The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexlduffy
No, you did help me, thank you :smile: Went to bed early, watched some American Dad, and woke up relatively happier!

Sadly, my mood went pretty much downhill. I was meant to be going out with two friends today, but both cancelled on me, using the same excuses they always do. It annoys me because I know that at least one of them is lying, and it annoys me that the one who I know is lying didn't tell me until I texted her to say I was leaving. I would have turned up at the park by myself and I would have been stood there for ages waiting for her.

I've lost all motivation to try and contact my friends again now X_X It took me AGES to work up the courage to ask them, and I know I shouldn't feel like this, but I feel like absolute crap, and my mind's telling me that my friends don't give a crap about me. I don't want to be around people anymore because I just keep on getting let down again and again. I'm sick of being this person where everyone thinks I have no problems and that they can walk all over me. I just feel so worthless.

Then, after that, my brother's girlfriend left (she stayed the night), and when he came back home from dropping her off, he started treating me like crap. He was hurling insults at me, shouting at me for laughing at the TV, and just being generally nasty to me.

I feel so horrible today. I just want to scream and shout and break stuff, but I can't. I feel like nobody gives a damn about me, that I'm just completely worthless. I've got people shouting at me to do this and do that and I just can't goddamn cope anymore. I just despise everything about myself. I hate the way I look, the way I act, who I know...just EVERYTHING about me. I wish I was someone else.

:hugs: That's such a shame people are treating you this way, cos you seem like a pretty cool person, and if you lived anywhere near me I'd probably want to be friends with you :smile:. I don't really know what to advise though, cos I've also been having similar friend troubles myself. In do hope things improve for you in time though :smile:
Original post by luno
You are not worthless :console:

Is there anyone you can talk to? Someone at college/ university. It is not easy to stop hating the way we are and most of us feel that way but rememeber that you are not worthless. No one is.

If there is no one you can talk to, maybe you could phone Samaritans?

I am sorry that your brother treated you like that :hugs:.

I hope you feel a bit better soon.

Sadly, the only person I can talk to is my therapist. I have one friend who I occasionally talk to, but she's snowed under with uni work. I'm not currently at college or uni (I start uni in September, but recently I've had thoughts of seeing if I can change to go to a different uni so that I don't have to stay anywhere here anymore. The thoughts will probably pass soon).

Sadly, I can't call the Samaritans at the moment either :frown: My parents and brother are home and they'd blow up if they heard me speaking to them.

Thank you for helping though :smile:

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
:hugs: That's such a shame people are treating you this way, cos you seem like a pretty cool person, and if you lived anywhere near me I'd probably want to be friends with you :smile:. I don't really know what to advise though, cos I've also been having similar friend troubles myself. In do hope things improve for you in time though :smile:

Thanks :smile: I hope your problems get sorted out soon too.
Reply 322
Original post by alexlduffy
No, you did help me, thank you :smile: Went to bed early, watched some American Dad, and woke up relatively happier!

Sadly, my mood went pretty much downhill. I was meant to be going out with two friends today, but both cancelled on me, using the same excuses they always do. It annoys me because I know that at least one of them is lying, and it annoys me that the one who I know is lying didn't tell me until I texted her to say I was leaving. I would have turned up at the park by myself and I would have been stood there for ages waiting for her.

I've lost all motivation to try and contact my friends again now X_X It took me AGES to work up the courage to ask them, and I know I shouldn't feel like this, but I feel like absolute crap, and my mind's telling me that my friends don't give a crap about me. I don't want to be around people anymore because I just keep on getting let down again and again. I'm sick of being this person where everyone thinks I have no problems and that they can walk all over me. I just feel so worthless.

Then, after that, my brother's girlfriend left (she stayed the night), and when he came back home from dropping her off, he started treating me like crap. He was hurling insults at me, shouting at me for laughing at the TV, and just being generally nasty to me.

I feel so horrible today. I just want to scream and shout and break stuff, but I can't. I feel like nobody gives a damn about me, that I'm just completely worthless. I've got people shouting at me to do this and do that and I just can't goddamn cope anymore. I just despise everything about myself. I hate the way I look, the way I act, who I know...just EVERYTHING about me. I wish I was someone else.

Nah I completely know how you feel, I have started to give up with a lot of people because they just don't seem to give a crap! They also seem completely oblivious to what they are doing, the fact that actually just letting you know last minute they won't be turning up is quite hurtful, but I had a fair few friends that used to do exactly the same. Got to the point where I have kind of given up trying with everyone now which isn't really the answer!

You aren't worthless though hun, and I know how difficult it can be to constantly have everyone telling you you should be doing this and doing that and just reaching the point where its hard to cope! Feel exactly the same, not sure how to as I can't do it myself but we need to find some way to not let other people being ****s drag us down! You shouldn't hate everything about you though, you seem pretty cool from on here, other people are just stupid! hope you mood lifts soon though!
Reply 323
Original post by superwolf
Mega well done. :jumphug:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Just got off the phone from talking to my mum. I told her almost everything and it was heartbreaking to hear her cry but I don't have to lie anymore.

That's amazing, truly well done :jumphug:
Reply 325
Original post by ViceVersa
That's amazing, truly well done :jumphug:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Phoenix07
Nah I completely know how you feel, I have started to give up with a lot of people because they just don't seem to give a crap! They also seem completely oblivious to what they are doing, the fact that actually just letting you know last minute they won't be turning up is quite hurtful, but I had a fair few friends that used to do exactly the same. Got to the point where I have kind of given up trying with everyone now which isn't really the answer!

You aren't worthless though hun, and I know how difficult it can be to constantly have everyone telling you you should be doing this and doing that and just reaching the point where its hard to cope! Feel exactly the same, not sure how to as I can't do it myself but we need to find some way to not let other people being ****s drag us down! You shouldn't hate everything about you though, you seem pretty cool from on here, other people are just stupid! hope you mood lifts soon though!

Thanks for the message :smile: I've already given up on these three girls, mainly because they walk all over me and other people and they're generally horrible. It feels horrible when they let me know at the last minute, especially since I've been looking forwards to it for ages and now I feel like I can't ask people if they wanna go somewhere anymore because I fear rejection yet again. Although I know I shouldn't...

Thanks, I'm hoping I feel better soon :smile: It's affecting my appetite, I'm literally forcing myself to eat right now because I'm losing my appetite, which is sad because in recent weeks my appetite has properly come back and I've actually gained weight, which is a good thing. I wish I could learn to be happy with myself though, it's something I've never felt and it's just getting worse and worse.
Anyone think doing some long term travelling can be a decent treatment for depression?

I hear some people (depressed or not) have their lives changed for the better by it, but then I'd also worry it'd look a bit like running away from my problems temporarily.
Reply 328
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Anyone think doing some long term travelling can be a decent treatment for depression?

I hear some people (depressed or not) have their lives changed for the better by it, but then I'd also worry it'd look a bit like running away from my problems temporarily.

It might help some people.
I find a change of scene always helps me provided I'm surrounded by the right people, so I don't think travelling on my own to strange places where I don't speak the languages would do much for my anxiety. :tongue:

Sometimes it might be a kickstart to seeing the world in a different way or changing thought patterns in a similar way to counselling or therapy.
Mother comes back tomorrow :moon:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Hi, I've never posted on here before but I've been depressed for a long time now. No one knows about my depression as I have been very good at hiding it around other people.

Today has been one of my lowest points in a long time; I have been at home alone all day and every second has been filled with negative thoughts and anxiety attacks. I've never felt so trapped in all my life, but I just found this site that actually put a slight smile on my face when I had almost given up. Granted, I'm not happy per se but these quotes somehow got me out of that dark place for a couple of moments.

Give it a read. :smile:

:hugs: At least you had a nice bit of time without her.

Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I've never posted on here before but I've been depressed for a long time now. No one knows about my depression as I have been very good at hiding it around other people.

Today has been one of my lowest points in a long time; I have been at home alone all day and every second has been filled with negative thoughts and anxiety attacks. I've never felt so trapped in all my life, but I just found this site that actually put a slight smile on my face when I had almost given up. Granted, I'm not happy per se but these quotes somehow got me out of that dark place for a couple of moments.

Give it a read. :smile:

What quotes?
Original post by Alofleicester

What quotes?

Sorry I forgot the link but I've posted it now!

ahhh man :hugs:
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Original post by Alofleicester

Original post by Anonymous
ahhh man :hugs:

:sigh: :grouphugs: Thank you guys, I did have an awesome time without her (which may or may not have included flashing the Chinese Delivery guy last night :ninja:) :biggrin:
:sigh: :grouphugs: Thank you guys, I did have an awesome time without her (which may or may not have included flashing the Chinese Delivery guy last night :ninja:) :biggrin:

Good to hear.

lucky Chinese delivery guy.

looooool now who's the crazy, wierd child :tongue:

I think I could master the art of delivering Chinese food - the job hunt begins tomorrow!

Latest