The Student Room Group

Re-do 3rd year?

I hopefully dont intend to do this!

If you say were on for a 2;2 and wanted a 2;1 (just had a really crud module that brought everything down -)

can you finish 3rd year and go re-do it again?? bringing 3rd years marks up?

our discussion earlier today and none of us had the answer !! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 1
no-one know!?
The reason why nobody's answering is because it's a really obvious answer. That can't possibly work, or else people would simply keep redoing their third year until they got a first.

For one thing, modules will differ in quality/content year after year so you can't expect to just repeat the year and find it's exactly the same. Moreover, if employers wanted this, they'd make all their employees spend 5 years at university.

So in short, no.
If I get a 2:2 this year I will hurt myself.
You can only re-do final year if you completely fail, if you get a 2:2 then that's what you graduate with
Original post by xXHolly_90Xx
You can only re-do final year if you completely fail, if you get a 2:2 then that's what you graduate with

Even if you completely fail, some courses won't even let you retake year 3. At RHUL for maths if you fail third year, your option is to either come back as a 'resit candidate', so you sit the exams but not the lectures, or you retake from year 2. So technically to redo the entire year you'd have to start again from year 3.
Reply 6
Did you find your answer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending