Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most friends don't have FB timeline

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed most of my friends don't have timeline on their Facebook. How can this be? I thought it was permanently rolled out to everyone? I have the damn thing.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not been pushed upon everybody just yet.

I'm dreading the day. Even though I don't use Facebook very often, I also don't like the idea of being forced to have something. I guess I just cant handle change :cry2:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Gonna be controversial:

I actually don't mind timeline! :eek:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused. When I click on my profile it looks like timeline, but I don't remember agreeing to have it?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They are the lucky ones. Prepare for the storm.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love how this is in 'Everyday Issues'
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some people have been resisting it as much as they can.
    Pretty much every month has had people talking about the "imminent permanent roll-over" but it's yet to come.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I dont have it :proud:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't have it. I always get scared clicking on people's links that it will give me timeline. Many have been fooled that way with things like The Guardian. SirMasterKey refuses to be fooled in such a way and will hold out from timeline as long as possible.

A cruel frape these days would be to give someone timeline. In fact it might make them hate you :lol:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senator88)
    I'm so confused. When I click on my profile it looks like timeline, but I don't remember agreeing to have it?
    You don't have to agree on it, Mark just inflicts it upon you. Prick! (Mark not you)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hated the look of timeline before I had it but now I like it It's not that much different!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I went to my friends house saw her laptop was logged on and so was her FB so I changed it she has now stopped using FB :lol:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Everyone will be forced to have it, when it happens is just random really. Maybe it depends on your profile ID, idk. I really don't understand the problem, it's the most minor issue you could possibly complain about. I actually prefer it.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't really see the difference. I wasn't an utter moron 2 years ago so I don't care if people read what I wrote then. Then again 99% of my facebook usage nowadays is just for chatting and events.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't planning on getting it but I went on some app without reading the terms and it automatically converted me to timeline -.-
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother_Russia)
    I absolutely love how this is in 'Everyday Issues'
    #1stworldproblems.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't have it yet, and am glad. The layout isn't easy on the eye and though it's easier to access what Facebook deems your 'important' events or wall posts, you do actually lose data from it, so if you're trying to remember what you said to so-and-so or want to look for that link someone sent you a while back, it's gone. I make this point mainly because I haven't actually seen anyone else realise this, and though it doesn't concern me a lot, it is an annoyance.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senator88)
    You don't have to agree to it, eventually they just enforce it regardless. On your profile it might say something along the lines of 'Your timeline will go live on X of [insert month here]. Click here to activate it now.' Happened to me, was pretty annoyed since I really didn't want it. That being said, I do quite like the notion of having a cover photo. Some kind of picture which you can use to express things about you which were otherwise difficult.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amime)
    I'm dreading the day. Even though I don't use Facebook very often, I also don't like the idea of being forced to have something. I guess I just cant handle change :cry2:
    Where is that little violin ...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    One day I woke up and I had it... i don't know why.. I'm still in shock. I hate it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 3, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.