Scottish Nationalist Party
    10.09%
    British National Party
    0%
    Respect
    0%

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So the 2012 Local Elections are tomorrow, the Tories and Lib Dems are set to make losses while Labour, the SNP, and UKIP are predicted to make gains.

Question is, who will you be voting for?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Green first choice mayor Labour second and then Labour for London assembly and local constituency.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    None of the above: Plaid Cymru.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Conservative, we finally have a chance of toppling the Liberal Democrats here.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Conservative because I am not all that convinced by my local Labour candidate
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    While I rashly said UKIP yesterday, I have in fact voted Conservative, if only because there was no UKIP candidate near me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I voted '1' for an SNP candidate and '2' for the Liberal Democrat. She has been a councillor for ages and is really hard working, and I think she deserves that chance while it is deprived for the rest of her party.

SNPMAJORITY.COM
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I voted ! And now I'm off for a shower to wash the moment off me :getmecoat:

EDIT: Labour btw
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I wish there was a UKIP candidate on mine, I don't like the Conservative candidate either
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope the results that the Respect party has gained on this poll will mirror the actual results.

(When this post was written, Respect had 0 votes)

• 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland council is in and if replicated nationally would yield..

Lab: 38%
    Con: 30%
    Lib: 15%

BBC show a good historical correlation between Sunderland changes and the national result so i simply applied the swing.

Ukip in 6 wards have polled over 20% however, could be a very good night for them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gales)
    None of the above: Plaid Cymru.
    +1
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Labour gaining all round with the Tories losing the most and the Liberal Democrats only slowly falling.

Ukip have gained 1 ward and are apparently averaging 14%, squeezing the Tory vote.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looking like a good night thus far...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WharfedaleTiger)
    Looking like a good night thus far...
    The good thing about local elections, is that all damage Labour can do is localised and within a fixed budget/ borrowing from whatever the government says they can.

Let's see where increased spending gets these councils by the end of their term
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Labour gaining all round with the Tories losing the most and the Liberal Democrats only slowly falling.

Ukip have gained 1 ward and are apparently averaging 14%, squeezing the Tory vote.
    they are having another disaster..
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    another? It's been one long disaster since they joined the coalition, they've shown themselves to be quite the band of traitors.
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's actually mathematically impossible for them to do worse than they did last year...but it looks like they're trying nonetheless :rofl3:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    They are aren't they?

I think Lib dems will be very glad that the tories have done just as badly as well, so there won't be nearly as much attention on them this time round compared to last year.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)

A lot of the commentary about the Tory vote moving to UKIP is concerning, if the spoiler effect made tonight and future elections worse that would be worse than if Labour made the gains.

Warsi's attempts to link the BNP and UKIP were utterly ridiculous. UKIP voters tend to be ex Tory's whilst BNP voters tend to be ex Labour supporters.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 5, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.