The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Level Psychology G543 (11/06/12)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by SalC
Hi everyone - glad to see it's not just me that despises this exam! I'm a little confused about the layout of the whole exam - it's 100 marks right? How is this made up? I know section A is a 10 marker where you have to describe one particular study but that's it :redface: Any help?

Thanks!
Sal

Hi, health is 50 marks and so is forensic... For both A is 10 and B is 15 so 25 marks for each set of question
Reply 101
Original post by sasha165
Hi, health is 50 marks and so is forensic... For both A is 10 and B is 15 so 25 marks for each set of question

Ah thanks! So 40 description marks and 60 evaluation.

Eek!
Reply 102
Original post by jessplease
4 exam questions (2 health 2 forensic depending on what sections youre doing)
within each question there is a section a worth 10 marks and a section b worth 15 marks

section a is describe, section b is evaluate :smile:

Thank you! Got a whole week to revise, hope it's enough, I've been concentrating on my other exams up until now :/
Just starting revising today, can anyone tell me if we reallyyy have to learn sutherland in upbringing...i just can not seem to digest it...:frown:
Reply 104
Original post by Coffeegirl
Just starting revising today, can anyone tell me if we reallyyy have to learn sutherland in upbringing...i just can not seem to digest it...:frown:

I still know the bandura study from AS so thats what i would use but then in the conclusion put that sutherland links to this theory because he believes we learn aggressive behaviour from peers

All i remember and all you need to know is:
Sutherland believes that:
-Criminal behaviour is learnt through interaction
-It is dependent on how much time you spend with criminals
-If with criminals you will learn a favourable or unfavourable attitude towards law
-You will learnt their motives, excuses and techniques
-criminal behaviour is learnt in same way as any other behaviour
-it explains gang crime and peer groups
Original post by chica123
I still know the bandura study from AS so thats what i would use but then in the conclusion put that sutherland links to this theory because he believes we learn aggressive behaviour from peers

That's a good idea , I also remember the Bandura study but will they accept that with it being an AS study???
(edited 11 years ago)
All i remember and all you need to know is:
Sutherland believes that:
-Criminal behaviour is learnt through interaction
-It is dependent on how much time you spend with criminals
-If with criminals you will learn a favourable or unfavourable attitude towards law
-You will learnt their motives, excuses and techniques
-criminal behaviour is learnt in same way as any other behaviour
-it explains gang crime and peer groups

Ok cool, but is that enough to get the ten marks?? :eek:
On second thoughts, I am confused - are we supposed to do Wilkstrom or Sutherland??
Ok cool, but is that enough to get the ten marks?? :eek:

well if you think that's bullet points and its typed, and its not a piece of research so they'd ask for a theory, you can long it out more e.g
Sutherland believed that criminal behavioural is learnt based on the social learning theory, you learn behaviour through interactions with people that you are around regularly which tend to be family and friends acting as role models. Through observing those around you, if you are around criminals more than you are law abiding people then you tend to learn off them, whether this be their morals, excuses and techniques as criminals or whether they have a favourable or unfavourable attitude towards the law. This would influence you to have an unfavourable attitude towards law and are more likely to commit a crime. Criminal behaviour is a behaviour just like any other therefore is learnt in the same way, this learning of behaviour tends to explain crime commited within gangs and peer groups :smile:

also forget to add it's called Differential Association :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
On second thoughts, I am confused - are we supposed to do Wilkstrom or Sutherland??

Wilkstrom is poverty and disadvantaged neighbourhoods and sutherland is learning from others, they are two seperate sub topics within upbringing :smile:
Reply 111
That's a good idea , I also remember the Bandura study but will they accept that with it being an AS study???

Yeah it should be as long as you link it to criminal behaviour :smile: we've not really been taught the whole sutherland theory in detail
Wilkstrom is poverty and disadvantaged neighbourhoods and sutherland is learning from others, they are two seperate sub topics within upbringing :smile:

Oopse :colondollar: I meant Akers ? sorry :/
Reply 113
Does anybody know whether if you got a question on the definitions of dysfunctional behaviour by rosenhan and seligman if you would say the limitations to easy way of diagnosing dysfunction behavious in section A question?
Original post by Mizz_S
Okay when having a question on reliablity, you can talk about the generalisability of the results to the wider population, ecological validity plays a fact as well as if it lacks eco validity it doesn't tend to be reliable then. Your last one can be on the research method. if it's a lab experiment then you can replicate which guarantees that the study would be reliable. You can also talk about other reliabilities such as test-retest etc..

Hope that was helpful :smile:

Any chance you could give examples of three points relating to each of the issues?
I'm finding answering the section bs really hard. Right now i'm only managing two rubbish points per section b so i'd be really greatful!!
Reply 115
Does anyone else have a feeling that there will be two questions on after a guilty verdict?
Reply 116
Original post by chica123
Does anybody know whether if you got a question on the definitions of dysfunctional behaviour by rosenhan and seligman if you would say the limitations to easy way of diagnosing dysfunction behavious in section A question?

You could very briefly mention why certain definitions may not be as effective after describing them (e.g. 'Deviation from social norms' is ethnocentric and doesn't seem to account for forward thinking people changing society) but remember, section A is all about description, so don't get too involved with analysis of definitions. :smile:

Original post by al_miller
Does anyone else have a feeling that there will be two questions on after a guilty verdict?

I'm fairly certain there will be. It's the only topic that has never come up twice, so it's extremely likely to this year. Which sucks for me as I haven't covered it :sigh:
Reply 117
Original post by Lollyage

I'm fairly certain there will be. It's the only topic that has never come up twice, so it's extremely likely to this year. Which sucks for me as I haven't covered it :sigh:

What do you think will come up in Health?
I'm trying to predict what will come up so I can narrow down the studies I need to revise because there is no way I'll be able to remember everything!
Reply 118
Original post by Lollyage
You could very briefly mention why certain definitions may not be as effective after describing them (e.g. 'Deviation from social norms' is ethnocentric and doesn't seem to account for forward thinking people changing society) but remember, section A is all about description, so don't get too involved with analysis of definitions. :smile:

Thankyou!
Do you have any ideas what 2/3 questions could come up from health and clinical? We haven't done healthy living though.
Reply 119
This website seems to be quite helpful.
It may help you, it may not, but here it is anyway
http://www.mrthirkill.com/5.html

I was searching for g543 quizzes to test my knowledge as a quick reminder of the context of studies and this came up.. so, by all means take a look and if it helps you then good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending