The Student Room Group

If you dont meet your firm and insurance choice...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Iqbal007
Well what do you mean by private center?
A private college where you take classes, etc or just exams?

The ones where you pay to just do the exams
Reply 21
Original post by blob290
Yes what I want is for everyone to give me the same answers over and over again because thats really going to help. Thanks for answering anyway

I know you do :rolleyes:. that's why you're asking the same questions over and over again but slightly changing the wording
Reply 22
Original post by Juno
I know you do :rolleyes:. that's why you're asking the same questions over and over again but slightly changing the wording

Ok maybe I was just wording the question wrong, but its fine, hopefully i get my firm or insurance and this post will have been for nothing.
Original post by blob290
and decide not to go through clearing, can you simply pay to privately retake your exams and then apply next year without new references and an updated personal statement (as in just use the same ones I was given/wrote this year)? or would i need new ones? do I get to just use the same UCAS account I already have?

Sorry if this seems stupid, but I'm confused.

You need a completely new personal statement. They'll still run it through the same plagiarism software, and they'll assume you copied it (even though it's the same person - kinda silly). You also need another reference - this can be the same person, but I don't know if this can be the same actual reference. Your teachers would know.

You also need to explain why you took a gap year in your new statement. Some career or subject related work experience will look impressive. I recently read an article where a journalist sat in of the admissions process at Cambridge. One of the admissions officers said 'Ooh, this one's been on a gap year'. Another said 'If he's been sitting on a beach for the year, tear it up' (I read it in a really snotty voice in my head).
Reply 24
Original post by agoetcherian
You need a completely new personal statement. They'll still run it through the same plagiarism software, and they'll assume you copied it (even though it's the same person - kinda silly). You also need another reference - this can be the same person, but I don't know if this can be the same actual reference. Your teachers would know.

You also need to explain why you took a gap year in your new statement. Some career or subject related work experience will look impressive. I recently read an article where a journalist sat in of the admissions process at Cambridge. One of the admissions officers said 'Ooh, this one's been on a gap year'. Another said 'If he's been sitting on a beach for the year, tear it up' (I read it in a really snotty voice in my head).

:lies:

You can use the same PS again coz they know it's you.

It's not a good idea, but you can.

Now STFU and let me finish my Zinfandel.
Original post by Juno
:lies:

You can use the same PS again coz they know it's you.

It's not a good idea, but you can.

Now STFU and let me finish my Zinfandel.

I did not know that. Enjoy :smile:
You wouldn't necessarily need a buzz word, you can just apply as an individual not attached to a centre...
Reply 27
Original post by MusicGirl92
You wouldn't necessarily need a buzz word, you can just apply as an individual not attached to a centre...

Ah, *******s.

This depends on your referee. If you're getting a reference from a school/college they will probably want you to apply through them and not as an individual.
Reply 28
Original post by blob290
So could I just email my old tutor and ask her to give me the reference and buzz word or do i get the buzz word from the private centre and the references from my old college?

You don't need a buzzword. The buzzword is what you enter get a specific college assigned to your application. You'll be applying independently. You still put your tutor's email address down as referee and she gets emailed a link to fill out the reference.
Original post by Juno
Ah, *******s.

This depends on your referee. If you're getting a reference from a school/college they will probably want you to apply through them and not as an individual.

Not necessarily, especially if the reference is going to come from a different centre to which the exams are going to be taken in... It would make it less confusing to apply as an individual and ask the old centre to provide you with a reference.
Reply 30
Not necessarily, especially if the reference is going to come from a different centre to which the exams are going to be taken in... It would make it less confusing to apply as an individual and ask the old centre to provide you with a reference.

But the old centre, being a school, is almost certainly not going to agree to that
Original post by Juno
But the old centre, being a school, is almost certainly not going to agree to that

Having been in the same situation that the OP is describing, I completely disagree.
Reply 32
Having been in the same situation that the OP is describing, I completely disagree.

Having seen many, many posts on the issue I know you were just a lucky exception
Reply 33
Original post by blob290
The ones where you pay to just do the exams

Well then your old college should be happy enough to do a reference, my old one is happy to do so. You'll need a reference.....just talk to your tutor about it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending