Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Creams for rough skin?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Recently I've noticed a change in the texture of the skin on my face. My skin seems really dehydrated and I have dry, rough patches on my face, in particular near my upper lip, nose area. Can there be a reason why it's went from quite oily, to dry and rough?

Also, I don't know if this has worsened the problem, but I use this salt exfoliator almost every day. The area around the nose area has a dark shade to it in comparison to the rest of my face. Is there any creams that'll help remedy this problem?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielleT192)
    Recently I've noticed a change in the texture of the skin on my face. My skin seems really dehydrated and I have dry, rough patches on my face, in particular near my upper lip, nose area. Can there be a reason why it's went from quite oily, to dry and rough?

Also, I don't know if this has worsened the problem, but I use this salt exfoliator almost every day. The area around the nose area has a dark shade to it in comparison to the rest of my face. Is there any creams that'll help remedy this problem?
    From my experience anyway oily skin can become very dry and rough, I have quite oily skin but around my nose it can get very dry. I've been told that using too many anti-oil things on your face and exfoliating too much can make it worse and make it dry. My best advice is to get into a moisturising routine, as this has really helped my skin. I just use Superdrug's Shine Control moisturiser every day morning and night and my skin is a lot less oily and dry as a result. E45 cream is very helpful on really dry patches of your skin, my mum had it prescribed at the doctors so it's very useful. I suggest buying some of that if the problem cannot be fixed by regular moisturising
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ^ I agree. E45 works miracles Defo reccomend it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DemolitionLovers)
    From my experience anyway oily skin can become very dry and rough, I have quite oily skin but around my nose it can get very dry. I've been told that using too many anti-oil things on your face and exfoliating too much can make it worse and make it dry. My best advice is to get into a moisturising routine, as this has really helped my skin. I just use Superdrug's Shine Control moisturiser every day morning and night and my skin is a lot less oily and dry as a result. E45 cream is very helpful on really dry patches of your skin, my mum had it prescribed at the doctors so it's very useful. I suggest buying some of that if the problem cannot be fixed by regular moisturising
    Aww thank you! I've never had a moisturising routine if I'm honest! I know this may help the rough patches but will it eliminate the shaded pacthes?

I haven't really known how often I should exfoliate but I have noticed my hands are really rough from washing my hands too much, so maybe I'm just scrubbing too hard lol!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Diprobase gel is amazing for dry skin
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    E45 for day/after shower and Bio oil at night. Works wonders
    But make sure to use an SPF protector when you're going out especially if you have dry skin.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Body Shop Hemp body butter is quite good on the body, not a clue what it's like on the face though. It's meant for really rough skin, only downside is you end up smelling like a stoner.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielleT192)

To me it sounds like the exfoliator could be the problem. I used to use a face scrub everyday but it just made my skin really sore. If I were you I would stop using it for a bit and try a cream-based facewash for sensitive skin. I use Neutrogena 2 in 1 wash and mask. And like others have said, try an oil-free moisturiser or similar
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sitbywolf)
    E45 for day/after shower and Bio oil at night. Works wonders
    But make sure to use an SPF protector when you're going out especially if you have dry skin.
    I tried the E45 but I found it a bit matted and that it made my face look greasy. Maybe a light moisturiser would do
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its maybe something you ate or for me, during warmer months my skin goes like that, it sounds identical to yours!

What I do is put a thick layer of Sudocrem on it before bed and when you wake up it should be really reduced...takes a couple of nights for the skin to go back to normal though

I love Sudocrem as it works on acne too when my oily skin breaks out, it doesn't clog my pores, it works on EVERYTHING from dry skin, spots, rashes, dehydrated skin, rough skin, greasy skin...

AND its dirt cheap! And available from basically any supermarket or shop that sells products!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 6, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.