Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post


Announcements Posted on
Take our survey to be in with the chance of winning a £50 Amazon voucher or one of 5 x £10 Amazon vouchers 28-05-2016
  1. Offline

    just confirmed nottingham for child nursing and need loads of help please. how do you apply for the course fees, bursary and also the accommodation at nottingham, any help is appreciated, thanks xxx
  2. Offline

    You'll get all the information you need in the next few months.
  3. Offline

    hey ive applied for childrens nursing at nottingham too and confirmed my offer, your student tuiton fees and maintiance loan need to go through student finance uk... the NHS bursary finance goes through the uni and they send you out the paperwork hope that helps... what accomidation are you applying for? ive done st peters court on suite .. as rileigh park said they dont offer it to undergrauates! x
  4. Offline

    There are no tuition fees, they are paid by the NHS. In order to make sure the NHS pay them, you will need to apply for the bursary, even if you don't receive the bursary. The university will let NHS bursaries know you have an offer and NHS bursaries will send you a reference number. No one will send you the paperwork, you will have to print it off and fill it in yourself. To get the maintenance loan, you can apply online at student finance england. You need to do this before 31st May to guarantee you will get it when you start the course. You will only be eligible for a reduced maintenance loan of around £2324 (something like that). For information about accommodation, contact the university's accommodation department. Because you are doing nursing, I would not advise catered halls, as you will miss out on a lot of meals when you are on placement. If you are in catered halls and on placement, you are likely to miss breakfast, lunch and dinner, and if the halls are catered they do not have adequate cooking facilities (just a microwave and toaster) to make meals when you have missed one. Also, in catered halls there will be no meals during the holidays, when you are still there and everyone else is on holiday. I would speak to the university accommodation department and ask which halls student nurses/midwives often go for, because it is nice to be with other student nurses and midwives.


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 7, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR

Don't be a half-term hermit

How to revise this week and still have a life

What's your biggest deadly sin?
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.