The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noodlzzz
How you doing hun? :smile:

Not so good :no: Am seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow though :yes: Plus my younger sister is coming back from Sri Lanka tonight, so I'll have something to take my mind off uni :woo:
Reply 3541
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Not so good :no: Am seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow though :yes: Plus my younger sister is coming back from Sri Lanka tonight, so I'll have something to take my mind off uni :woo:

Best of luck with with tomorrow :hugs:
Best of luck with with tomorrow :hugs:

Thanks. Should be alright. My psych is actually quite nice. His only fault really is being male and I guess he can't help that :teehee:

How are you? Taking some time out from uni, I gather? What are you up to these days? Hope you're OK :hugs:
Reply 3543
Thanks. Should be alright. My psych is actually quite nice. His only fault really is being male and I guess he can't help that :teehee:

How are you? Taking some time out from uni, I gather? What are you up to these days? Hope you're OK :hugs:

Ah good to hear. It can be awful if you get stuck with someone who isn't nice, but I guess you know that :frown: :hugs:

Yeah I'm ok. I don't really do much with my days. Trying to look for work and in the spare time I do stuff with EIS. Fun times.. :P
Ah good to hear. It can be awful if you get stuck with someone who isn't nice, but I guess you know that :frown: :hugs:

Yeah I'm ok. I don't really do much with my days. Trying to look for work and in the spare time I do stuff with EIS. Fun times.. :P

It's good that your EIS does stuff at least. There's a Mind meeting room in the hospital I'm an outpatient of and there's a separate Hearing Voices group but I don't think the EIS itself runs the kind of activities you've been doing, like sports or anything like that :nah:

I empathise with the looking for work part. I've been applying for loads of internships recently. Weirdly enough I can do that but when it comes to my dissertation, I just shut down and run away :frown:
Really up and down today, dunno why. Two hours ago I was really low and could barely move because I was so slow at everything and now I'm running around like a kiddie who's eaten too many e numbers. :/

Hence why I'm so ****ING EXCITED that my lemon and poppy seed muffins seem to be baking up really, really nicely.
Reply 3546
I think something really needs to be done about my strong urges :cry:. Don't feel comfortable telling anyone about it. Don't want to be sectioned :sad: :cry:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S
Reply 3547

That's nice :smile: :hugs:

Original post by kiss_me_now9
Really up and down today, dunno why. Two hours ago I was really low and could barely move because I was so slow at everything and now I'm running around like a kiddie who's eaten too many e numbers. :/

Hence why I'm so ****ING EXCITED that my lemon and poppy seed muffins seem to be baking up really, really nicely.

:woo: :woo: :biggrin: It's nice that you're feeling better :hugs:

It's good that your EIS does stuff at least. There's a Mind meeting room in the hospital I'm an outpatient of and there's a separate Hearing Voices group but I don't think the EIS itself runs the kind of activities you've been doing, like sports or anything like that :nah:

I empathise with the looking for work part. I've been applying for loads of internships recently. Weirdly enough I can do that but when it comes to my dissertation, I just shut down and run away :frown:

Do you attend the hearing voices group?? I've always been tempted to go but I dont really hear voices as such :s-smilie: but drs. and such always assume I do by the way I describe my experiences so I thought I might benefit from it - But I would feel really weird. (even though I do hear voices occasionally dont get me wrong).
if my life was a book, im pretty sure im living the final chapter atm.
Reply 3550
Original post by SciFiBoy

:console: That's not true :smile:

Reply 3551

I think you have the book the wrong way around, as you've only just started the first chapter :smile:

Whats up? Something i can help with? :hugs:
Does anyone know of any counselling services (preferably free) in the London or West Kent areas where I don't have to wait super long for an appointment?

The waiting list in Bromley is ridiculously long - I've been waiting 2 months already and it could be another 4 months till I get to see someone :sigh:
I feel similar. I do feel as though an ending is iminent. Just not sure what's going on really. Alot of plodding along.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Does anyone know of any counselling services (preferably free) in the London or West Kent areas where I don't have to wait super long for an appointment?

The waiting list in Bromley is ridiculously long - I've been waiting 2 months already and it could be another 4 months till I get to see someone :sigh:

I also live in Bromley however my counselling is via Southampton counsel and they were more helpful. Are you with a CMHT or is it a seperate counselling system?
Reply 3555

:console:
Original post by katebrighteyes
I also live in Bromley however my counselling is via Southampton counsel and they were more helpful. Are you with a CMHT or is it a seperate counselling system?

I don't have a CMHT. My GP referred me to this counselling service called Bromley Y, and I'm just currently still waiting on them.

How come you're using a service in Southampton? Do you go uni there?
Reply 3557
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom

I remember that when I got referred back in November, I only had to wait a week or two due to a cancellation :biggrin:. This was Ealing :tongue:.
I can't believe it's nearly 9pm, I feel like it's about 4pm. :erm:
Reply 3559
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I can't believe it's nearly 9pm, I feel like it's about 4pm. :erm:

Same.

Managed to eat half my tea before feeling sick. And it was a small portion anyway. I've probably eaten about 700 calories in total today and I'm not hungry. And that's the most I've eaten for a few days now.

And my flatmate owes me c.£65 and is refusing to pay it.

And I'm hopelessly tired but I slept until about 2pm so I won't be able to sleep tonight.

And from Thursday onwards I have a horrifically busy week.

And I haven't seen anyone apart from my supervisor at work and the two people I'm training with since Thursday evening.

I know the meds will take a while to kick in and I never expected them to be a quick fix solution anyway, but urgh. Feel so **** right now.

Latest