The Student Room Group

Ugh Less then 2 weeks left

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Craming Revision
Hey all, got these bloody as levels coming up in under 2 weeks :/ how is everyone preparing for it? how many hours are you guys doing a day? and what subjects do you do? personally i've just literally started revising today :colondollar: also im getting stressed over these exams so what do you do if you're stressed apart from masturbating. lol jk about the last thing

Don't worry about it. If you've done good work throughout the year you shouldn't have to cram it all at the last minute. Look over your books, learn some quotes for English (if you're doing Lit) and do a couple of practice papers. If, of course, you didn't do any work in the year and you've left it until now to start learning then... you may have more reason to be stressed :tongue:

Don't ask other people how long they spend revising a day unless you're looking for an excuse to have to masturbate :cool: People can revise 8 hours a day making notes in coloured gel pens and learn nothing, whilst some people who sit outside all day contemplating whether to work or not will breeze through because they remember stuff from the lessons easily. Ignore the 8 hours a day people. They're not cool.
Original post by james95
GEOGRAPHY, FILM STUDIES, SOCIOLOGY, CRITICAL THINKING AND OVER THE SUMMER I HAVE MY EPQ TO COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::mad:

everyone doing EPQ has been told to forget about it until after exams. They've just handed in their draft. Concentrate on exams for the minute!
try 8 exams in 2 weeks!!!!!!

oh and 2 exams with only 5 mins inbetween each other......****
Original post by Bimbleby
Don't worry about it. If you've done good work throughout the year you shouldn't have to cram it all at the last minute. Look over your books, learn some quotes for English (if you're doing Lit) and do a couple of practice papers. If, of course, you didn't do any work in the year and you've left it until now to start learning then... you may have more reason to be stressed :tongue:

Don't ask other people how long they spend revising a day unless you're looking for an excuse to have to masturbate :cool: People can revise 8 hours a day making notes in coloured gel pens and learn nothing, whilst some people who sit outside all day contemplating whether to work or not will breeze through because they remember stuff from the lessons easily. Ignore the 8 hours a day people. They're not cool.

Cheers ma man!, iv revised for 4/8 of my exams in full content,.. i seriously don't know how to revise for english lang/statistics have you got any pointers on them subjects mate? chem and psychology are ok just doing past papers for them but i dont even know where to start of for english and stats predicted U's on both them subjects but an E in pscyhology and an A in chem.
Reply 44
Original post by Craming Revision
Cheers ma man!, iv revised for 4/8 of my exams in full content,.. i seriously don't know how to revise for english lang/statistics have you got any pointers on them subjects mate? chem and psychology are ok just doing past papers for them but i dont even know where to start of for english and stats predicted U's on both them subjects but an E in pscyhology and an A in chem.

No problem. Hm, English Lang is way hard to revise for... maybe have a look at some revision guides. They're not amazing but it'll give you more of an idea of what they're looking for which is always helpful, or looking at the marking criteria online. Otherwise just reading papers and stuff to get a feel for different styles of writing? There's not that much you can do for Lang in my experience.

As for statistics I'm afraid I have no idea... I never liked maths/stats and failed miserably at my stats GCSE coursework so I'm not the person to ask! Good luck, though, sounds like you've done good work on the rest of it!
Reply 45
Original post by Ra Ra
I've been revising for over a month and I still haven't covered everything. I hate AQA History, I really do...

AQA History is academic hell
Blergh I swear doing History is like doing 2 A levels!
I've been an idiot and left everything to the last minute once again. For my AS exams last year I did fine because all my exams were in late May/early June but this time I literally have them all next week and the week after. I spent the last month of school trying to finish my art (which I still haven't done). I haven't picked up a book for either of my history exams and am absolutely ****ting it. English lit I'm a little worried too :/. I actually hate myself, fml!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending