This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ViceVersa
Just on my way home, had a lovely time. Movie was greaaaat too. :smile:

Awesome. :h:

Original post by Alofleicester
Beer report - it's beer like, drinkable but a bit of a weak taste - needs more something but I don't know what :sad:

Hmm. I will refer you on to m'colleague rmhumphries who also makes beer. Of course your main mistake was in not making cider. :tongue:
Original post by superwolf

Hmm. I will refer you on to m'colleague rmhumphries who also makes beer. Of course your main mistake was in not making cider. :tongue:

I've made cider, I wanted to make beer with the aim of opening up my own speak-easy.

First brewing beer, next pinstripe suits, bowler hats and tommy guns :hat:
I've made cider, I wanted to make beer with the aim of opening up my own speak-easy.

First brewing beer, next pinstripe suits, bowler hats and tommy guns :hat:

:nah: You want to be focussing on the bathtub gin - get em with the hard stuff.
:nah: You want to be focussing on the bathtub gin - get em with the hard stuff.

Hmmm, I need a bath-tub first. I miss being able to have nice long relaxing baths :bath:
Oooh, what'd you go and see?

:shh:

Riiight? Riiiiiiiiiiight? :ahee:
I keep seeing faces and figures running past when I look in anything reflective :/

Anyway, I managed to actually sleep, I got up at 3 ;o

Oh and nice job Sabertooth about the free coffee that is :colone: glad to hear the medication is helping more. And yes I'm too lazy to purposefully quote you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hmmm, I need a bath-tub first. I miss being able to have nice long relaxing baths :bath:

I get my friend to drive me two hours to his house so I can have a soak in his tub. :bath: I don't think I'll be trying the gin in there though - I hear it eats away at the enamel. Got another gottle of mead bubbling away though, full of magical honey healing properties.
Original post by kahinalouise
good plan to have a relaxing lazy weekend, i would do the same but my AS exams are so soon so going to try some revision , i'm ok at the moment will just have to see later on :colondollar:
from what delain said i think mind would be really helpful and useful to you, and if it doesn't well at least you can say you tried. All I would say is give it time, i have seen my psychiatrist/counsellor for nearly 5 or 6 times before it started to help but i suppose it depends on you as a person.

ah, good luck with your exams :smile: I slept all day :colondollar: silly meds! gah! oh well can chill now anyway

yeah, well hopefully, I think it will be good for me to have someone to talk to at least anyway!
Monday's a bank holiday. :fyi: Hope Mind proves useful. :smile:

true, not sure if they might be open though cause some places are on bank holidays :tongue: thanks, I do to! :smile:
Original post by luno
I don't know how long you have had it, but I love the Homer Simpson pic! His facial expression makes me smile :smile:

only changed it recently :smile: love the Simpsons, Homer makes me smile and I saw the pic on google and it seemed ideal for a new avy :h:
Reply 270
I legitiamtley think someone has taken a ****ing dump in the bin in the kitchen. -_________- I hate halls.
Reply 271
Original post by luno
I feel the same :hugs:

Hope you're feeling better now :hugs:

Original post by ViceVersa
Just on my way home, had a lovely time. Movie was greaaaat too. :smile:

Really happy to hear that :jumphug: :hugs: :h:
Original post by Anonymous
Can I ask for some advice about how you let your family and close friends know you were depressed? I've lived away from my family for a year or so and although I was affected before, my depression has worsened since then. I keep in touch via phone calls and emails but I've found it impossible to bring up...any suggestions? :confused: I thought about calling them when I'm really upset but I don't want to worry them as they can't travel to see me easily. I'm not the most open with my family anyway :frown:

Bump I guess :frown:
Original post by avhhs
Really happy to hear that :jumphug: :hugs: :h:

Bump I guess :frown:

Sorry, I wish I had some useful advice for you, but I've kept it a secret from my family :frown: Maybe try phoning up and immediately saying "Hey mum, I need to talk to you" so that she knows it's something serious? Or send an e-mail explaining everything and asking her to phone you once she's read it?
Can I ask for some advice about how you let your family and close friends know you were depressed? I've lived away from my family for a year or so and although I was affected before, my depression has worsened since then. I keep in touch via phone calls and emails but I've found it impossible to bring up...any suggestions? :confused: I thought about calling them when I'm really upset but I don't want to worry them as they can't travel to see me easily. I'm not the most open with my family anyway :frown:

I waited until I saw my mum (was also living away from her) and then I handed her a note from my psychiatrist to my GP outlining what was wrong. I didn't have the ability to tell her myself so this was a pretty easy way of letting her know everything with minimal effort on my part. Then she asked me questions which was a hell of a lot easier to answer than trying to explain everything from the start.

I wouldn't suggest calling them when you feel like crap, because sometimes it can be hard to think when you feel like that and then the added stress of trying to explain might make you feel worse. Rather, I'd recommend calling them when you have a period of low stress so if it does make you feel worse at least it's the best time for it.
Sorry for bugging you guys again, but what are good things you guys like to do when you're feeling really low in order to feel better? I'm feeling extremely low and while listening to music is helping me, all it's doing is making me feel happy for a short period of time. Think I should just go to sleep? Urgh, I HATE feeling like this. It's at that point where just being around other people is annoying me. With some people, it feels like I have to change myself in order to please them.
Reply 277
Original post by Sabertooth
I waited until I saw my mum (was also living away from her) and then I handed her a note from my psychiatrist to my GP outlining what was wrong. I didn't have the ability to tell her myself so this was a pretty easy way of letting her know everything with minimal effort on my part. Then she asked me questions which was a hell of a lot easier to answer than trying to explain everything from the start.

I wouldn't suggest calling them when you feel like crap, because sometimes it can be hard to think when you feel like that and then the added stress of trying to explain might make you feel worse. Rather, I'd recommend calling them when you have a period of low stress so if it does make you feel worse at least it's the best time for it.

Hey, I've been trying to get the courage to tell my mum for a long time and I really like the sound of the letter! Question though, did the letter the cover any psychosis stuff? How did your mum react to that if it did? That's what is scaring me the most at the moment.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Hey, I've been trying to get the courage to tell my mum for a long time and I really like the sound of the letter! Question though, did the letter the cover any psychosis stuff? How did your mum react to that if it did? That's what is scaring me the most at the moment.

Yeah it did. I got the letter right at the start of my psychotic symptoms so it was only briefly covered as, at the time, things were only just starting to develop. As for how she took it, I was really surprised by how supportive she's tried to be, I didn't think she'd understand at all but she looked up stuff on the internet, plus talked to my psychiatrist and just generally got informed about everything. When I ended up leaving uni and having to move back in with her she was very understanding and even now she has an idea when I'm not doing so good and tries not to pressure me at those times.

I'd say it's probably worth informing your mum and she might really surprise you in a good way. Mums generally want what's best for their kid. Maybe ask your CPN for leaflets if your mum isn't so good with the internet. The more she knows about what you're going through the more help she can be.

However, she might take it like my dad which is pretty much every time I see him: "so.....er.......you still seeing a doctor?" me: "yes" him: "ok" *silence* Not hostile and not bad as such, but nothing like as supportive as my mum has been.
Reply 279
Weird stuff has been happening recently.

My dad brought a brand new TV for upstairs, and I just can't stop myself from watching, whether it's some program or playing games on my Wii :tongue:

Exams are approaching and I have a lot of revision to do. Just need to find the motivation. That thing I wrote yesterday was good, and I think I need to get it out. Thanks to everyone who liked it :h:

Meanwhile, my thoughts are getting more and more horrific :cry2:

Hope everyone else is well :grouphugs:

Latest