Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sennheiser head/earphones

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want a new pair of head or earphones, preferably something that isn't too big that I can't wear them in public, and under £100? I like the quality of the sennheisers my brother has and they're £30, but everyone can hear very clearly what you're listening to, is there a pair that blocks the sound? Thanks!

Edit: now that I'm leaning more towards earphones, does it make a difference if I want to use them when I'm running? As in should I be looking at anything specifically for exercising or would it be better just to get normal in-ears?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do, don't buy skull candy :s
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If you get a pair of in-ear headphones, it not only blocks out sound from outside but also prevents sound being leaked out to the surroundings.

Sennheiser have a nice selection of in-ear headphones. My last ones were the CX500s and they were decent.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    stay away from seinheisers. they make beautiful sounding headphones but the build quality is rubbish. every single pair I have owned, be they for djing or just personal use have fallen apart (usually around where the wire joins the cup).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    If you get a pair of in-ear headphones, it not only blocks out sound from outside but also prevents sound being leaked out to the surroundings.

Sennheiser have a nice selection of in-ear headphones. My last ones were the CX500s and they were decent.
    thanks, I'm definitely leaning toward earphones rather than headphones, I've been looking but there are soo so many, and I can't seem to find the prices :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Luckily there's always an obsessed audiophile at hand...
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mult...added-04-19-12
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    stay away from seinheisers. they make beautiful sounding headphones but the build quality is rubbish. every single pair I have owned, be they for djing or just personal use have fallen apart (usually around where the wire joins the cup).
    really? what do you suggest I go for instead? And is this on the angled cups or the straight ones?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCarmady)
    Luckily there's always an obsessed audiophile at hand...
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mult...added-04-19-12
    wow, I just clicked on the in-ear headphones bit, that's overwhelming haha! definitely need to set aside some time for this!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxcartwright)
    Whatever you do, don't buy skull candy :s
    haha wasn't planning on it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deema)
    wow, I just clicked on the in-ear headphones bit, that's overwhelming haha! definitely need to set aside some time for this!
    Just go to your price range, find the top 3 for value, and read those reviews, see what qualities are more important to you personally. That guy is a god (he has the same thing for portable headphones, btw)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    Ill 2nd this- they do have great sound, but will fall apart if you pick them up too hard, as i found out with my neckband- gym ones.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have these in both the earphones and headphones, and I'd recommend both. But for you, definitely the earphones as the headphones do leak noise.

The build quality is good, the headphones especially seem very sturdy and the earphones are similar, quite boy-ish looking but they do the job perfectly and don't start to hurt your ears after a while like some earphones do. I use them whilst lying in bed a lot and the wire hasn't started to bend/fray near the plug or anything like that.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indo-Chinese Food)
    Ill 2nd this- they do have great sound, but will fall apart if you pick them up too hard, as i found out with my neckband- gym ones.

(Original post by MrCarmady)
    Just go to your price range, find the top 3 for value, and read those reviews, see what qualities are more important to you personally. That guy is a god (he has the same thing for portable headphones, btw)

I've had a quick glance at the site and definitely going for a pair of xears, possibly the nature n3i's if they're still available somewhere.
    (Original post by StefanieLouise)
    I have these in both the earphones and headphones, and I'd recommend both. But for you, definitely the earphones as the headphones do leak noise.

The build quality is good, the headphones especially seem very sturdy and the earphones are similar, quite boy-ish looking but they do the job perfectly and don't start to hurt your ears after a while like some earphones do. I use them whilst lying in bed a lot and the wire hasn't started to bend/fray near the plug or anything like that.

The one's I think I've settled on are actually quite similar to this, but I'll look into these as well just in case I'm spending money needlessly. Although sound quality is a big deal for me!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StefanieLouise)

I'll second this. Got these the other day, quality is great for what you're paying, not worth paying more for a small improvement.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to know what people are doing with their headphones that they break so quickly, I own two sets of Sennheiser and my brother has two of his own, mine are both over two years old and my brother has one three year old set and another six month old set, all working perfectly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    they you're the lucky ones, as countless other threads/anectdotes etc will spell out if you go lookin.

this is what I use now and they're excellent:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundMagic-P...5954091&sr=1-3
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deema)
    I've had a quick glance at the site and definitely going for a pair of xears, possibly the nature n3i's if they're still available somewhere.
    I'm impressed the code still appears to work, I might grab a pair soon.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I keep my Sennheiser MX360 earphones at the bottom of my bag where it gets tangled all the time, but they still work fine after three years =)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 22, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sound and vision threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.