The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5520
Original post by bullettheory
Thank you to everyone that replied. I'm now back in a hospital in Somerset (the same one as before).

Basically what happened, I was at home on Sunday night doing ok, then I started getting more messages from the shadows, and with that came bad urges. Then unfortunately, rather impulsively, I went downstairs and grabbed the car keys and sped off, with my dad running after the car... They immediately phoned the police, and told them I had taken the car and I was unsafe and I had been drinking (I hadn't).

I started driving towards Bristol, I had like 10 missed calls, thought it was my parents, but eventually I did answer and it was the police... They said they needed to check I was ok and to get me some help. I said no, and they said we know where you are heading (my beloved bridge), and we are sending police there now, and we know the route you take, so we will find you, but pull over and we can talk without that fuss. Now while a high speed chase would be rather fun, I decided I didn't want a criminal record, so I pulled over and the police found me.

I didn't even say anything, but was put on a section 136 pretty quickly. After some bitching with the police about the crisis team (they still don't reply to their answer phone messages even if the police call), we went to the 136 suite at the Psych hospital. I had a MHA assessment in the morning and it turns out I'm not a good liar at all. I said I didn't want to agree to anything, and that if they came back and told me all the options then I would think, so they went off, and about 20 minutes later the social worker came back and said "All 3 of us think you really need to be in a hospital at the moment, so we are going to section you". They told my dad the reason why they did this was because I am a "very severe suicide risk and having a worrying psychotic episode" and that they couldn't risk me being voluntary and being allowed out or being able to discharge myself.

Not sure how to take this, I really strongly disagree I need to be in hospital at all as I am not ill, but at the end of the day it's not like I even have a choice right now. I will keep you all up to date. Hope everyone is ok :hugs:

Thank you mate.

Thank you, I will do my best!

Thank you, I feel like a failure mainly because I promised my girlfriend I would help her out with some things and that we would meet up soon, but then this happened, and now I can't meet her or help her out much. I know I didn't cause this, it was the shadows but I could of handled it better I guess. Thank you, I hope this will mean I can become happier :smile:

Read above! Thanks.

Yeah I was doing ok, going to keep doing that as best as I can, so hopefully they can take me off the section.

Thank you. I hope so too, I would like to manage more than 4 days out of hospital next time :tongue:

Thank you, hopefully I will be able to find a way to live despite how I feel :hugs:

Thanks.

:hugs:

That's odd, I was thinking I hadn't heard from you in a while the other day too :tongue: Thank you. Will do my best to keep in touch with all you guys. :hugs: Hope you are doing ok.

Thank you. The people who serve the dinner were so nice last night and heard I hadn't eaten anything (apart from a packet of crisps and a ****e sandwich) in the entire 20 hours I was in the 136 suite so they made me a vegetarian meal especially for me and gave it to me even though I had missed dinner which was lovely of them.

Wow that sounds like a horrible experience :frown: But I'm really glad to hear you're somewhere safe, it does sound like you need it for now. Best of luck with hospital, at least you know the place so not too much stress on that end. Please keep us all updated and heres hoping for the best :smile:
Original post by tweedletallie
18 today! I'm doing my best to act uber cheerful for my parents, but I'm struggling. It doesn't help that my mum bought a film for me which I really hate (Hide and Seek) because it gives me horrendous nightmares, and she bought it because she thought it was one of my favourites. I can't say anything of course, and she meant well. Oh well :frown:

Time to focus on being happy! I got a gorgeous teddy bear so I'm going to cuddle him (because I am super mature and grown up) and read a book until my mood has hopefully lifted. Birthday cake makes everything better, right? :cookie:

Happy birthday! :woo: What kind of cake you got? :teeth:
Original post by superwolf
I am awesome. :cool:

I got your parcel, thank you, it's pretty damn ****ing cool. :biggrin: I like the socks particularly, now I can feel hungry every morning.

As a thank you, and perhaps to brighten other MHSS members' days, I took some pictures of kitty playing with the mouse.

Pictures of cute kitty:

Spoiler

I think she likes it. :h: She carried it under the bed after these photos and is chewing it/sleeping with it now.
18 today! I'm doing my best to act uber cheerful for my parents, but I'm struggling. It doesn't help that my mum bought a film for me which I really hate (Hide and Seek) because it gives me horrendous nightmares, and she bought it because she thought it was one of my favourites. I can't say anything of course, and she meant well. Oh well :frown:Time to focus on being happy! I got a gorgeous teddy bear so I'm going to cuddle him (because I am super mature and grown up) and read a book until my mood has hopefully lifted. Birthday cake makes everything better, right? :cookie:

:birthday:
Hope you have a good day :smile:

x
Sounds like a horrible experience, sorry you had to go through that :frown: Really hope things will improve for you soon :hugs:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5524
Original post by Sabertooth
I got your parcel, thank you, it's pretty damn ****ing cool. :biggrin: I like the socks particularly, now I can feel hungry every morning.

As a thank you, and perhaps to brighten other MHSS members' days, I took some pictures of kitty playing with the mouse.

Pictures of cute kitty:

Spoiler

I think she likes it. :h: She carried it under the bed after these photos and is chewing it/sleeping with it now.

She is so adorable!

Pictures of cute kitty:

Spoiler

Aww, kitty. :h: Glad she likes her new friend. Careful with the sweeties, they might rot your teeth. :fyi:
um, so I kinda spent the night in hospital and the morning talking to hospital's mental health person, so that was, er, not so much fun, but yeah, kinda helps in someways to get advice and know how to get more help, though kinda **** it took my ending up in A&E for things to start happening :s-smilie:

idk, still feel a bit on edge atm, but home now and safe which is the main thing.
Reply 5527

Pictures of cute kitty:

Spoiler

OH GAWD I want that kitty. :nooo:
Reply 5528
Original post by SciFiRory
um, so I kinda spent the night in hospital and the morning talking to hospital's mental health person, so that was, er, not so much fun, but yeah, kinda helps in someways to get advice and know how to get more help, though kinda **** it took my ending up in A&E for things to start happening :s-smilie:

idk, still feel a bit on edge atm, but home now and safe which is the main thing.

Oh I'm so sorry :frown: What happened?
Reply 5529

Problem?
Original post by Nut.
OH GAWD I want that kitty. :nooo:

Original post by Noodlzzz
She is so adorable!

Ya, I know, she's cute :h:

She does like to bite though. You can stroke her for ages and she'll lie there purring then will suddenly decide that she wants to bite you instead. :dry: Gotta be quick to get your hand out.

Aww, kitty. :h: Glad she likes her new friend. Careful with the sweeties, they might rot your teeth. :fyi:

Pah! My teeth are INDESTRUCTIBLE! :cool:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Oh I'm so sorry :frown: What happened?

nothing much in the end, I did something stupid, I ended up in hospital but they said my blood tests and stuff came back okay, still had to have some icky charcoal stuff and tests though, and crisis team want me to call them if I get that bad again and they want me to go see Off the Record as soon as I can.
Don't recall any SSRIs ever making me feel MOAR SUICIDAL.

Maybe I'm just in faggy mode. Or maybe I just don't remember anything of several years. Praise alcohol.
18 today! I'm doing my best to act uber cheerful for my parents, but I'm struggling. It doesn't help that my mum bought a film for me which I really hate (Hide and Seek) because it gives me horrendous nightmares, and she bought it because she thought it was one of my favourites. I can't say anything of course, and she meant well. Oh well :frown:

Time to focus on being happy! I got a gorgeous teddy bear so I'm going to cuddle him (because I am super mature and grown up) and read a book until my mood has hopefully lifted. Birthday cake makes everything better, right? :cookie:

Happy birthday!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
nothing much in the end, I did something stupid, I ended up in hospital but they said my blood tests and stuff came back okay, still had to have some icky charcoal stuff and tests though, and crisis team want me to call them if I get that bad again and they want me to go see Off the Record as soon as I can.

Sorry you spent the night in A&E, and that you are feeling so **** at the moment. Here if you want to talk. But I'm glad that they are going to speed things up for you. :hugs:

:sad: :jumphug: :console:

Glad you're safe now, at least :smile:
Original post by concubine
Don't recall any SSRIs ever making me feel MOAR SUICIDAL.

Maybe I'm just in faggy mode. Or maybe I just don't remember anything of several years. Praise alcohol.

SSRIs can make people more suicidal in the first few weeks...

Original post by Sultana
Are we talking animal rabbit here right?! :colone:

My thoughts exactly. :hubba:
I feel that the society could do with seeing a picture of CherryCherryBoomBoom's rabbit. Possibly even of her playing with her rabbit. :sexface:

:lol: Yes, I meant animal rabbit! :p: Haha, you're not even the first ones to make that mistake. Damn, it's funny that if it was any other pet, we wouldn't be getting these punny mistakes :laugh:.

Here are a couple of pictures on my twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Toks91/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FiLL7MMhU

None of me playing with him yet, but will try to do some in due time :yep:

Original post by avhhs
:hugs: Know that feeling well :sad:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S

:hugs:
Sorry you spent the night in A&E, and that you are feeling so **** at the moment. Here if you want to talk. But I'm glad that they are going to speed things up for you. :hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:sad: :jumphug: :console:

Glad you're safe now, at least :smile:

thanks guys, im okay now yeah, just in need of sleep! (can never sleep in hospital beds!) I hope you guys are okay too? :hugs:

Oh no :frown: What was the catalyst to make you go to a&e? I hope the ball starts rolling for you!

Saw my doctor this morning and the hospital has written to them saying I need to have an endoscopy because Ive lost so much weight but i think i managed to persuade my doctor that its just my anxiety (which it is i hope) and so she weighed me and i haven't put on any weight so they are ''monitoring'' my weight and hopefully i don't have to have that. also they are pushing for me to see a psychologist because i explained yesterday i was on some crazy high and thought i could conquer the world and i told them how i went and got 1400 out of my account to buy a car but didn't at the last minute and she said i can't even drive because of my medication so thats out of the question. staying at 15mg of mirtazapine unless my sleep starts getting interrupted in which it'll go up to 30mg.

Latest