Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

june 2012 Geography Unit 3 Contested Planet

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys do you think one eg of a top down and one eg of a bottom up project is sufficient? Or are you using multiple eg's for those types of aid?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Braptings)
    Guys do you think one eg of a top down and one eg of a bottom up project is sufficient? Or are you using multiple eg's for those types of aid?
    Awesome username for section A I think it would be fine to compare one of each, and just go into detail about their advantages/disadvantages and impacts since we don't get much time.
    It depends for section B; if the question specifically asks about top down and bottom up strategies, then it might be good to compare several, but hopefully you'd be doing that anyway because we have parallel case studies for the projects listed at the back of the pre release.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to panic now haha. Does anyone have any synoptic links to water conflicts? I can't think of any other than biodiversity in a few places.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the case studies in the book eg. Colorado, sand dams, north to south project count as parallel examples which get synoptic marks but not entirely sure.
    Otherwise superpowers is quite a big link as India and China are BRICS and have significant growing regional power. Which could lead to resource competition and hostility between the two.
    There's also the link to energy in the hydroelectric dam.
    Also development in the bottom up/top down projects to achieve water security.
    And climate change in reference to glaciers and natural hazards in the monsoons which lead to flash flooding in Bangladesh.
    Feel free to add.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Totally lost with this exam, so much cramming happening right now. I wish I found that seminar report before now it's so helpful!

Also worried that the flooding in my town will cause school closure again tomorrow and cancel exams (happened today)... totally ironic considering topic.
    will this revision even be worth it? aagghhhh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone for today
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    last minute cram guys! Do we reckon they could ask a question specifically related to figure 3 on the pre-release (the table with selected territorial disputes) ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if they would be that specific but there were some good notes posted in another thread on this topic: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post38067375
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How did people find it? What questions did you all do?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    did energy and tech fix, thought it was alright went better than i expected
    pre release questions weren't as bad as i thought.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Swear we're not meant to discuss it?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    luckily school was open!
    i did superpowers and tech fix! think i screwed up the 15 mark tech fix but other than that i found it pretty alright
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i did biodiversity and superpowers, thought it went alright
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did some people feel pressed for time ? Hardly anyone finished it properly in my class had to bullet point a few of my conclusions :/

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaredjw)
    Did some people feel pressed for time ? Hardly anyone finished it properly in my class had to bullet point a few of my conclusions :/

some girl in my class was pushed for time, i found it okay but my arm ached so much in the last 15 minutes that i think i cut down what i could've done!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ha i know what u mean I had a sociology exam that morning aswel! I just hope the grade boundaries are a bit low

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey did anyone doo bridging the development gap
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did superpowers and tech fix, couldnt believe how nice some of the questions were compared to previous years! Especially 6c on the 3 schemes! Hopefully that won't mean the grade boundaries get pushed up too high though..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 05hedgh)
    hey did anyone doo bridging the development gap
    Yup :cool:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 18, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.