The Student Room Group

Irish passport = fee free Scottish education...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Planar
They didn't actually, now that you mention it

No indeed they didn't. A quirk of FPTP. Nevertheless the Tories would have a majority were it not for Wales, Scotland and NI.
Original post by kred
I would say that if you apply as EU then you would get an offer as EU.

Your problem is probably that you applied with RUK.
The Scottish Govt. will only pay for a set quota of students so they are now offering on 3 different types - so they might have 10 Scottish/EU places funded by the Scottish Govt. 10 RUK places and 10 international. They will have already filled their quota of Scottish/EU students for this year - so thay can't just add you into that quota. I don't know what would happen if they found they had a space, you might still get in but there's probably no guarantee - you might just lose your place. Most of the Scottish people I know who are going to St Andrews (although that's only a few) have unconditionals.

You could always take a year out and reapply next year as EU?

Alright, thanks for that help.
The only thing that's keeping me interested is that, even tho the unis say they've filled their quota of scottish/eu students, i've got my offer switched to eu for aberdeen, have heard of people in my situation being switched to eu at edinburgh without the slightest problem, and now my friend has had her offer changed to eu status at st andrews.... Thoughts?
Reply 182
Original post by medbh4805
x

hello there medbh! well, I must say that I am surprised to see you here.. oh wait

how are you? and I suppose I should make some comment relevant to the thread: I would have looked more closely at Scottish universities had I known about this loophole
Original post by Cyanohydrin

Why anyway? If you want free fees in England then stop electing the tories!

But labour introduced tuition fees :s-smilie: It is near-impossible now for any successive government to reverse these decisions.
Reply 184
Original post by shortbrendan
Alright, thanks for that help.
The only thing that's keeping me interested is that, even tho the unis say they've filled their quota of scottish/eu students, i've got my offer switched to eu for aberdeen, have heard of people in my situation being switched to eu at edinburgh without the slightest problem, and now my friend has had her offer changed to eu status at st andrews.... Thoughts?

That's interesting - maybe they held places back because they knew this may happen. Maybe you should ask them again - or speak with the admissions people for your subject?
Reply 185
Original post by Clip
I'm surprised this hasn't become a Rangers/Celtic thing yet.

This post made my day.....
Reply 186
Does anyone know how, if at all, this impacts post grad fees?

Quick Reply

Latest