Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

IYO: Best Rockstar game within the last decade?

Announcements Posted on
Cast your vote for the Game of the Year awards! 20-11-2014
  • View Poll Results: The best R* game since 2002?
    GTA: Vice City
    13.64%
    GTA: San Andreas
    47.73%
    GTA IV
    10.23%
    Manhunt
    0%
    The Warriors
    0%
    Max Payne 3
    0%
    Midnight Club : Los Angeles
    0%
    Bully
    1.14%
    Red Dead Redemption
    26.14%
    L.A Noir
    1.14%

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well my favorite rockstar games are Red Dead Redemption and Bully. I haven't played San Andreas in years, but I'm going to buy it off XBOX Live and play it so maybe I'll be able to get a better opinion of that game.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    GTA SA by a country mile.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    San Andreas, then Red Dead, then Vice City.

I only bought Red Dead last week and I cant believe I've slept on this, one of the best games I've ever played.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    San Andreas for me. Vice City was really really good, but SA just took that even further. I never really got into GTA IV. Red Dead is decent enough for the half hour or so that I watched it being played, but not good enough to be better than SA.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't choose between San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption. Both were amazing adventures.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I preferred Vice city to be honest.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    SA; it still holds up as well.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    San Andreas being the most popular is inevitable.
    I genuinely can't remember it! The only thing I remember from the game is saving it and riding a bike in the first(?) mission.

I went for GTA IV because that's the only one I do remember playing properly.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I hate how everyone jumps on San Andreas' dick. The game was not that good, just massive. More does not mean better, whereas you have games like Red Dead Redemption and GTA 4 that have obviously have such massive attention to detail in every single aspect of the game that, to be honest, it is ridiculous that they could pull it off.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hah, yeah I loved Canis Canim Edit, it's ****ing GTA in a school!

I really liked Red Dead too, was really upset at the end HAH

Midnight Club 3 was fun! I hadn't played LA
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    GTA: Vice City

Absolutely adored the game. Such a brilliant game limited only by current technology and how far gaming had progressed game-engine-wise.

GTA: San Andreas

Had some of the most fun on any game ever here. Its only even slight problem was its lack of identity but that's just because it tried to include so much craziness in one game!

GTA IV

Another brilliant game. The first GTA to really nail the narrative feel. The stripped out features were a shame but in the end it was just meant to be a different game. I loved the different direction personally -it's fantastic to see so many different secrets and so much exploration to be done in such a small world.

Bully Very different than the above; as much as people may call it 'GTA in school'. It was really fun; and even little mini-games like classes were fun rather than tedious. Was cool to somewhat experience American High School (even if it was in an extremely exaggerated way).

Red Dead Redemption Combined the brilliant narrative of IV with the extensive exploration in SA. Everything in the game felt so alive - amazingly immersive

L.A Noir Least favourite of all these but still a great game. Little repetitive.

Picked San Andreas but having second thoughts. Not sure, I loved SA/IV/RDR fairly equally so it's hard to decide.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    San Andreas all the way!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You missed off RS Table Tennis!! :gasp:

To answer the question though, honestly can't pick. I loved SA and also Bully! Loved L.A Noire but not as much as those two. I have RDR at home somewhere waiting to be played. Should probably start that...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption. It's a shame it paled out towards the end but for a while I felt I was in a proper cowboy film.

I can imagine Max Payne 3 being the next big one from Rockstar.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's definately a toss up between Vice City and San Andreas.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 7, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.