The Student Room Group

Your thoughts on Broadsheets vs Tabloids?

Hello everyone :smile:

I'm writing an essay on newspapers and people's thoughts about them, and thought I'd get some useful opinions and thoughts about them here.

I'm primarily looking at how you feel about newspapers: do you prefer broadsheets or tabloids, and for what reason?
Do you see a stigma attached to tabloid newspapers, or do you feel reading broadsheet newspapers helps you feel more academic and enlightened?

Any thoughts or opinions would be brilliant! Thank you!
depends, i read the independent which is tabloid size but is a broadsheet newspaper as far as i'm concerned!

I never ever read tabloid newspapers as I've no interest in reading about celebrity gossip, surreal crime stories, starsigns or dear deirdre - you can get any of that stuff in a magazine!

the reason I enjoy papers like the independent is that their stories are relevant to many more of us and provoke us to think, for example reading about changing to the NHS, education system etc. is certainly more academically enlightening and relevant to my life and those around me than reading about some woman that found a kitten in her clunge.

:smile:
Reply 2
Tabloids really don't interest me - I don't give a flying brief relationship what footballers/famous people and so on do with their lives. So broadsheet ftw; plus I like politics and I'm heading in the liberal-left-ish direction, so I read the Guardian if I read any newspaper at all... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest