Ugh Less then 2 weeks left

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Study Helpers megatr
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ra Ra Ra)
    I know :bawling: There's just so much to learn, and you're screwed if you don't revise just one event as much as the other events and it turns up in the exam.

I'm okay with my other exams, actually. But History is mind torture. I'm in two minds about taking it next year now, to be honest
    My teacher is very good at doing her research and predicting what topics might come up, but of course, I can't depend on that. It just helps get priorities straight.

OmW, what about those questions that include two or three events in the Q, that you have to analyse inside/out upside / down?

Do the examiners cut us any slack?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craming Revision)
    Hey all, got these bloody as levels coming up in under 2 weeks :/ how is everyone preparing for it? how many hours are you guys doing a day? and what subjects do you do? personally i've just literally started revising today also im getting stressed over these exams so what do you do if you're stressed apart from masturbating. lol jk about the last thing
    Don't worry about it. If you've done good work throughout the year you shouldn't have to cram it all at the last minute. Look over your books, learn some quotes for English (if you're doing Lit) and do a couple of practice papers. If, of course, you didn't do any work in the year and you've left it until now to start learning then... you may have more reason to be stressed

Don't ask other people how long they spend revising a day unless you're looking for an excuse to have to masturbate :cool: People can revise 8 hours a day making notes in coloured gel pens and learn nothing, whilst some people who sit outside all day contemplating whether to work or not will breeze through because they remember stuff from the lessons easily. Ignore the 8 hours a day people. They're not cool.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james95)
    GEOGRAPHY, FILM STUDIES, SOCIOLOGY, CRITICAL THINKING AND OVER THE SUMMER I HAVE MY EPQ TO COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::mad:
    everyone doing EPQ has been told to forget about it until after exams. They've just handed in their draft. Concentrate on exams for the minute!
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    try 8 exams in 2 weeks!!!!!!

oh and 2 exams with only 5 mins inbetween each other......****
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bimbleby)
    Don't worry about it. If you've done good work throughout the year you shouldn't have to cram it all at the last minute. Look over your books, learn some quotes for English (if you're doing Lit) and do a couple of practice papers. If, of course, you didn't do any work in the year and you've left it until now to start learning then... you may have more reason to be stressed

Don't ask other people how long they spend revising a day unless you're looking for an excuse to have to masturbate :cool: People can revise 8 hours a day making notes in coloured gel pens and learn nothing, whilst some people who sit outside all day contemplating whether to work or not will breeze through because they remember stuff from the lessons easily. Ignore the 8 hours a day people. They're not cool.
    Cheers ma man!, iv revised for 4/8 of my exams in full content,.. i seriously don't know how to revise for english lang/statistics have you got any pointers on them subjects mate? chem and psychology are ok just doing past papers for them but i dont even know where to start of for english and stats predicted U's on both them subjects but an E in pscyhology and an A in chem.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craming Revision)
    Cheers ma man!, iv revised for 4/8 of my exams in full content,.. i seriously don't know how to revise for english lang/statistics have you got any pointers on them subjects mate? chem and psychology are ok just doing past papers for them but i dont even know where to start of for english and stats predicted U's on both them subjects but an E in pscyhology and an A in chem.
    No problem. Hm, English Lang is way hard to revise for... maybe have a look at some revision guides. They're not amazing but it'll give you more of an idea of what they're looking for which is always helpful, or looking at the marking criteria online. Otherwise just reading papers and stuff to get a feel for different styles of writing? There's not that much you can do for Lang in my experience.

As for statistics I'm afraid I have no idea... I never liked maths/stats and failed miserably at my stats GCSE coursework so I'm not the person to ask! Good luck, though, sounds like you've done good work on the rest of it!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ra Ra Ra)
    I've been revising for over a month and I still haven't covered everything. I hate AQA History, I really do...
    AQA History is academic hell
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Blergh I swear doing History is like doing 2 A levels!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been an idiot and left everything to the last minute once again. For my AS exams last year I did fine because all my exams were in late May/early June but this time I literally have them all next week and the week after. I spent the last month of school trying to finish my art (which I still haven't done). I haven't picked up a book for either of my history exams and am absolutely ****ting it. English lit I'm a little worried too :/. I actually hate myself, fml!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 7, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.