The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6160
Every time my mum criticises an attractive woman on tv ("does she [the Carol Vorderman Countdown replacement] have wonky eyes?"), I'm putting £1 towards buying myself a Kindle.

Should have enough by this time tomorrow.
Original post by Sabertooth
Glad to hear it's so easy for you to do. :smile:

I hadn't considered there would be fees for late submission....do you mean like £££ fees? :s-smilie:

Good luck with getting it done.

Apparently the fee for handing in stuff late is about £150 but my tutor thinks that the fee is waived for mitigating circumstances. If it's not, I'll just wail at my mentor and she'll set the head of the Disability office onto them, I'm sure :yep:

Original post by Nut.
Every time my mum criticises an attractive woman on tv ("does she [the Carol Vorderman Countdown replacement] have wonky eyes?"), I'm putting £1 towards buying myself a Kindle.

Should have enough by this time tomorrow.

:teehee:
Reply 6162
Original post by Deyesy
GP appointment in less than 3 hours. Nervous would be an understatement :tongue: - That's a nervous smile btw...

How did it go?
Reply 6163
I have a boyfriend :biggrin: This is making living in farmerville for a month a bit more bearable!
Original post by Noodlzzz
I have a boyfriend :biggrin: This is making living in farmerville for a month a bit more bearable!

That's amazing I'm so happy for you! :woo: :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin: :woo:
Reply 6165
Original post by Sultana
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

How did it go?

Ums. Well I'm getting referred for counselling :yep: And then I had to fill in some questionnaire to see if I possibly have depression but I was scoring '1's' so I highly doubt that's the case. Though there was a question of wanting to end your life and I don't ever want to do that but an invisibility cloak - like the one off Harry Potter would awesome :h:

I did feel sorry for the guy. He was dumped with; bullying; parental split up - which has lead to me being a fussy eater and my slight OCD in one appointment... :mmm:
Reply 6166
Original post by Deyesy
Ums. Well I'm getting referred for counselling :yep: And then I had to fill in some questionnaire to see if I possibly have depression but I was scoring '1's' so I highly doubt that's the case. Though there was a question of wanting to end your life and I don't ever want to do that but an invisibility cloak - like the one off Harry Potter would awesome :h:

I did feel sorry for the guy. He was dumped with; bullying; parental split up - which has lead to me being a fussy eater and my slight OCD in one appointment... :mmm:

I hope counselling works out for you, do keep us updated!
Reply 6167
I hope counselling works out for you, do keep us updated!

It'll get worse before it gets better. I know I'll feel ****e when I start opening up about everything...

Short-term pain for long-term gain I guess.

:awesome: :banana: :woo:

So pleased for you! :yay:

Original post by Deyesy

No need to feel sorry for the GP. I'm sure they've heard much worse things. Besides, they're there to be dumped upon! That's what they're paid for :yep:

:jumphug:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Apparently the fee for handing in stuff late is about £150 but my tutor thinks that the fee is waived for mitigating circumstances. If it's not, I'll just wail at my mentor and she'll set the head of the Disability office onto them, I'm sure :yep:

Yeah....I really can't see them being allowed to charge people £150 if it's mitigating circumstances. :s-smilie:

I just read 3 articles :smartass: I'll save asking for an extension to closer the time methinks.

Sounds good. :sexface:

I just read 3 articles :smartass: I'll save asking for an extension to closer the time methinks.

GO YOU! :awesome: :woo: :danceboy:

I am unfortunately much less productive today :colondollar:
Reply 6171
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
No need to feel sorry for the GP. I'm sure they've heard much worse things. Besides, they're there to be dumped upon! That's what they're paid for :yep:

:jumphug:

The counsellor is going to absolutely love me with my head :lol:
Original post by Deyesy
The counsellor is going to absolutely love me with my head :lol:

Just be careful they don't go all Freudian on you. Or at least be prepared for it if they do! :yes:
Reply 6173

Congratulations :woo:

Awesome!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by avhhs
Congratulations :woo:

Sorry I forgot to reply to your earlier post :o: I slept for ages last night. Was just being lazy by having a snooze. I have no motivation for doing anything that isn't sleeping or eating atm :no:
Ah yeah, you don't want to be labelled with no insight, that's a definite no. Did you try explaining you only said what this guy said? If you want to make a complaint it's probably not too late, look up PALS I believe those are the people who can help you make a complaint against that moron, which I definitely think you should do if only to stop him doing the same to another poor sod.

I know what you mean about it being hard. I had some CBT in the past and it's always so much easier to do coping methods I know work than try to implement the new strategies. But keep practising and you'll get better at it I'm sure.

I did see my CPN today, thanks. She said a lot about that I should apply for a dissertation extension as I wouldn't expect someone else in my position to manage it so why do I expect myself. But, you know, I always hold myself to much higher standards than anyone else so perhaps that's not the best analogy. :beard:

Unfortunately I've already been labelled with no insight a long time ago... I will look them up, they come to the ward on Monday I believe so I may well do that if they are here then.

Thank you, I will try my hardest, and see what happens!

Perhaps not, I know what you mean, but sometimes we need to be fairer to ourselves. Although did I see somewhere on here that you managed to read a few articles? If so, Well done, that's awesome! I guess just see how things go, as that option is still there for a bit I imagine? (sorry don't know too much about what's going on!)

Original post by bytail
Thanks :smile: Mum phoned up this morning, apparently CMHT are "discussing my case" tomorrow, not sure what that involves :confused:

Honestly, that is really really bad :K: Luckily I've had pretty good experiences with the mental-health teams in my area; I guess it must be a bit of a post-code lottery or something? It's terrible that these are the people working with others when they're at their most vulnerable.

Dunno, same old really. My ear is all blocked up or something so I can't hear properly out of it. Sleeping pattern is ****ed, hardly slept last night due to earache but then slept from 11-4 today. Just crap really! How are you?

Oh ok. I think it means that they will discuss in a team to decide what is the best way forward, and what help they can offer. Hopefully you should hear soon!

Yeah I guess it is a bit of a postcode lottery. In Bristol it's slightly better, although I've had some shockers there too, but I'm moving back up there soon so that is good as the CMHT know me better, and I like more of them!

That sucks dude, can't they give you something to help with your sleep? I'm kinda **** really, need a good cry but I can't! Might do some mindfulness to try and reconnect with the world!

Original post by avhhs

Fell asleep on the bus earlier! :colondollar: :sad: Woke up just as it was departing the stop I wanted to get off at! The next stop was quite a distance away, being a "limited stop" service :tongue:.

Ive done that a few times! Haha. Once I woke up 2 villages away, like 6 miles away from my house :tongue:

Original post by Sultana
I'm insanely exhausted at the moment, which is not great as I have an essay due in 2 weeks and I'm not even managing to read/take in a couple of sentences right now. :dry:

It was crap at the time, it almost got me sectioned. But I like to think the people who said it to me got into trouble for it as the SWs at my sectioning assessment seemed pretty horrified! I think the idea of the crisis team is great, but in reality they just don't have the resources to look after people properly. Which makes things ****ty and ****ed for us. One thing they are good for is uniting mental health patients everywhere!

Glad your group went well! Yeah, I've done a bit of reading on mindfulness it does sound like it might be useful. That's cool you get on well with your therapist. :smile: And your welcome! Glad you're finding them helpful.

Oh dear :frown: :hugs: I hope you start to feel more awake soon. Hopefully they got what they deserved. I try not to insult them too much as I don't want to put people off because they work well for some people and they do help, but like you said, when it isn't done properly, it does more damage than good, especially as they are working with people who are already high risk!

Latest