The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 4 - June 20th

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
Thanks, luckily I'm on Edexcel for all my subjects. Do you know if I'll be disadvantaged because my Maths UMS average is 88? I'm OK at maths so I think I'll get an A at A2 but will that be good enough, a lot of people applying seem to be exceptional at Maths but I'm just good. :frown:
Reply 1141
Original post by lizzy95
Thanks, luckily I'm on Edexcel for all my subjects. Do you know if I'll be disadvantaged because my Maths UMS average is 88? I'm OK at maths so I think I'll get an A at A2 but will that be good enough, a lot of people applying seem to be exceptional at Maths but I'm just good. :frown:

If you have an average of 90+ UMS across all of your subjects, are predicted an A* by your teachers for Maths, take 4 subjects, have a good PS and probably look at taking FM at AS level (Cambridge Economics is renowned for being highly Maths based) - then you probably have as good a chance as anybody applying.

If, however, you prefer the theory behind economic decision making and its implications on businesses then perhaps think of applying to Oxford? Good luck!
Reply 1142
Original post by Choppyy
If you have an average of 90+ UMS across all of your subjects, are predicted an A* by your teachers for Maths, take 4 subjects, have a good PS and probably look at taking FM at AS level (Cambridge Economics is renowned for being highly Maths based) - then you probably have as good a chance as anybody applying.

If, however, you prefer the theory behind economic decision making and its implications on businesses then perhaps think of applying to Oxford? Good luck!

Thanks, if Oxford did Economics as a single honour course I'd do that but they don't sadly... I'll apply to Cambridge anyway as a "why not" thing but I definitely won't expect anything from it, I like Maths a lot but if I'm not naturally incredible at it although I think I could cope with the Maths, I'm not willing to do FM as it's not essential and my points may not convince the admissions tutors anyway but again thanks for the advice and congrats on getting in to read Economics! :smile:
Original post by lizzy95
Thanks, if Oxford did Economics as a single honour course I'd do that but they don't sadly... I'll apply to Cambridge anyway as a "why not" thing but I definitely won't expect anything from it, I like Maths a lot but if I'm not naturally incredible at it although I think I could cope with the Maths, I'm not willing to do FM as it's not essential and my points may not convince the admissions tutors anyway but again thanks for the advice and congrats on getting in to read Economics! :smile:

Have you thought anything about Oxford's E&M course? Might be worth considering

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1144
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Have you thought anything about Oxford's E&M course? Might be worth considering

I don't know I'm not really interested in Management at all, I'm Economics through and through but I'll look at it in more detail as soon as I saw the Management part I didn't really give it a chance maybe I should.
got

96 UMS

wtf
I know two people who failed this exam, one is going to LSE and the other Nottingham! Was it a very bad paper?
Original post by little_wizard123
I know two people who failed this exam, one is going to LSE and the other Nottingham! Was it a very bad paper?

Much to the contrary

it was the fairest and easiest unit 4 aqa paper to date.
Original post by tehforum
Much to the contrary

it was the fairest and easiest unit 4 aqa paper to date.

Hear hear!

What books did people use to revise from?

Original post by theseeker
What books did people use to revise from?

SuBo's autobiography
Evaluation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending