The Student Room Group

Sciences po admissions interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Hey!

My name is Lucile (Lucile Pntr on FB, add me!) and i'm currently a first year student in Dijon. I'm part of the welcoming team for next year's first year: have you been accepted or do you know anyone who got accepted? We still haven't received the list of future first year, but we do have many apartments available, but we're afraid they wouldn't be available anymore in a few weeks time. And feel free to send me a message if you have any questions!
Original post by lupann
Hey!

My name is Lucile (Lucile Pntr on FB, add me!) and i'm currently a first year student in Dijon. I'm part of the welcoming team for next year's first year: have you been accepted or do you know anyone who got accepted? We still haven't received the list of future first year, but we do have many apartments available, but we're afraid they wouldn't be available anymore in a few weeks time. And feel free to send me a message if you have any questions!

Hey, I am going to have my interview in 10 days. I've applied in Dijon campus. Any useful advices for the interview, as a current first year student? I'm so nervous, hope everything will go in a good way!:smile:
Reply 202
Hi guys! I had my interview for the campus in Reims 1 week ago, I feel pretty confident overall but I couldn't answer to a couple of questions regarding congressional republicans in us.. o.0 do they really expect you to know everything?! do you think this is going to affect their final decision??
Original post by effe96
Hi guys! I had my interview for the campus in Reims 1 week ago, I feel pretty confident overall but I couldn't answer to a couple of questions regarding congressional republicans in us.. o.0 do they really expect you to know everything?! do you think this is going to affect their final decision??

Hey you! So it seems like you applied for the Euro-american campus? I'm from Singapore and am going to the euro-african one, which is also Reims. :biggrin: I assure you they most definitely do not expect you to know everything, they want to draw in thinkers, not know-it-alls. Besides, what's the use of accepting someone who "knows everything"? The interview itself is not too significant a factor, as a lot of times, the jury has already made their admission decision, the interview serves to confirm that the candidate is indeed as promising as they are on paper. Whereas in other cases, the interview serves to be an add-on factor to help the jury to reach to the final decision. There's really no use to brood over this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and hopefully we'll see each other in September! Where are you from btw? :smile:
Reply 204
i had an interview for the Reims campus on the 21st of april and i am waiting for an answer which is supposed to arrive in the next few days. i also did not answer to some questions about congressional republicans so i am a bit scared of the results.
i read the whole blog and i saw that many times sciences po replies around the 12th-13th of the month, should i be worried they havent replied yet?
I am from Greece by the way
Reply 205
Hey, i had my interview for Reims on the 21st of April, i am still waiting for an answer. i also did not reply to some questions about congressional republicans should i be worried? i am from Greece and i am totally freaking out
Original post by lupann
Hey!

Hi Lucile,

I'm having my interview for the dijon campus in 2 days
I've added u on fb, as u can understand, i have a couple of questions in connection with the interview and the campus too....i'm just a bit nervous :biggrin:DDD

Thx in advance for ur help :wink:
Reply 207
Original post by iyone
I wish there was a facebook group to meet the others. So far I have not been able to find one :/ but its nice to know at least one other person, going there next year.

haha I also made sure I really had my answer down pat for the " Why Sciences Po" question :smile:

I know that it's based on the individual but ... what kind of reasons did you give? :')
Any Americans got accepted? What were your sats guys?
Hey! I want to apply to Nancy this April. I want be forever grateful if you would be so kind as to write me about your interview in detail and perhaps give me some tips? (I Thank you in advance)
I want to apply to the Reims and Poitiers campus before the end of the year! Not feeling terrible about the prospect of the interview but I wish this thread was more active so we could talk about the process together!
Original post by Lizzie0327
I want to apply to the Reims and Poitiers campus before the end of the year! Not feeling terrible about the prospect of the interview but I wish this thread was more active so we could talk about the process together!

I'm applying to the Reims campus this year too. I'm doing the dual BA degree with Columbia so my application would be a bit different but we could still talk about the admissions and interviews!
Original post by sophietheoreo
I'm applying to the Reims campus this year too. I'm doing the dual BA degree with Columbia so my application would be a bit different but we could still talk about the admissions and interviews!

Yeah! I was wondering if the specific prompt interview will ask us to analyse an article or an image, because i think it definitely was an article a few years ago, but it seems like they may have started using image prompts, maybe to be a bit more open ended?
Original post by Lizzie0327
Yeah! I was wondering if the specific prompt interview will ask us to analyse an article or an image, because i think it definitely was an article a few years ago, but it seems like they may have started using image prompts, maybe to be a bit more open ended?

Yeah, I've also heard that they've moved to images. I expect they'll either give us a bit more info if we get interviews or we can email and ask.

Have you written your essay materials yet? I've opened my application but have yet to do anything. I'm too scared to begin tbh
Original post by sophietheoreo
Yeah, I've also heard that they've moved to images. I expect they'll either give us a bit more info if we get interviews or we can email and ask.

Have you written your essay materials yet? I've opened my application but have yet to do anything. I'm too scared to begin tbh

I haven’t written anything yet, I figure I’ll start sometime around the end of the month so I can get it in before the new year, and that way I’ll be in the earliest categories for interview

Quick Reply