The Student Room Group

Tips for AS Biology Exam

I am retaking OCR AS LEVEL BIOLOGY UNIT 1 two weeks later and take the UNIT 2 exams soon.

I am feeling so struggled about my revision progress

Basically I memorize the notes given by the school but then I cant do a single question in the past paper.
For understanding, I think i have it but i dont know why i cant answer those questions

What should I do?
Any biology experts here to give me advise on my revision method or how to boost my grades up

I only got a C in my Unit 1 exam and I am so scared that I will be failing my Unit 2 ><

PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by seasons of wither
look at mark schemes alongside the past papers and notice the kind of points they're after when they ask certain questions. the number of marks offered per question is crucial in bio as well, so be sure to bear that in mind- if in doubt, add more detail... which brings me to my next point- for the paper itself, write as much detail as you possibly can for the 4+ mark questions (within reason, keep an eye on the time). i hope this helps at least a little bit- sorry it's not very eloquent but i'm tired. and don't panic! it's never too late, the most important thing is to get a good solid understanding of the spec before proceeding with fussy little details. best of luck :smile:

Thanks a lot.
I have been trying to work on mark schemes.
I have been copying marks schemes answer to the question paper trying to memorize the way to answer the questions
but when the question type is changed, I dont know how to answer again. this is my major problem.
I am wondering if i dont really understand the content thoroughly

feeling SOOOOO STRESSFUL seriously. I was about to cry when my biology revision everyday ><
this is the hardest subject I have ever studied :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by seasons of wither
you say you memorised your notes from school, are they of a good standard? you might be better off learning from the textbook. try asking your teachers for tips and look for key words in questions such as 'briefly outline', 'state and explain', 'describe' etc. and i totally understand where you're coming from with the stress- i feel like that with A2s at the moment. for my AS bio i was predicted an E, but got an A. anything is possible, just stop worrying and start working :hug:

Well basically those notes are extracted from the textbook so its more or less the same thing
oh wow envy you so much that you can get an A. I aiming for a pass for unit 2 this time... Its really too much to revise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending