The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Melanie47

Come to think of it, I've no idea how having both Chem and History on the same day will work either. It will be a bloody long day! :frown:

I had that for AS last year... it was certainly a long day!:p:
Reply 2
Sophie01
I had that for AS last year... it was certainly a long day!:p:

I am not at all looking forward to it :frown: How did you cope?
Reply 3
Well I had three hours of chemistry in the morning and three hours of history in the afternoon with a half hour break for lunch!! It wasn't actually that bad... I got up at 6 to do some cramming for chemistry and remembered quite a lot.. and i love history so i just rambled on for ages!!!:biggrin:
Reply 4
Sophie01
Well I had three hours of chemistry in the morning and three hours of history in the afternoon with a half hour break for lunch!! It wasn't actually that bad... I got up at 6 to do some cramming for chemistry and remembered quite a lot.. and i love history so i just rambled on for ages!!!:biggrin:

Yeah, that's how my day will probably be... my problem with history is that I tend to ramble for too long on stuff that isn't even relevant to the question :rolleyes:
Reply 5
At AS I had clashes but as they weren't over 3 hours combined, we just had to do them after each other. For my psychology we had all 3 modules (an hour each) one after the other - it was absolute hell but exilerating when I was happy with how I'd done in the first, then kicked ass in the second, and when I saw the easy questions on the third I practically said 'yes!' outloud.

This year I've got two Historys together but I'll just have to do em. But I've also got Communication with I think Psych in a morn and thats over the 3 hour line so I'll probably do one and have to sit in the staffroom with the teachers during the break before the other in the afternoon :eek: - so I won't find my friend and learn what the questions was cause they'll have done it first thing (can't even have your mobile with you)
Also had the History/chemistry exam clash at A2. Was a bloody nuisance.
Whatever you do, DONT LEAVE REVISION TO THE LAST MINUTE!!
(Revising for 6 exams in one night will kill you.) By the time i got to the history exam, i could hardly write my name....
Reply 7
Ah, I'm lucky I guess- I only have Spanish and History that day- but I feel sorry for the people who've got more than that! One of my friends has 2 English Lit papers in the morning of one day and then Geography in the afternoon and because critical thinking is on the same day she has to be in confinement over night before that day and do it the afternoon before! Rather her than me!
Reply 8
yeah if it's over "x" hours you have to stay at a teachers house. lucky you!
Reply 9
So what would happen if it's not possible for you to stay at a teacher's house?
i have 3hours of physics, followed by 3 hours of business... with no breaks!!
If your exams clash, they try and put one after the other. However, if they total more than 3 hours, you do one at one time, stay with an invidulator and then do your other one. So if you do it a day early you have to stay with a teacher.
Reply 12
Melanie47

I ask my question again :biggrin:

Oh and, does anyone know if it's too late to drop a subject after you've been entered for the exam?
Melanie47
I ask my question again :biggrin:

Oh and, does anyone know if it's too late to drop a subject after you've been entered for the exam?

If its possible to drop is up to your school, but they might charge you the exam fees if you do.
Reply 14
Matt_2K
If its possible to drop is up to your school, but they might charge you the exam fees if you do.

Right, okay. Thanks!
Reply 15
Someone at my school is now supposed to be sorting this out... I think she's trying to work out who we're going to have to stay with :redface:
There are only two people (me and a friend) who have this clash at my school, do you think they may let us stay at the same place? Also, we will be allowed to take our books with us, won't we?
Melanie47

there was a post on tsr about this a while ago, apparently you can go home if no one is willing to supervise you. But they ask your parents not to let you have any communication :p: yeah, like that's going to work :rolleyes:
Melanie47

There are only two people (me and a friend) who have this clash at my school, do you think they may let us stay at the same place? Also, we will be allowed to take our books with us, won't we?

Well they'll let you stay together as long as the other person hasn't done the exam you're going to do! Yes, you're allowed books with you, at least that's what my school allowed
Reply 18
Mustard-man
there was a post on tsr about this a while ago, apparently you can go home if no one is willing to supervise you. But they ask your parents not to let you have any communication :p: yeah, like that's going to work :rolleyes:

Oh really... that would be silly, but I'd much rather stay at home. As if I won't be stressed enough, without having to stay at a teacher's house overnight!
Reply 19
Mustard-man
Well they'll let you stay together as long as the other person hasn't done the exam you're going to do! Yes, you're allowed books with you, at least that's what my school allowed

Yeah, she has the same problem as me so neither of us will have done the exam.

Latest