Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do any of you write journals?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If so: why? What do you write in them - thoughts, experiences, creative writing/drawing? Do you keep them private, or is a blog your journal?

I'm just wondering. I think it would be nice to write a journal. But I think it's much harder to do now that we have all these other methods of recording things. Whenever I type anything on the internet, I delete it a week later. I like the idea of having to think much harder about what you write, rather than having a backspace key to constantly abuse.

:^_^:

It would be nice if photos still had to be developed, too - could stick them in a journal. And again, there's more selectivity in what you photograph leading to more meaningful pictures?

Or do you disagree?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have had a journal since I was about 14. I just write every few days what I've been doing and other stuff. It's amazing going back to this day 3 years ago and seeing how different things were. Yeah, journals are good.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)
    I have had a journal since I was about 14. I just write every few days what I've been doing and other stuff. It's amazing going back to this day 3 years ago and seeing how different things were. Yeah, journals are good.
    And do you let other people read your journal or is it private? I remember reading diaries I wrote when I was really young, and thinking I wish I'd never written that down - what if someone had seen it! (It was mean stuff about arguments with friends, or hating teachers etc etc - really young, haha.)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I had a journal a few years ago and loved it, but my parents found it one day and read the whole thing.
    I literally wanted to kill my own mother that day.

Haven't kept one ever since, though I sure would love to.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I write I blog. I find it helps me vent , even of no one reads it! If you would want to read it here is the link! http://surmonterdance.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buildalegohouse)
    I had a journal a few years ago and loved it, but my parents found it one day and read the whole thing.
    I literally wanted to kill my own mother that day.

Haven't kept one ever since, though I sure would love to.
    Not ok. :eek:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i keep one, fill it in every night, if i stay over somewhere then i fill it in when i get back, been at it for 2 years

a lot of awesome things have happened and it helped me make a present for my girlfriend with all the dates we had done certain things like asked her out, first kiss etc (all that happened in the last 2 years)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I used to keep a diary up until I was about 11. My parents read it (out of order) and discovered who my crush was and my deepest darkest secrets. Haven't kept one since, I'd love to, but I have some privacy issues
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have one. I like to write novels and stuff, so I keep my journal with me and whenever I get a good idea I can write it down.
    I also write my journal when I have something I need to process like when I am sad or feeling bad or something. Writing about things helps.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh heck, I have about three for different things. I have my blog, which is like a censored journal of my art and book reviews and such (my mum reads it O.o). Then I have my photography sketchbooks which people see (because they're my A level work - but I treat them like it's private) and then I have a few notebooks with bits and pieces in, a few sketchbooks. I have a journal filled with tickets and photos and labels and stuff.

I'm a bit obsessive about recording stuff
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe these parents reading journals!
    I did when I was young (maybe aged up to about 12). Found them recently, and it's strange how what would have been humiliating before is just funny in an embarrassing sort of way now. Can remember a few bits like "It's social dancing tomorrow what if I get partnered with that smelly guy again?? might pretend i'm religious or contagious and have to sit out". All my problems are can't do equations in maths/I hate P.E. etc. Wanted to hit my past self for being so silly
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple .)
    Not ok. :eek:
    Neg for saying its bad that parents read their kids' diaries?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I kept a dream diary once. It was pretty funny! We were in a bookstore and I found it so frustrating to pay for the book. Difficult things just kept coming up!

Journals are fun. Just keep them in a safe place so no one can read them. Once I invented a code so no one could decipher what I was writing. I had learnt the entire code off by heart so it was as natural as reading English to me!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to keep a diary years ago, but realised I was just venting in to it about friends, family, school and honestly sounded like a bitch. After I have finished my A2 exams, I am going to start an online blog about my creative work (art, film, writing) to prepare for university. This will be public and will not mention anything personal so I don't turn into the angry thing my writing before made me out to be.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use to have a diary it started when i was 7 i wrote various things:-
    7 yrs old
    -my day to day life (looking back at it i laugh at my ugly handwriting lol)
    -who i hate
    - what shows i watched
    -what food i ate (i don't know why?)
    11-13 yrs old
    -this one boy i was OBSESSED with i actual wrote things like and i quote 'i want to lick his tight abs' at the age of 13 WTF!
    -all the girls i wanted to beat up but never got the courage to do in real life
    -the teachers i wish i could push down the stairs
    -what food i ate
    -what dress i'm going to wear at prom( now proms coming and i don't give a **** lol its funny how things work out that way)
    14 years old
    -I wrote what i wanted to be, how i was going to get there, my goals
    -how my future boyfriend will look
    -what food i ate
    -my favourite shops
    Now
    -i talked about how society is now
    -justin bieber is a ****head lol jk
    -what i didn't eat (got you there)
    -what i will do to anyone who dares and read my diary ( i could tell my sister was reading it)
    -made up stories about what i would do if I had superpowers cuz it started getting boring
    Then i gave up and here i am, i think i carry on but it's funny looking back at all the stupid things i wrote i think people should write one hey you might even become famous for it (but i highly doubt it)
    P.S the diary i had at age 11-13 way locked so no-one could go in
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wrote one for about 1 month when I was twelve.
    I stopped when my sister informed me that my mum was going into my room every day whilst I was at school, rummaging through my drawers and reading everything.
    I might start one if I go to uni though.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple .)
    And do you let other people read your journal or is it private? I remember reading diaries I wrote when I was really young, and thinking I wish I'd never written that down - what if someone had seen it! (It was mean stuff about arguments with friends, or hating teachers etc etc - really young, haha.)
    Nah it's securely hidden under my bed. I don't write anything about other people but there is something uncomfortable about someone reading your thoughts over the last few years.

I had loads when I was young and there is one time when I was about 11 that I still have and it's hilarious to read. A direct quote.."I got my first bra today, I feel like Jordan" :lolwut:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 3, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.