Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

VM83 - War Motion

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Do you agree with this motion?
    As many are of the opinion, Aye
    44.19%
    On the contrary, No
    20.93%
    Abstain
    34.88%

• 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Ask yourself - is just war theory not closer to pacifism than the alternative that other "no" voters believe in?

It accepts that war is a moral issue, whereas the alternative (realism, as it's known) completely denies that. It's a matter of degree and this Motion's proposal is a lot closer to pacifism than what we have at current. Silly to vote against it.
    Well yes, it is, and I must admit I'm slightly ashamed to be saying "no" in the same boat as tehFrance and tufc. The point still stands that I don't agree with the motion (as we've discussed about the "just war" section, no need to bring this up again) so I voted against it.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Well yes, it is, and I must admit I'm slightly ashamed to be saying "no" in the same boat as tehFrance and tufc. The point still stands that I don't agree with the motion (as we've discussed about the "just war" section, no need to bring this up again) so I voted against it.
    Were all votes here were decided through individual members agreeing with various items exactly then nothing much would pass.

If you don't think that the Motion's proposals would be an improvement then okay; I personally reckon that an all-or-nothing approach to issues like this is illogical.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Were all votes here were decided through individual members agreeing with various items exactly then nothing much would pass.

If you don't think that the Motion's proposals would be an improvement then okay; I personally reckon that an all-or-nothing approach to issues like this is illogical.
    Probably, but oh well.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It will (probably) still pass anyhow
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    The aye's have it! The aye's have it!
Updated: May 7, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Debate and current affairs forum guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.