The Student Room Group

Sciences po admissions interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I got an email from sciences po and i will have my interview on the 17th of april in reims, anyone? And anyone can explain what should i know before i have an interview for euro american campus?
Reply 101
Good luck to everybody! My interview is getting close as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
Original post by Canadian16
You're not alone. I had my interview last week and I utterly failed it. It was such a disaster that I have pretty much written off Sciences Po from my university list. Although, I would like to hear from those who thought they did horribly but still got accepted, to maybe get my hopes up a bit, which could be a negative or positive thing come mid-April.

Yeah exactly, I'm hoping they bomb students they're interested in with questions to test them. My friend who went just after me and got the same newspaper article was only asked 5 questions whilst I was asked at least 12.

Which Sciencespo did you apply to?
I applied to the Dijon campus and Le Havre as my second choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No worries guys!

I did my interview in Istanbul yesterday.
It was pretty difficult but I answered almost every questions with the answer they wanted. The questions were as follows
- General Knowledge : French history, or current wars french troops are engaging in. Northern Mali for example.
- Passion to study in France and why you didn't learn French (If you do not) * this question was the hardest. They interviewer started to name some French course centers in my city! and asked me why didn't I go there.
- the article! guys I finished it in 15 min, its going to be easy so no worries. Mine was about the War on Iraq, thanks that I had pretty much knowledge about it.
- the last part, about your country or region, they are going to ask you about the relations between your country and France and you need to tell kinda everything you know otherwise they will ask you a lot once you finish.

My interview went very well, thanks to God, although I kept saying (of course I know) every time they asked me a question, it was a wrong thing!
However, I heard a lot about students who were crying right after the interview. Few weeks later they got in!
I didn't cry after the interview so I think mine was not normal lol

Good luck and feel free to ask me!
Reply 105
Original post by Canadian16
I applied to the Dijon campus and Le Havre as my second choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I applied to the Dijon Campus as my first choice as well. Have you had your interview? If so, what kind of stuff did they ask you? I got an email saying I was "admissible" and that they would send me an interview date. I was hoping for an interview this month...I guess that will not be the case now.
Reply 106
Is there anyone that applied for Euro-American campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lawson9_5
Hey, I applied to the Dijon Campus as my first choice as well. Have you had your interview? If so, what kind of stuff did they ask you? I got an email saying I was "admissible" and that they would send me an interview date. I was hoping for an interview this month...I guess that will not be the case now.

Hey, yes I did have my interview. I should tell you that Sciences Po informed me of my interview only one week in advance so be prepared to go to your first or second choice of cities at anytime.

I was asked the basic questions that have been covered in this forum such as why Sciences Po, Dijon campus and etc. The panel gave me an article from the New York Times about Romanian and Bulgarian immigration to the UK during the financial crisis. My French was also tested because it is a bilingual campus so work on that. I can't seem to recall the questions since this is the part where I pretty much stumbled on as I didn't understand them. Good luck and I hope we will get to meet each other in Dijon.
Reply 108
Original post by Europe18
Is there anyone that applied for Euro-American campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied and i will have my interview on the 17th in reims
Reply 109
Hey, I have my interview in a week at the Menton campus (Middle East and Mediterranean)
did anyone else apply there or does anyone know how the interview works?
Reply 110
Hey guys!
Turns out my predictions were wrong. I got accepted to Menton!
Reply 111
Original post by Ramez012
Hey guys!
Turns out my predictions were wrong. I got accepted to Menton!

WHOEVER GETS ACCEPTED TO MENTON, PLEASE JOIN THIS FB GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SciencesPoMenton20132014/?fref=ts
Reply 112
Original post by alaraucak
I applied and i will have my interview on the 17th in reims

Hi!
I too have an interview coming up for the Reims campus. I have heard of some really scary, but still kinda interesting experiences from people who gave interviews for Sciences Po.

Where are you from btw?
Reply 113
Original post by tans1608
Hi!
I too have an interview coming up for the Reims campus. I have heard of some really scary, but still kinda interesting experiences from people who gave interviews for Sciences Po.

Where are you from btw?

Im from Istanbul/Turkey. Yeah, it may sound scary but once you start speaking time goes very fast! And now I'm waiting for my reply :smile:
Reply 114
Should I be concerned about the fact that I haven't received a reply to my application, even though I sent it on the 10th of April? I'm really freaking out because the last interviews I can attend are coming up in a week and a halfs time! :\. I've received the email suggesting that my application is completed, but even then the box for DOSSIER DE CANDIDATURE is still crossed off in TopApply? I emailed SciencesPo and I received the response of "It's fine, chill out" basically, but I'm just a little concerned?

I'm applying for the Euro-American undergraduate program in Reims. Nice to meet you all. :smile:
Reply 115
Original post by DaveyyP
Should I be concerned about the fact that I haven't received a reply to my application, even though I sent it on the 10th of April? I'm really freaking out because the last interviews I can attend are coming up in a week and a halfs time! :\. I've received the email suggesting that my application is completed, but even then the box for DOSSIER DE CANDIDATURE is still crossed off in TopApply? I emailed SciencesPo and I received the response of "It's fine, chill out" basically, but I'm just a little concerned?

I'm applying for the Euro-American undergraduate program in Reims. Nice to meet you all. :smile:

I don't think it should worry you. A friend of mine received a call for an interview in about a month's time!! The average is usually 3 weeks.
I got a call in a week's time, but the person on the line said that the official e-mail will be sent in about 10 days' time or so.
As far as the the DOSSIER DE CANDIDATURE (or the Completed Application) box is concerned, mine is still crossed off, and I have got a call, so I don't think that really means anything (and you already got the e-mail, so no worries:smile:)

I too am applying for the campus in Reims! Good to see someone applying alongside, if you know what I mean. I am sure you'll get a call soon.

I just don't know how important the interview really is - I mean is it going to 'the major factor' in the selection process, or is it just a part of the entire application. Hope all goes well though. Good luck to you!
Reply 116
Original post by alaraucak
Im from Istanbul/Turkey. Yeah, it may sound scary but once you start speaking time goes very fast! And now I'm waiting for my reply :smile:

Yeah well, I think I can handle the ten minute bit pretty well, I just hope the rest of the interview goes all well. Let's see.

Lucky you, already had the interview and everything. Tell us if you get a call (which hopefully you will!)
Reply 117
I don't think it should worry you. A friend of mine received a call for an interview in about a month's time!! The average is usually 3 weeks.
I got a call in a week's time, but the person on the line said that the official e-mail will be sent in about 10 days' time or so.
As far as the the DOSSIER DE CANDIDATURE (or the Completed Application) box is concerned, mine is still crossed off, and I have got a call, so I don't think that really means anything (and you already got the e-mail, so no worries:smile:)

I too am applying for the campus in Reims! Good to see someone applying alongside, if you know what I mean. I am sure you'll get a call soon.

I just don't know how important the interview really is - I mean is it going to 'the major factor' in the selection process, or is it just a part of the entire application. Hope all goes well though. Good luck to you!

Thanks for the advice, you've really calmed me down! :P

My biggest problem is that the last interviews for Australia are in a week and a halftime, and I honestly don't have the time or money (like $1000) to fly to Malaysia or Singapore to complete it... :\

time will tell.
Reply 118
Original post by DaveyyP
Thanks for the advice, you've really calmed me down! :P

My biggest problem is that the last interviews for Australia are in a week and a halftime, and I honestly don't have the time or money (like $1000) to fly to Malaysia or Singapore to complete it... :\

time will tell.

You're welcome :smile:
You have your interview is in Singapore/ Malaysia????
Glad mine are in my city, like an hour's drive or so.

Hope you are able to give the interview though. Good luck with it!!
Reply 119
You're welcome :smile:
You have your interview is in Singapore/ Malaysia????
Glad mine are in my city, like an hour's drive or so.

Hope you are able to give the interview though. Good luck with it!!

I need to get an interview in Sydney, that's my only hope... :P
Malaysia's my second choice, which isn't possible. it's like an 8 hour flight...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending