The Student Room Group

Anyone else missing school because of revision?

Scroll to see replies

I'm missing tomorrow for my exam on Tuesday.... how on earth can they expect me to come in then?!
I missed 2 days last week, they've started putting us through mock exams.
Original post by ambrin ox
Did you get in trouble for it? I am scared, I mean we have finished and now i just want to study independently rather than travelling miles everyday,

...not really. These vital weeks are up to you, and you won't get into trouble. Coz these times, teachers can no longer help you.

Last year, my attendance was 100%
this year, it's like 87% because of personal problems and issues.
At the end, you're only there to get the grades you need.
Reply 63
My school ended on the 2nd of May for year 14s. (I'm Northern Irish- Year 13 to you)

I'm only doing 5 exams in the next 2 months. It's a good life. MY first exam isn't until the end of May.
I've hardly been at school since 21st March because I've been in hospital and in and out of doctors and ill most of the time, and I've got so much more revision done at home, I'm feeling a lot more confident.
Reply 65
Bunking today and tomorrow for a resit I have on Wednesday although not getting much work done, cos I've done all the past papers :l
Seeing as my sixth form won't let us have study leave (yet the Year 11s get it :curious:), I have decided to take a few days off...like today. A lot of my lessons are pointless at the moment anyway, I may as well self-teach because my teachers aren't great either.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm considering it tomorrow because I have 6 lessons and doubt it'll be useful.
Reply 68
Took today off to revise and, shock horror to me, I've actually revised a decent amount so far. History exam tomorrow and didn't even have a History lesson today, only an hour long revision session after school, so it was definitely the right decision.
Took yesterday and will probably take today off, I'd only be missing 3 hours if I went in from tomorrow anyway, get tonnes more done at home.
Reply 70
If i revised better at home I would... however I can never concentrate at home so it's 8:30-5:00 everyday at school with only 20 min break to get food =[
Reply 71
Original post by ambrin ox
But what im scared about is the whole attendance thing and the college taking any serious action, u reckon they would for A2?

Possibly if you continue to do so throughout next year.

It's more understandable now due to exams, but be careful about it in year 13. I've had teachers on my back because of attendance.. but as someone mentioned before you'd rather good grades and bad attendance than bad grades and good attendance!
To be fair, i did the EXACT SAME THING! I missed 2 weeks off school before my first exam, and missed all my mock AS Levels. The Head of Sixth form wasn't pleased but he knew how hard I worked during these 2 weeks and etc. And he knew me quite well as I was always sent to his office when I was naughty in lower school (that's a different story).

But I've always believed don't let anything or anyone hinder your progress. And even though, your school may be really strict, if you get amazing results due to that time off, they can't really say anything. I wonder if your school cares about their punctuality rate, or their pupils' success rate??

I think your future is more important than a few detentions or whatever punishment they deem fit for you wanting to succeed in your education.

Due to my revision and me skipping school, I got 98/100 an A in my Philosophy, which I was predicted a D for... So they didn't say ****-all to me cause I proved them right - REVISION AT HOME IS MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE THAN SCHOOL!
Reply 74
I did that with my GCSEs, I came in for the lessons that I actually found helpful and then the others I unfortunately had a 'dentist' appointment etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cool_JordH
To be fair, i did the EXACT SAME THING! I missed 2 weeks off school before my first exam, and missed all my mock AS Levels. The Head of Sixth form wasn't pleased but he knew how hard I worked during these 2 weeks and etc. And he knew me quite well as I was always sent to his office when I was naughty in lower school (that's a different story).

But I've always believed don't let anything or anyone hinder your progress. And even though, your school may be really strict, if you get amazing results due to that time off, they can't really say anything. I wonder if your school cares about their punctuality rate, or their pupils' success rate??

I think your future is more important than a few detentions or whatever punishment they deem fit for you wanting to succeed in your education.

Due to my revision and me skipping school, I got 98/100 an A in my Philosophy, which I was predicted a D for... So they didn't say ****-all to me cause I proved them right - REVISION AT HOME IS MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE THAN SCHOOL!

How far in advance would you wag school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Destiel <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean?
Reply 77
Original post by Destiel <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally acted like I was average all the time until mock/exams said otherwise. They predicted me a C at GCSE RS throughout year 10, and I came back after the holidays with 92 in it.
Same thing for GCSE science. They thought I needed more time to settle into a new group etc as I switched to a triple science group then. So everybody I'd their first exams, and I did it with those who were retaking them, 100% in one, 98% in the other.
Original post by Tuya
I personally acted like I was average all the time until mock/exams said otherwise. They predicted me a C at GCSE RS throughout year 10, and I came back after the holidays with 92 in it.
Same thing for GCSE science. They thought I needed more time to settle into a new group etc as I switched to a triple science group then. So everybody I'd their first exams, and I did it with those who were retaking them, 100% in one, 98% in the other.

Very good, well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest