The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
No matter how tired or drunk I was, if my partner wanted to have sex, I would do it.

Im guessing you are male?

In which case you are the one putting it in someone instead of having it put in you.
And you wont know how horrible it is having an object you dont want being forced into your body, no matter who it is.

Accept that sex is different for women than it is for men.
Reply 81
Original post by Donald Duck
I'm strongly against rape, but I think there is one evening you cannot refuse sex.

Evidently not against rape then are you :rolleyes:
Reply 82
Original post by Perseveranze
Being drunk fair enough, but she kept denying him again and again for no reason, then I wouldn't be surprised if he had just cheated on her.

This is exactly the sort of medieval opinion I expected you would hold, I just never thought you would write it down.

I hope that no woman is foolish enough to marry you, if this is your attitude.
Original post by betaglucowhat
Above all: please do not rape people.

Alright then. I wasn't sure if I should or not, but now you have said that, I now know not too.

Phew.
Original post by Harrifer
This is exactly the sort of medieval opinion I expected you would hold, I just never thought you would write it down.

I hope that no woman is foolish enough to marry you, if this is your attitude.

What makes you think there'll be any consent? He'll just grab a 9 year old off the street. :ahee:
Original post by Moiraclaire
yes but surely you'd want to have sex with them so that you could get as much money as possible ! Anyway in this particular story, that does not appear to be the case.

Having sex with your husband/wife doesn't necessitate getting more money and is besides the point. Do you think that a person is allowed to not want sex even if they are married? The reason why they don't want sex is irrelevant. If they say no and sex is forced upon them it is rape.
the question is .. why did she decline him sex.. can some up clear this up for me
It's like Carla and Frank from Corrie!!
Original post by Bullet Knuckle
the question is .. why did she decline him sex.. can some up clear this up for me

It's irrelevant why she declined. If she declined, for any reason, then he does not have the right to force her into sex.
Original post by badcheesecrispy
This is horrifically abusive and perverted, why are so many men intent on giving us all a bad name? Its very strange how some men dont know what 'no' means and also think they are entitled to sex whenever they want. No doubt there will be blokes on this one defending the guy in some way- 'Oh, well she was drunk and he is her husband, why should she expect him not to **** her whilst shes passed out?' and the usual garbage that is just seeking to outrage.

Original post by Ras17
I don't think anybody is defending the guy.

Original post by S-man10
I hope he gets what he deserves tbh.

Original post by Darth Vader 7
It's quite sickening that such medieval actions still occur in the 21st Century. It's ridiculous.

Original post by whyumadtho
That is ****ing disgusting.

Original post by popsicles3
I hope he gets what he deserves.

Original post by + polarity -
mother****er

Original post by JongKey
obviously with her raping her i doubt she ever felt like wanting to have sex with him again.

Original post by Nightstar-27
Its not her fault he raped her, she probably didn't have a clue that he would be like that after they got married.

Original post by medigirl
He RAPED her. regardless of what context whether she was ill recovering from an operation or frolicking about the room in lingerie. NO means no! i'm appauled but not surprised that such chauvanistic behaviour still exsists in todays society :eek:

Original post by Architecture-er
What a sick freak

Original post by hr30
Rape is rape, in whatever situation. Surely it's even worse that this is a man she presumably loved and trusted, a man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. To have him turn on her and show that side is terrible....

Original post by SophiaKeuning
That's awful. I hope she's okay. I can't imagine actually living with your rapist.

Original post by Snagprophet
No excuse for raping. Couples have to respect each other and in this case he did not respect his wife.

It is truly ****ing terrifying how quickly people are willing to cast aside the ideology of innocent until proven guilty.

Jesus christ people, show some restraint before organising your witch hunts. You are damning this man based on the biased reporting of a prosecuting statement. It's entirely possible that this man did do what has been said. But that isn't a fact at this point, and none of you have the necessary evidence to decide on that now.

There's a good chance some of you may end up on a jury one day. And there's also a chance that some of you may end up accused of a crime you didn't commit. If so, I hope for your sakes that the people who decide your fate show more of an open mind.
Original post by hr30
Clearly you have no idea about the psychological effects of being in an abusive relationship. For example: he rapes her on her wedding night, it's quite possible that she believed, since his 'attitude changed after the wedding', that it was one time, spur of the moment on his wedding night. She may have stayed with him hoping he would change. After having a child with him she then has the financial implications, her attachment to him emotionally (its possible to love someone who is abusive, don't forget), and the welfare of the children to consider.

Not necessarily all 'bull****'

What attracts some women to men who are very obviously totally useless and very dangerous pieces of dog**** who should be avoided at all costs?

In some ways the injuries these women suffer are not dissimilar to injuries sustained by deliberately jumping under a train.

It doesn't justify the pieces of dog****, of course, who should go down for a few decades, but it makes you wonder about the women who get involved with them.

Even more so if they have already suffered violence at the hands of the aforementioned piece of dog****, and are fully aware of what they are capable of.

I mean, you wouldn't be surprised if a woman who deliberately climbed in a lion's cage got mauled.

EDIT - Judging by the negs, it seems some people can't accept this. There are certainly many complex reasons why some women are attracted to men who use them as punching bags.

Erin Pizzey did some interesting work on this, but was then shunned by the "women's movement" because her observations were contrary to the preferred perception:

"In her book Prone to Violence Pizzey has argued that many of the women who took refuge had a personality such that they sought abusive relationships. Pizzey describes such behaviour as akin to addiction. She speculates that high levels of hormones and neurochemicals associated with pervasive childhood trauma lead to adults who repeatedly engage in violent altercations with intimate partners despite the physical, emotional, legal and financial costs, in unwitting attempts to simulate the emotional impact of traumatic childhood experiences."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Pizzey
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 91
There's gotta be a Darwin Award, maybe even 2...
Reply 92
Original post by Phalanges
It is truly ****ing terrifying how quickly people are willing to cast aside the ideology of innocent until proven guilty.

Jesus christ people, show some restraint before organising your witch hunts. You are damning this man based on the biased reporting of a prosecuting statement. It's entirely possible that this man did do what has been said. But that isn't a fact at this point, and none of you have the necessary evidence to decide on that now.

There's a good chance some of you may end up on a jury one day. And there's also a chance that some of you may end up accused of a crime you didn't commit. If so, I hope for your sakes that the people who decide your fate show more of an open mind.

Fair enough, but my reply was more on the condition of him being charged, which I clearly mentioned.
Original post by Jackso
No idea. Why?

If they'd had sex they would understand the basic mechanisms of the vagina and agree that having a cock or anything else forced up there is not nice. In fact it can be agonising, even if you haven't just given birth or had surgery, whether it's your husband's cock or some stranger that jumped out of a bush. That's kinda one of the reasons why rape is horrific, you follow? They'd also know what a sex drive is and how not everyone wants it all the time but if all they got is their hand, they wouldn't understand that.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by Bullet Knuckle

Cause I gave her a jolly good seeing to, that's why.

I defend that ideology's application as a paradigm of the criminal justice system, not of humanity's evaluation of a situation in general. As it stands, I find the accusations attributed to this man disgusting.
Ooooh, I enter this thread after a long graft from posting it and of course find the usual suspects (perseverance, lawaspiringstudent), blaming the woman again. I feel sorry for the poor women who marry you.
Original post by S-man10
I hope he gets what he deserves tbh. How stupid is it that you can't wait, even till the next morning. You are married, you will obviously be having sex sooner or later. If that man was so desperate for sex then he should have paid for it or simply mastrubated ffs :facepalm2:

Rape isn't about sex. It's about control.
Reply 98

Oh get off your high horses. Witch hunts aren't being organised here. As already mentioned, the application of the ideology will be defended if one were to end up in a jury box, but the fact of the matter is that the accused man's actions disgusting and unethical.

Who knows, as you say, he could be proven innocent, but hey, he was simply "proven" innocent... on the other hand, is he really?
Reply 99
tbh, i would feel rather hard done by if i didn't have sex on my wedding night.

Latest

Trending

Trending