The Student Room Group

I'm the exam fairy, I'll grant you whatever grade you want

Scroll to see replies

If a real life exam fairy turned up I'd be greedy and ask for 4 A*s, lets not pretend we wouldn't.
...yeah, I wish for an A*, A*, A and C>A for Classics, English Lang/Lit, History and Biology XD (though, I don't even need A's for my offers lol)
Original post by llessur123
If a real life exam fairy turned up I'd be greedy and ask for 4 A*s, lets not pretend we wouldn't.

I'd still want to go to the same uni though :smile:
Original post by Callum828
Since I'm not a language student, I don't even need to do that. If I do, I get 'with foreign study' added to my degree title. If I don't, I can still finish the degree as normal.

Well same here, but surely you'll still be aiming to pass. Otherwise you won't have the recognition on your degree certificate that you went abroad. In which case some employers might ask what you did on your sabbatical year.
Reply 104
A*A*A*A please! I'd love to just show my parents what I can achieve and make them proud.
Reply 105
Original post by Choppyy
A*A*A*A please! I'd love to just show my parents what I can achieve and make them proud.

sooo TRUE. positive rep! (:
All a's and a*'s pleease xxxxx
Reply 107
BCC please :tongue:
AAB including Maths please. :smile:
Reply 109
Original post by Clare~Bear
If they don't undertsand then it's not revision - it's the learning that went wrong in some way. Yes a-levels are a lot about independant work but teachers are there for when you struggle with something and don't understand it. If you have useless teacher they might not be able to explain it to you in a way you understand and neither could the textbooks.

That's not an excuse though; All my teachers have been ****, except maybe 2. Textbooks and Teachers aren't the only source where someone can get some help, when I don't understand something I switch to youtube videos because I know that's the best way I learn, either that or I post it here for someone to explain to me.

I'm not the brightest person, when I started A levels my alps target grades were CCDE, my predicted grades were CDEE
I worked hard and turned it around by working at home; If I believed what you suggested in your first post then I probably wouldn't have gotten AABC and now at A2 I'm going for A*AB.
But you were predicted those probably because you didn't reach your potential at gcse.
Reply 111
AAA please :colondollar: , I need it to get into my firm. If you are feeling generous A*AA (to get a scholarship) would be even better :biggrin:
Reply 112
BBB, I'd be happy with that, I could improve next years grades with that, If they where high B's I might at least have a chance at getting A's next year... a small chance but a chance none the less. :smile:
As in maths, physics, english and chemistry please?? I need it for St Andrews <3 'tis my dream
Need AAB to get into my firm with an A in Chem :frown: So, exam fairyyy helpp me :biggrin:
AAAAA please :redface: or AAAAB..
I just want all my hard work to pay off, even though it feels like I know nothing right now :frown:
For me, it's not exactly the whole grade of an A level I need to wish (but of course I'd love an A* in all subjects), it's the grade of the individual paper I'd love to wish. I keep getting marks taken off for silly mistakes when drawing tables and graphs (sig figs, units, decimal places, not straight lines, forgot to write "Until excess", etc.).

If I could wish a grade, it would be an A in practical chem, physics and bio. My paper 1 and 2s are already great, and all those subjects total grade is already an A, it's just the practical holds me back from getting an A*. Oh and I hate paper 5 bio in the A levels.
Reply 117
A*AA
A* in Media, Business & Law please!:rolleyes:
Reply 119
"Exam Fairy" i wish you were actually REAL...ohhh the JOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY i would get.......!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending