hour after Psychology to recompose myself as I know that when calm, I can do just about anything SL Maths can throw at me if I'm careful with what I'm doing. :smile: It's just that I make incredibly avoidable mistakes like reading f'(x) as f^-1(x)! I'd like to say that I've got a good chance of a 7 but that'd jinx me.
Original post by saachi
I'm terrified for math... People might say it's Studies and easy and everything, but it's difficult to me :frown: Any other Studies people there?

yepp maths studies too :smile:
the grade boundaries are okay though: 70/90 for both papers is a 7 :biggrin:
good luck!
I know we can't discuss the exams till 24 hours but does saying whether we did prose/poem without adding anything else count as 'discussion' ?
Original post by Harve
So we can talk about the subjects and what we feel about the exams that are coming up but not specifically talk about certain papers yet? So we can talk about English P1 tomorrow morning...

I'm a tad nervous for HL Psychology tomorrow, we've barely studied for paper 3. Apparently it's easy and no-one in my school has done poorly in it before, but I'm worried about how much detail I can put into my answers. I managed 2 - 2.5 sides for the P1 SAQs (am I at least allowed to say that?) but only 1 side for the P3 SAQs as there doesn't seem to be enough to say. Health and Abnormal are okay, it's just a shame that all my favourite questions came up last year so they're unlikely to appear this year!

Maths is going well, I just need to use the hour after Psychology to recompose myself as I know that when calm, I can do just about anything SL Maths can throw at me if I'm careful with what I'm doing. :smile: It's just that I make incredibly avoidable mistakes like reading f'(x) as f^-1(x)! I'd like to say that I've got a good chance of a 7 but that'd jinx me.

Omg exactly! Im so scared ill jinx my chances of a 7 cz my mistakes r all stupid like writing down a (3,-7,-8) vector as (3,7,-8) i have to like triple check the paper :tongue:
Original post by Superwoman
I know we can't discuss the exams till 24 hours but does saying whether we did prose/poem without adding anything else count as 'discussion' ?

They've been doing that on Facebook, and I guess it's not really discussion, but best to be safe and not to do anything until tomorrow...
12.5 hours to go for Math SL
Reply 137
another boring yet sleepless night....................
Original post by aeyurttaser13
Omg exactly! Im so scared ill jinx my chances of a 7 cz my mistakes r all stupid like writing down a (3,-7,-8) vector as (3,7,-8) i have to like triple check the paper :tongue:

Story of my life! I'm doing HL and my main let down is stupid things like writing things down wrong or doing arithmetic way too quickly
It's so frustrating because I know I also have to be careful that I don't end up checking things so much tomorrow that I end up freaking out. Need to stay calm!
Reply 139
Maths HL... God, help me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending