Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying to tackle my anxiety and go see friends loads to overcome feeling down, using the principle of Susan jeffers' 'Feel the fear and do it Anyway' and it's really working. I know I have great friends and loads of time to have fun. The only problem is, I'm getting invited out a LOT, and it's always late at night. Late nights seem to catch up to me quickly but my mum refuses to believe I'm too tired when I say I want to give it a miss, she keeps assuming it's anxiety/depression and telling me to go out otherwise she starts guilt-tripping me about taking friends for granted, losing everyone I love, feeling sorry for myself etc.
    So lately I have just done as she said and rode right through the pain barrier/fatigue, I've been doing so for around 5 days now. And it's a big problem-my breathing now feels very laboured on top of just being tired and more panicky, it's genuinely difficult running up stairs, and I've been getting some iffy chest pains. I dunno if it's just an anxiety thing, it's probably mild sleep deprivation, or it could be my health starting to be impacted by this/the binging (although I've lost 'weight' from all of this). Is this normal? I'm scared and she won't help me because she doesn't think it'll help :/ what do I do?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still not heard from the ****ing CMHT.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bytail)
    :hugs:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had a good day today .

The weird thing for today: I was negged on a post I made over a month ago!
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: that sucks, if you don't hear from them soon can you call them to follow it up maybe?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    :hugs: that sucks, if you don't hear from them soon can you call them to follow it up maybe?
    Parents have been nagging them since I was referred, they said I'd hear from them at the beginning of this week. It's a ****ing joke and I really feel like doing something dumb because I can't live like this
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    For the first time ever, I actually really want to speak to my care coordinator. But, of course, I now can not get hold of her for love nor money. :sigh:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Parents have been nagging them since I was referred, they said I'd hear from them at the beginning of this week. It's a ****ing joke and I really feel like doing something dumb because I can't live like this
    The CMHT are different from the crisis team, they do normally take a couple of weeks to get back to you. But, the fact they said they'd contact you days ago is appalling. Its so frustrating having to wait on these people. I know this is far easier said than done, but you just have to keep holding on. Please don't do anything silly, you don't have to live like this, you can get better. :hugs:

(Original post by Deyesy)
    Ums. Well I'm getting referred for counselling :yep: And then I had to fill in some questionnaire to see if I possibly have depression but I was scoring '1's' so I highly doubt that's the case. Though there was a question of wanting to end your life and I don't ever want to do that but an invisibility cloak - like the one off Harry Potter would awesome

I did feel sorry for the guy. He was dumped with; bullying; parental split up - which has lead to me being a fussy eater and my slight OCD in one appointment... :mmm:
    Nah, GPs are used to people dumping stuff on them, that's what they're there for! Hope your counselling goes well, any idea how long the waiting list is?

(Original post by bullettheory)
    Oh dear :hugs: I hope you start to feel more awake soon. Hopefully they got what they deserved. I try not to insult them too much as I don't want to put people off because they work well for some people and they do help, but like you said, when it isn't done properly, it does more damage than good, especially as they are working with people who are already high risk!

Its getting to the point where I am seriously considering caffeine, which is a terrible idea for me. But I spoke to my tutor about my essay and she's made me feel a lot better about it; I only need 30-40% to get through and quite frankly if I don't get that I don't deserve to be in uni!

Yeah, I try and bite my tongue mostly, for the same reasons. And they must do some good work, or they wouldn't still be around. Just sometimes you have to vent!

Are you feeling any better today? How did your meeting with your consultant go?
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    ah, that's really annoying yeah :erm: hopefully they do get in touch with you soon though! :hugs: if you need to talk feel free to PM/Skpye btw!

(Original post by Sultana)
    For the first time ever, I actually really want to speak to my care coordinator. But, of course, I now can not get hold of her for love nor money. :sigh:
    :hugs: that sucks, there no-one else you can talk to? thread is here if you need to vent or if you wanna chat feel free to message me
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    OK, that Denver shooting incident has upset me a bit now. Even though I didn't know anyone involved, it's just very depressing constantly hearing all this bad stuff happening the world, and all the horrible people out there. Just another example of how life is terribly unfair and I sometimes wonder "what's the point"? :sigh:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to Spain for a week, so I've got my fingers crossed for the sun potentially lifting my mood and the flight not being too stressful. Hope everyone has a good week!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    OK, that Denver shooting incident has upset me a bit now. Even though I didn't know anyone involved, it's just very depressing constantly hearing all this bad stuff happening the world, and all the horrible people out there. Just another example of how life is terribly unfair and I sometimes wonder "what's the point"? :sigh:
    :jumphug:
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: kinda why I make myself avoid the news sometimes, it is really sad stuff generally, but try not to think too much on it, life can be very unfair but gotta have hope things will work out okay for you in the end!
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    :jumphug:

:hugs: kinda why I make myself avoid the news sometimes, it is really sad stuff generally, but try not to think too much on it, life can be very unfair but gotta have hope things will work out okay for you in the end!
    :hugs: Well, I could hardly even avoid it - I first heard it at work today on the radio, which is always on :erm:. Then I ended up somehow reading about it on the Daily Mail site as well. But oh well, I guess it's no use worrying about things I can't change. Just got to concentrate on what I can :yep:
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Well, I could hardly even avoid it - I first heard it at work today on the radio, which is always on :erm:. Then I ended up somehow reading about it on the Daily Mail site as well. But oh well, I guess it's no use worrying about things I can't change. Just got to concentrate on what I can :yep:
    ah, fair enough, yeah, focus on things we can do stuff about and that make us feel okay in our own lives I think is best, be great if we could stop all the bad stuff happening in the world, but sadly life and the universe have other ideas about being complicated

I hope you are otherwise doing okay? :hugs:
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    ah, fair enough, yeah, focus on things we can do stuff about and that make us feel okay in our own lives I think is best, be great if we could stop all the bad stuff happening in the world, but sadly life and the universe have other ideas about being complicated

I hope you are otherwise doing okay? :hugs:
    Yeah, I'm doing OK'ish. A little better lately now that I have my new job and am finally earn some decent money, although the job itself is awfully boring and stressful, but it'll do for now.

I suppose I get depressed because I have all these high expectations in life, but then constant disappointments happen and it gets me down. But oh well, I must keep reminding myself that things could well be worse, so may as well be thankful for what I have already :yep:
    • 105 followers

:console: I know how you feel Loads of bad stuff happens in my country of birth so I often hear bad news too I usually watch funny things on YouTube/read a good book to take my mind of those things.

And btw, I'm going to start working on the picture
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm doing OK'ish. A little better lately now that I have my new job and am finally earn some decent money, although the job itself is awfully boring and stressful, but it'll do for now.

I suppose I get depressed because I have all these high expectations in life, but then constant disappointments happen and it gets me down. But oh well, I must keep reminding myself that things could well be worse, so may as well be thankful for what I have already :yep:
    cool, money is always good! hopefully get's less stressful in time or can find something to help you relax at work a bit?

mm, that's okay :hugs: I think we all expect things that don't work out how we want them to in life at times, but yeah gotta find things that are good that happen to focus on!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: that sucks, there no-one else you can talk to? thread is here if you need to vent or if you wanna chat feel free to message me
    Thank you! :hugs: It’s just frustrating; she was meant to ring me on Wednesday and every time I try and ring her she’s not available and the receptionist refuses to take a message for me. I don’t really have anyone else, I’d quite like a bit of advice/ impartial opinion from a MH professional about this. Hopefully I’m making a big deal out of nothing but I’m really worrying and I just don’t know what to do.

You alright? What did you get up to camping?
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sultana)
    Thank you! :hugs: It’s just frustrating; she was meant to ring me on Wednesday and every time I try and ring her she’s not available and the receptionist refuses to take a message for me. I don’t really have anyone else, I’d quite like a bit of advice/ impartial opinion from a MH professional about this. Hopefully I’m making a big deal out of nothing but I’m really worrying and I just don’t know what to do.

You alright? What did you get up to camping?
    ah, that really must be annoying yeah, hopefully they will be about soon for you to talk to then! :hugs:

im okay, had a really nice time camping and stuff, we did lot's of drinking cider, played some games, went to visit a few places as well, all in all a nice enjoyable week with great people for company!
Updated: September 9, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.