Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

B438 - Welfare Bill 2012 (Second Reading)

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably introduce an Amendment regarding Bereavement Allowance, but otherwise I think this is a good starting structure. Aye, barring anyone presenting any particularly strong arguments against later on.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    The argument here is whether the state should buy a citizen a "freedom pass" for £30 or give them the £30 to do with what they want. What part of the latter do you find so wrong?
    I'll assume he's running off the idea that people are too stupid to know what's good for them. Which is a fairly worrying position to take.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    I'll assume he's running off the idea that people are too stupid to know what's good for them. Which is a fairly worrying position to take.
    I don't know about you, but I've spoken to some people recently and they seem pretty doltish - I'm certain I don't spend my cash in the most sensible way I could. I just think that having the government directly provide people with travel encourages the idea that people are owed travel by the state, when really that attitude should only be reserved for the things of utmost importance like healthcare and education.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Division!!
Updated: May 8, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.