77.78%
    S2
    22.22%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Which one is better?
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    One is a phone, the other a phablet. Which do you want?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Note is better specs-wise, having a faster processor and a HD screen (that's the highest resoution on any phone), as well as a higher pixel density

But ultimately it depends what size you prefer. The S2 is very old now despite still being a good phone. If the note is too big for you, its better to consider the HTC One X, or Galaxy Nexus, or GS3

Me, i went from a GSII, to Galaxy Nexus, and then a HTC One X.

The Nexus easily beats the other 2 for me, largely down to the superior stock android user interface.

I've now got a galaxy note, and removed the hideous slow and awkward touchwizz interface with stock galaxy nexus android 4.04. It now runs like a dream, super fast, slick, extremely polished, and consistent - faster than the quad core HTC One X

Never underestimate the importance of user interface and screen quality/size. Both are more important than anything else.

The note doesnt even feel large in anyway at all after just a few days use. Its size doesnt inhibit how i use my phone in anyway at all. When i pick up my Nexus now, it feels microscopic and too small to be useful - which is amazing considering i thought it was massive when i first bought it
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive been using a note for the last few weeks and I'm genuinely totally and utterly used to the size. It feels quite big when you first start using it but after a while it just feels like any other phone. The only time I'm even remotely aware of the size is when calling people...otherwise its all good.

I will warn you that it is damn near impossible to use anything smaller after this. I used a friends iPhone and it was genuinely like using a childs toy.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohirome)
    Ive been using a note for the last few weeks and I'm genuinely totally and utterly used to the size. It feels quite big when you first start using it but after a while it just feels like any other phone. The only time I'm even remotely aware of the size is when calling people...otherwise its all good.

I will warn you that it is damn near impossible to use anything smaller after this. I used a friends iPhone and it was genuinely like using a childs toy.
    Yeah, definitely this.

To be honest, I prefer the larger screen size - it makes games more enjoyable and allows for real web browsing.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markuk99)
    Me, i went from a GSII, to Galaxy Nexus, and then a HTC One X.

...I've now got a galaxy note
    Da***? :lolwut:

That's essentially a new premium device every 3-4 months. How do you even? :confused:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 6, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.