Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Foreigner girl in my house

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi people. Recently we welcomed a foreigner girl for a week in my house and I'm the only guy in my house.
    Let me start with, the first time we saw eachother I was shirtless with pants so it was abit embarrassing and since then I barely had the balls to talk to her and also don't want my sisters to think I'm hiting on her or anything but she seems like a nice girl and she's always looking at me with that face "why doesn't he speak to me?" and I don't want to leave the wrong impression!
    I mean, if she knows my name, it sure wasn't me who told her!
    What do I do?
    Thanks
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    ...talk to her?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The well known 'why doesn't he speak to me' face.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    ...talk to her?
    Yea but it feels weird with my sisters around and her image of me semi-naked.

(Original post by brb_gone_gym)
    The well known 'why doesn't he speak to me' face.
    yea, you're joking or being serious?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AS4P)
    Yea but it feels weird with my sisters around and her image of me semi-naked.

It would be more weird to never talk to someone you're living with without good reason.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    It would be more weird to never talk to someone you're living with without good reason.
    This. Just laugh off the whole semi-naked thing.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    you should have sex with her.. but so she doesnt want more..

have with sex with her... but do it...

NOTORIOUSLY!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Tell her how you played for Porto.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a foreign student in a french house and I can say that it takes a while to actually open up to people (i.e. talk or make contact). Just be nice and ask if she wants to go out, or even just watch a film.
    Also, what's her level of english, she might feel it's not good enough to speak to you, in which case make it known she can make all the mistakes you want. I can say from personal knowledge that it's pretty **** when people rattle to you, realise you haven't fully understood then just give up (worst of all is when they tell everyone their opinions on your language skills...)
    Sorry if i went on a bit, finally can tell people how they should really treat a foreign student
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's a good point but I guess I'm lacking of a good start up. I mean, I say Hi everyday but probably nothing else. My aunt already told me why don't I speak much because I'm the best english speaker in my house lol.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is one of the stupidest threads i've ever seen.

Just TALK to her...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    have you tried fully naked?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.partridge)
    ahahah, no :|
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    let her be the one shirtless next time
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.partridge)
    LAD
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AS4P)
    Hi people. Recently we welcomed a foreigner girl for a week in my house and I'm the only guy in my house.
    Let me start with, the first time we saw eachother I was shirtless with pants so it was abit embarrassing and since then I barely had the balls to talk to her and also don't want my sisters to think I'm hiting on her or anything but she seems like a nice girl and she's always looking at me with that face "why doesn't he speak to me?" and I don't want to leave the wrong impression!
    What do I do?
    Thanks
    If it's just one week I wouldn't bother really, unless you have some feelings for her. But, if she is going to stay there for a really long time, you have to speak to her, just explain to her it was an accident when she saw you in your pants.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Something is telling me OP is a bit of an awkward social retard... No offence.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AS4P)
    What do I do?
    Thanks
    Just talk too her, she is probably more worried/ anxious about being in a foreign country than seeing you semi naked (probably would not even remember it); and it would be quite weird if your blatantly ignoring her even though your living together.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    **** her.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    grow a pair, and man up and talk to her.. its just a girl.. ive stayed in foreign families, and its so awkward and really depressing if you just exchange glances or polite hellos to one another

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 5, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.