The Student Room Group

How much would you ideally like to earn?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Around the 60-70k mark for my peak earnings.
Reply 61
Original post by Ex Death
So I take it, the majority of people posting in this thread are 14 year olds? Lol at the people thinking they are all going to earn 60k+, good luck with that.

The question wasn't "What do you realistically expact to earn?" but "How much would you ideally like to earn?". Get the point?
Reply 62
Original post by Sir Fox
The question wasn't "What do you realistically expact to earn?" but "How much would you ideally like to earn?". Get the point?

Nonsense. Everyone would ideally like to earn £10000000000000000000. The question will therefore be interpreted as how much do you think you will earn/try to earn.
Most graduate salaries are like £17-22K.
Reply 64
£30k+
Reply 65
Original post by andrewpeters
So I take it, the majority of people posting in this thread are 14 year olds? Lol at the people thinking they are all going to earn 60k+, good luck with that.

Is there an echo here? I swear someone else just posted that.

I don't think it's incredibly unrealistic.

Otherwise, it's kind of counter-productive spending all that money being an undergraduate.
Some people here REALLY need to get a reality check :lol: I thought the idea was that this thread is supposed to be realistic not what you'd like to earn in dreamland?! In my current role I could be earning around 30-35k in the next decade if/when I get promoted (and should I stay at the company!). This is realistic as I'm already on 23k there as a starting salary and everyone pretty much moves up the ranks (and a lot of the senior staff are on for retirement in the next few years).
Just because your skill set caps your pay at such levels doesnt mean that is the same for everyone else. I think I'd probably be satisfied with 70k+
£60,000 pa
I think the highest I can earn in the industry I work in is £30,000. That'd be nice! :smile:
Reply 70
I'd like a job that with a salary of £60-80k p/a but obviously that will take years of progression
Reply 71
I wana be a billionaire, so frickin bad.
If I don't own a £50+ grand car by the time I'm 35 I feel I've failed in life
Reply 73
I love how anyone that says more than about 40k gets negged. Nicely demonstrates our attitude to ambition. Personally my goal is 200k; I'd be totally happy with a lot less, but that would be enough that I'd pretty much never have to worry about how much somethings costs if I want it. Anything over that I'd frankly find difficult to spend without branching out into ridiculous extravagences.
Reply 74
Tree fiddy.
Reply 75
As long as it's enough to rent/own a nice place to live, have a decent car, enough to pay the bills and have enough left over to afford most of the things I like to buy then it's enough :smile:

But as much as possible would be nice :biggrin:
Reply 76
I'm doing Art History, which isn't really going to make me rich unless I go into dealing or get a position realllllllly high up (which really isn't likely).

I'd be happy at £25,000 (I only guessed this figure as it's what my parents earn each and I know it's been fine for us) so I cam comfortably raise a family or buy a house if the need arose.

However, at the moment I'm not really interested in all that stuff, and I think I'd much rather have a passport full of stamps than a flash car :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by stac4321

I'd be happy at £25,000 (I only guessed this figure as it's what my parents earn each and I know it's been fine for us) so I cam comfortably raise a family or buy a house if the need arose.

There is very little prospect of being able to do either of those things with £25,000.
Reply 78
anything above £30k............................per week
Anything over £20k when I graduate and I'd be more than happy with £50k when I'm middle-aged. Realistically, anything where I can comfortably bring up a family and afford a mortgage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending