Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

I'm back!, says Blair.

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Having Blair stand anywhere near Ed is going to make Ed look like even more of a gormless boob :facepalm: Oh well, at least if he's busy making Ed look like a melon he'll have less time to spread "peace" to the middle-east.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand all the hate for Blair, it just seems like another one of those general media-influenced sheep-like public opinions with total lack of thinking for self

I mean I thought he was a cool guy while he was PM and got even more respect for him afterwards when he transitioned into foreign business and became a multi-millionaire

I'm going to assume it's all just because of the Iraq war, which most people thought was a great idea at the time, it's not his fault the war in Iraq took so long lol

he left office right after the war started, before opinions of the war turned sour

Most PMs would have made that decision tbh, it builds relations with USA and is funded by all the oil they got so why not

It is a democracy after all, the decision to help invade Iraq was hardly be entirely blamed on him just because it didn't turn out so well
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheep)
    I don't understand all the hate for Blair, it just seems like another one of those general media-influenced sheep-like public opinions with total lack of thinking for self

I mean I thought he was a cool guy while he was PM and got even more respect for him afterwards when he transitioned into foreign business and became a multi-millionaire
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aramiss18)
    Iraq War forgotten already?
    Iraq was good in theory, just badly managed.

On topic: Labour do need him, he is miles better than Miliband and tbh I prefer him over Cameron.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    Cameron has inherited an economy with an enormous budget deficit, a banking system rotten to the core (admittedly he isn't going to change that), a struggling housing market (in part the fault of Blair whose government's policies encouraged the speculative buying of property) in a world economy that's going down the ****ter. Cameron is far from perfect but to say Blair would be doing any better is ludicrous.
    This.

Labour inherits strong economies and destroys them. The Conservatives inherit economic basket cases and build them back up again but then get voted out due to the unpopular decisions they made, which lets a Labour government in. Repeat.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Him returning into politics is very unlikely. Milking your own fame the way Blair did is a one way trip. That said I don't get the whole bandwagon of "Blair is a war criminal, why isn't he in prison?"

(Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    This.

Labour inherits strong economies and destroys them. The Conservatives inherit economic basket cases and build them back up again but then get voted out due to the unpopular decisions they made, which lets a Labour government in. Repeat.
    Oh how simply astounding your theories are. Please enlighten us.

Or simply go straight to Downing Street if you think it is actually that simple.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is TNT magazine?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The excessive amount of race-related threads on TSR made me read "I'm black!, says Blair."
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    Who ever voted for Ed Milliband to be the leader needs their heads checking. His brother would have been a much better choice for Labour. They deserve to not win the next election due to their own stupidity.
    Couldn't agree more, David Miliband would've made a good Labour leader and a very decent Prime Minister (I say that as someone who has never even considered voting Labour up to now). With him in charge I think Labour's rating would be as high as 45-50%. Instead they have bumbling, clueless Ed, who finds it hard to win votes even when the Tories are embroiled in several scandals. That says it all really.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Iraq was good in theory, just badly managed.

On topic: Labour do need him, he is miles better than Miliband and tbh I prefer him over Cameron.
    Why was Iraq ever good in theory?

Iraq has NOTHING to do with the UK, our governments should be working to improve healthcare, education, science and NOT acting as the world policeman.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyanohydrin)
    Why was Iraq ever good in theory?

Iraq has NOTHING to do with the UK, our governments should be working to improve healthcare, education, science and NOT acting as the world policeman.
    Look, the UK went in with the aim of toppling a dictator that killed his own people, harboured terrorists and to make life better for the citizens that were not Saddam's family. Yes there was also the whole thing with oil too but even if oil being a major part, the intentions were good just it was badly managed.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Look, the UK went in with the aim of toppling a dictator that killed his own people, harboured terrorists and to make life better for the citizens that were not Saddam's family. Yes there was also the whole thing with oil too but even if oil being a major part, the intentions were good just it was badly managed.
    Why is this any of the business of Britain?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyanohydrin)
    Why is this any of the business of Britain?
    Why is Afghanistan any business of Britain?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    Couldn't agree more, David Miliband would've made a good Labour leader and a very decent Prime Minister (I say that as someone who has never even considered voting Labour up to now). With him in charge I think Labour's rating would be as high as 45-50%. Instead they have bumbling, clueless Ed, who finds it hard to win votes even when the Tories are embroiled in several scandals. That says it all really.
    :yy:.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Why is he not in jail? Oh, I forgot. If you happen to be from the West, you're left off the hook. According to one person, they were found flouting the same law as the nazis, and are war criminals

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...712109215.html

Quoting Russia Today.

Boss.

It's hilarious how she says "Oh there were no WMD's". But could you say that at the time?

Ultimate bias.
    • 101 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)
    Quoting Russia Today.

Boss.

It's hilarious how she says "Oh there were no WMD's". But could you say that at the time?

Ultimate bias.
    Yeah I know it's RT and Press TV, but at least they interviewed those at the tribunal. I put up a link to Al Jazeera, but I can't find any video footage, apart from biased sources. Al Jazeera seems to be quite neutral. Also, it's said that Bush and Blair would have gone to war, regardless
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    'Says who?' said the electorate.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Yeah I know it's RT and Press TV, but at least they interviewed those at the tribunal. I put up a link to Al Jazeera, but I can't find any video footage, apart from biased sources. Al Jazeera seems to be quite neutral. Also, it's said that Bush and Blair would have gone to war, regardless
    What tribunal?
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    With Blair back, labour will definitely not win.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 7, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.