The Student Room Group

Standard Grade French!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -Neuro-

What did everyone get for the question about the athletes diet? And what about the question asking for what he hopes will happen?

I said he eats a protein-rich diet and doesn't eat sugary foods?
I also wrote he hopes to win 3 medals and make his parents proud! :smile:
Not sure if thats what everyone else got?
Reply 41
I made a few educated guesses in the Listening but by reading some of these comments look like they have done well :P. So annoyed in the general that I didn't recognise that it was a heated pool. The only question that really troubled me was Question 1 on Credit Reading, awkward much? Quite unfortunate that the Listening was about the Olympics...What did people get for what else she was doing in London...?
Reply 42
Original post by ChrissyH
I made a few educated guesses in the Listening but by reading some of these comments look like they have done well :P. So annoyed in the general that I didn't recognise that it was a heated pool. The only question that really troubled me was Question 1 on Credit Reading, awkward much? Quite unfortunate that the Listening was about the Olympics...What did people get for what else she was doing in London...?

I got that she was going on atour of the gardens, and that she was going on a river cruise :smile: what did anyone get for the question about how often he trained?
Reply 43
I went for a boat ride down the River (Thames) and tour of the gardens :smile:.
Ne t'inquiète pas. Je suis sûr que tout le monde a passé!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by chelsealawson_
I said he eats a protein-rich diet and doesn't eat sugary foods?
I also wrote he hopes to win 3 medals and make his parents proud! :smile:
Not sure if thats what everyone else got?

got them both expect i thought it said 'au moins trois' which is at least three medals
Reply 46
Original post by nerd434
Did you guys get ¨Going to the Museum of Transport¨ for ¨A history project on cars for school¨ .. ?

It sounded like J'ai fait so I assumed she had done it before...so I put that she went because she did a school project on the history of transport...works both ways if its past or present :P...looking at other peoples different answer always adds pessimism :frown:
Reply 47
Right heeeeellloooo.

I found that reasonable, was hard at points but hopingi have passed.

for the one about the guys diet, i wrote cant eat sugary/sweet things and eats foods rich in protein.
For the one about how many times he trains i wrote 4hours a day ? and something about an athletics comp once a week but thats defos wrong.

For the girl, i wrote a tour of the pretty gardene because i thought joli meant prety. I wrote she wanted to go to the museum because she is doing a project '''on the history of cars'''?

Someone wanna discus answers i feel depressed now:mad:
Reply 48
Original post by nerd434
Listening - Grade
Reading - Grade x 2
Speaking - Grade x 2
Writing - Grade

Then you add them together and divide by 6 to find your overall grade!

If for instance one got 1.66.. as a total, would that go up to a grade 1 or down to a grade 2!?
Oh dear haha. I think the Credit reading was easier than the general. So i was pretty confident...then the listening came. I answered them all but I know I got them wrong (most of them anyway) I think overall I might of scraped a 2 (reading) 3 (listening) or 2,4

What about everyone else?
Original post by jamieguitar101
I think everyone needs to chill out about standard grades as they are relatively pointless if you are doing highers

In order for us to be allowed to TAKE the higher course, we MUST pass it at standard grade. And i'm sure when you did your standard grades, you were probably just like us. :goaway:
what do you guys mean by "Standard exams".

Im in UK so do you mean something equalivent to GCSE's?

Btw "Highers" = AS-A2 -> A Levels?

Im doing GCSE French atm reading is easy but memorising words over the last couple days wont work. Reading my favourite takes time to learn the "Mot a mot" but you'll get there eventually. Writing takes practice especially grammer like subjunctive mood, superlative, conditional etc but its dependent on reading skills(words)

Speaking takes ALOOT practice + confidence imho and its dependent on your listening skills I.E if your good in listening and are able to understand the gist of it and the accents you should have an advantage at speaking.

Languages are rather progressive unlike some subjects where you can cram it all in couple nights before.
standard grades are the equivalent to GSCE's
For the one about what they were doing in london, did anyone else get seeing the play "Oliver"? for 1 of their points?
Reply 54
Original post by nerd434
How many more exams do you have? When is your Maths exam?

I have 4 exams left, and I did maths on the 2nd of may :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by nerd434
\

You're right about the cars/museum as well as the the diet one! You only need 10/25 to pass normally (that's how it's been the past 5 years..), sure you'll pass!

Thanks for replying appreciate it !!
Original post by jamieguitar101
Well obviously you have to pass the ones you want to take at higher, but if you want to take them then obviously you will show academic prowess in that subject and should have no bother passing. What i was saying before you came out with his - to put it bluntly - pointless response, was that if you aren't taking the subject at higher then don't worry about your grade because chances are they wont affect you in any way in the future.

And for he record i am currently sitting my standard grades and just trying to spread some calmness in this hostile enviroment :cool:

Oh sorry for making snap judgement! :frown: Its just so many people at highers always say that people doing standard grade always make a massive fuss but they were the exact same. Aw I seeeee :smile:
The reading went pretty well but I did not do the listening particularly well. The biggest thing I am annoyed about is on that question where it asked "What was Mark (or whoever it was) hoping for during the Olympics?" I wrote "He hoped to get three medals during the Olympics and make his parents proud." then I changed the "To make his parents proud" part of the answer. Now I know that was actually the right answer and now I feel like like I just wasted a mark. :angry:
i thought it was really hard,not going to lie :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending