The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Delain
Not a problem at all, always happy to pass the good word on. You can do what is easier for you, call them or go in, they are happy either way.

thanks :smile: I will give them a call on Monday/Tuesday then I think!
Reply 201
Good idea, I hope it works out for you. ^^
Original post by SciFiBoy
thanks :redface: won't be till Tuesday at least though, weekend then bank holiday!

today I am gonna watch sport and try not to think about anything much tbh!

I hope things with you are good? :smile:

good plan to have a relaxing lazy weekend, i would do the same but my AS exams are so soon so going to try some revision , i'm ok at the moment will just have to see later on :colondollar:
from what delain said i think mind would be really helpful and useful to you, and if it doesn't well at least you can say you tried. All I would say is give it time, i have seen my psychiatrist/counsellor for nearly 5 or 6 times before it started to help but i suppose it depends on you as a person.
Reply 203
Original post by kahinalouise
good plan to have a relaxing lazy weekend, i would do the same but my AS exams are so soon so going to try some revision , i'm ok at the moment will just have to see later on :colondollar:
from what delain said i think mind would be really helpful and useful to you, and if it doesn't well at least you can say you tried. All I would say is give it time, i have seen my psychiatrist/counsellor for nearly 5 or 6 times before it started to help but i suppose it depends on you as a person.

This is really good advice, I agree. You will feel a bit emotional for a couple of days after each session as well, it's natural with getting all your feelings out but has to be done to start the healing process.
Ergh, ****, I have an essay due in 9 days time and I haven't started it yet. :yucky:

Concentration just isn't there. I tried watching the expendables and even though it hardly has a plot it was still extremely hard to follow.
Reply 205
Lowest I have been since I was in Hospital, mum is acting horrifically and i'm waiting for meds to kick in. Urgh.
Reply 206
Original post by Sabertooth
Ergh, ****, I have an essay due in 9 days time and I haven't started it yet. :yucky:

Concentration just isn't there. I tried watching the expendables and even though it hardly has a plot it was still extremely hard to follow.

Sorry to hear that, nothing worse than when the procrastination fairy pays a visit! She's been to see me too, I've had a week off for spring break from my OU course but now I can't get up the motivation to start this weeks topic. Also I'm supposed to be going down to social club later with my family to watch the football and they won't take no for an answer. :/
On my way to meeting CCBB, feeling good. Should defo be good :biggrin: :h:
Original post by Idle
Lowest I have been since I was in Hospital, mum is acting horrifically and i'm waiting for meds to kick in. Urgh.

:hugs:

How long you been on the meds?

I've noticed my quetiapine is starting to kick in and it's been about 3 weeks at the higher dose.
Original post by Delain
Sorry to hear that, nothing worse than when the procrastination fairy pays a visit! She's been to see me too, I've had a week off for spring break from my OU course but now I can't get up the motivation to start this weeks topic. Also I'm supposed to be going down to social club later with my family to watch the football and they won't take no for an answer. :/

Football? You don't need to concentrate on that, they never score anyway. :tongue:

That sounds like it sucks. I'm meant to be distance studying as well but I haven't gone over any lecture slides in about 3 months. :colondollar: I don't know how you find the motivation to do a whole OU course.
Reply 210

How long you been on the meds?

I've noticed my quetiapine is starting to kick in and it's been about 3 weeks at the higher dose.

Same I was on before, I ran out and didn't have the confidence to call up :colondollar:

I only missed like 5 days so it should kick in again quickly.

Sleepy times? :tongue:
Original post by Idle
Same I was on before, I ran out and didn't have the confidence to call up :colondollar:

I only missed like 5 days so it should kick in again quickly.

Sleepy times? :tongue:

Ah, that's never good. Couldn't you submit a written prescription request next time? I can't use phones either so always do that.

I hope it starts working again for you soon. :console:

Surprisingly not actually. :tongue: Noticing a huge reduction in paranoid thoughts, which is really nice.
Reply 212
Don't know why I'm feeling ill and tired :frown:
Always been too scared to post on here before but... here it goes.

Hello :smile:

I have Asperger's and I was diagnosed with depression 3 years ago but haven't been back to the doctor since being diagnosed. Just about managing on my own. Just.

Hope to get to know you all better eventually :smile:
Reply 214

I have an essay due in 10 days and also I haven't started it :frown:
Reply 215
Original post by Anonymous
Always been too scared to post on here before but... here it goes.

Hello :smile:

I have Asperger's and I was diagnosed with depression 3 years ago but haven't been back to the doctor since being diagnosed. Just about managing on my own. Just.

Hope to get to know you all better eventually :smile:

Hi :hi:

Don't be scared, we are all very nice :colone:.

The repetition of 'just' is a bit worrying :holmes:. As is the thought of you managing on your own. Is there anyone you can talk to for support? It might be helpful to also go back to the doctors?

Reply 216
Original post by avhhs
Don't know why I'm feeling ill and tired :frown:

I feel the same :hugs:
Reply 217
Original post by rmhumphries
Another friend back home created a facebook and didn't look to add me. I know how distant I am from those I was friends with back home, but it doesn't stop it hurting whenever I find another thing that shows that.

Maybe you can add your friend? Perhaps it wasn't intentional. And if it was you don't need him/her. But I understand that no matter how much you tell youself things have moved on etc it still hurts :console:.
Original post by Delain
This is really good advice, I agree. You will feel a bit emotional for a couple of days after each session as well, it's natural with getting all your feelings out but has to be done to start the healing process.

Yep very true, i remember after the first few times i cried for hours but like they say things have to get worse before they can get better :smile:
how are you today ??
Original post by SciFiBoy
thanks :smile: I will give them a call on Monday/Tuesday then I think!

Monday's a bank holiday. :fyi: Hope Mind proves useful. :smile:

Original post by ViceVersa
On my way to meeting CCBB, feeling good. Should defo be good :biggrin: :h:

Have fun, and don't do anything I wouldn't do. :tongue:

Latest