The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bytail
It's just an awkward situation tbh. My GP is one of the practice partners, so I'm worried if I see someone else they'll say "Dr ___ wants you to wait until he gets back" :s-smilie: My mum thinks he's really good so wouldn't like me to see someone else. I've already seen 3 doctors at my practice so I'm running out of GP's to try anyway. It's just difficult and I don't really know what to do about it. Wasn't keen on the GP I saw this week :frown:

Hmm, I am not sure, but I would imagine that you have the legal right to see (or not see) whichever GP you want within any surgery that you are in the catchment area for - although ofcourse if you insist on seeing one particularly busy GP you may have to wait longer and so they may advice you see someone else. If anyone did say that to you, say that you would prefer not to see that Dr about your issue any more.

While you may be running out of GPs, then keep in mind that you only need one GP who seems decent and that you like. While I can understand wanting to do what your mum likes; then this is your treatment for you, so you should do what is best for you. As much hassle as it may be, when you find a decent GP it will hopefully be worth it.

Original post by Nut.
[warning: rant]
FFS.

20 years of experience has taught me that arguing with my mum is an entirely pointless exercise and only leads to 1000% times more frustration in the end but when she scoffs at me when I walk into the room with some berries in a "my God, are you eating again?!" way, despite the fact that all she's seen me eat today (and all I have eaten today) is a chicken breast, I come so close to just screaming at her to stop being such an utter ****.

I've been spending as much time as possible round my friends house to get away but when I leave I get this hollow feeling because her parents are both so nice and they do so many things as a family.

Everything I do in this house is met by disapproval from her. I need to "go outside and get some fresh air more" despite the fact that I walk to town and back with her for two hours every ****ing day because she either doesn't talk to me or has a go if I don't go with her and help.

I ask everyone in the house if they'd like a cup of tea when I'm making one but she only ever makes one for herself. It sounds pathetic but I thought rather than list everything she does hideously as a parent/ person I'd just put the thing that typifies her - narcissistic and selfish.

She's raised two children who have major food issues and she tells me at least once a week how it used to hurt her that her mother favoured her male siblings over her then is snappy with me all day until my brother comes in when suddenly she wants to hear all about his day and everything he says is funny and engaging.

None of my school friends used to believe me when I'd try and talk to them about her because she was always so lovely to them.

She even takes offence when the ****ing budgie doesn't land on her. All that tells me is that he has taste when choosing human company.

I've tried to be compassionate when she tells me (for the 500000th time) all the "terrible" things that have happened to her in her life (most of them pretty typical tbh - I've been bullied at school worse than she was) but it doesn't seem to make any difference. She still tells me the same stories again and again and she doesn't get any closer to moving on from them.
Of course, when I have a problem, I'm "oversensitive" and need to get a grip.

I'm so ****ing tired of it. I'm trying to go med-free and stress is one of the main things along with sleep and diet that I need to get a handle on.
URGHHHHHHH.

:hugs::hugs:
Reply 6301
Original post by Deyesy

Also... :jumphug:

Original post by rmhumphries

:hugs::hugs:

Thanks guys.

I think the e-rant helped a little :lol:
Reply 6302
So, not fasting then :biggrin: :awesome:. Can't make myself suffer any more given the state of mind I've been in over the last few months.

:grouphugs:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S
sigh, I really can't do this ****.

incredibly wound up over nothing, massive argument with family, now sat alone in my room crying, im so pathetic.

I just want to go somewhere quiet and talk to a friend, but I can't :frown:
On more leave from hospital!

I've been feeling a lot more positive over the past week or so but now I'm home my mood has dropped, not sure why.

Hope everybody is OK :hugs:
Reply 6305
Original post by Anonymous
On more leave from hospital!

I've been feeling a lot more positive over the past week or so but now I'm home my mood has dropped, not sure why.

Hope everybody is OK :hugs:

Hope you get better! :yy: :jumphug:
Reply 6306
Can't believe it is almost 4 months since I went to a wedding that I had a pretty good time at :sad:
Reply 6307
Im stressing about money, which is silly as I earn at least 100 a week which should be enough to live on for me yet im panicking :frown:
Original post by 22KT22
Im stressing about money, which is silly as I earn at least 100 a week which should be enough to live on for me yet im panicking :frown:

:hugs: I don't know your living arrangements, but I hope 100 will be enough for you to get by on for as long as you need to :smile:
Reply 6309
Original post by LostHorizons
:hugs: I don't know your living arrangements, but I hope 100 will be enough for you to get by on for as long as you need to :smile:

I live at home... its really stupid to worry ah well.
Reply 6310
Urgh. ****ing pathetic. This ruined my previously good mood :cry: :sad::

Original post by 22KT22
I live at home... its really stupid to worry ah well.

I imagine if you're living at home you can keep your expenses really minimal if you need to? It's not stupid to worry, it's natural, everyone does it :hugs:
Trying to break out of this crappy cycle where I feel depressed about being single, and then am probably staying single because I'm depressed, is so bloody difficult. I really wanna escape these feelings :cry:
Reply 6313
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Trying to break out of this crappy cycle where I feel depressed about being single, and then am probably staying single because I'm depressed, is so bloody difficult. I really wanna escape these feelings :cry:

:jumphug: :lovehug: !
Reply 6314
Original post by LostHorizons
I imagine if you're living at home you can keep your expenses really minimal if you need to? It's not stupid to worry, it's natural, everyone does it :hugs:

Yeah.. transport eats into my money (23pound p/w) ah well. Just need to be careful about how much i spend and if needs must there is my overdraft.
So I'm heartsick, family are doing my nut in, skint, am looking for a job and the only way I'll get out of this house for good is a coffin.

So this is a low. A huge low.

:hugs: I know the feeling, but you are a wonderful person so I am sure you will meet someone!
Reply 6317
Original post by isawsparks89
So I'm heartsick, family are doing my nut in, skint, am looking for a job and the only way I'll get out of this house for good is a coffin.

So this is a low. A huge low.

:hugs: I know that doesn't seem like much help, you're more than welcome to rant in here. If you're looking for work, online surveys are lengthy and take a while but may give you something tro do.
Original post by avhhs
:jumphug: :lovehug: !

Original post by SciFiRory
:hugs: I know the feeling, but you are a wonderful person so I am sure you will meet someone!

Thanks :smile:. I've been having this idea for a while of saving up some money then going to do a bit of travelling across the world for a bit, to help me stop getting obsessed over being single and hope the experience would help me get over my depression and do some general "finding myself". But sometimes I have doubts about whether it's even a good idea or not, and whether I should just keep trying to go to uni, even though I don't really feel like studying at the moment.

Argh, it's annoying having to make all these decisions in life when I'm such a horribly indecisive person, lol.

Thanks :smile:. I've been having this idea for a while of saving up some money then going to do a bit of travelling across the world for a bit, to help me stop getting obsessed over being single and hope the experience would help me get over my depression and do some general "finding myself". But sometimes I have doubts about whether it's even a good idea or not, and whether I should just keep trying to go to uni, even though I don't really feel like studying at the moment.

Argh, it's annoying having to make all these decisions in life when I'm such a horribly indecisive person, lol.

that sounds pretty cool yeah, if you think travelling and stuff will help you find yourself then I think is good to have that idea to pursue and drive you forward a bit in life :smile: you can always go to Uni in a few years time as a mature student and stuff if you still want to go after working and/or travelling for a bit, just gotta do what you think will be best for you :hugs:

that's okay, I can be very indecisive at times myself! just gotta learn to have more confidence and trust in own decisions I expect, that's what I think I need to do anyway so could well be in same boat!

Latest