The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
There's an eastern European society, is that any better than the Russian? And yeah you should definitely try again next year but you're right it doesn't exactly help you now. I guess you haven't got all that long left though so maybe it's just a case of trying to make sure things go better next year.

There's loads of people on here who think you're awesome, you could invite them to visit you/go visit them although that wouldn't help much with your revision it would probably help with the loneliness. I feel fairly isolated too atm, although I played badminton today which was great, so could you take a look at your local Mind charity and see if they have anything that interests you? Most of the stuff is free and they have staggered start times so there might be something starting soon. My one does dressmaking which I reckon you'd be good at.

I dunno, might look into it. And I've still got the summer with nothing to do, and no firm plans about where I'm staying even.

Yeah, been talking about doing that, but even then I still really miss having someone in Manchester to hang out with. And there've been times I've been feeling dangerously bad, and there's only so much other people can help at a distance.

Looked at Mind, they've got some kind of a cafe for mentally ill young people (think it was actually one of the places I was considering volunteering at). Might try going some time, when I actually feel capable of leaving the house. :tongue:

Tried looking at the link someone put up to finding local services - looked up my area and ended up finding the psych ward I was on. :sigh:
I have a doctor's appointment next week and I think he's going to prescribe me some medication. I've got lots of important exams the week after next so would it be a good idea to start taking them straight away?
Original post by superwolf
I dunno, might look into it. And I've still got the summer with nothing to do, and no firm plans about where I'm staying even.

Yeah, been talking about doing that, but even then I still really miss having someone in Manchester to hang out with. And there've been times I've been feeling dangerously bad, and there's only so much other people can help at a distance.

Looked at Mind, they've got some kind of a cafe for mentally ill young people (think it was actually one of the places I was considering volunteering at). Might try going some time, when I actually feel capable of leaving the house. :tongue:

Tried looking at the link someone put up to finding local services - looked up my area and ended up finding the psych ward I was on. :sigh:

:fyi:

Not nothing to do over the summer:

I miss having people to hang out with too :console: I dunno really what to suggest about the distance thing though, skype can be good but obviously it's only so helpful.

Good idea with the cafe, and I think volunteering might be really good for you. You make friends, you have stuff to fill your time, people like you for doing it, lots of good things.

Do you want to come over for some company? i'll leave you alone when you need to study. I would offer to come visit you but I still can't go near trains :colondollar:
Reply 743
Original post by Anonymous
I have a doctor's appointment next week and I think he's going to prescribe me some medication. I've got lots of important exams the week after next so would it be a good idea to start taking them straight away?

The doctor can best advise you on that, I'm sure it depends on the type of medication you may be given too.
Good luck with everything.

In all honesty, I really wouldn't recommend it, but see what the doctor says.

A lot of antidepressants cause stuff like headaches, insomnia, too much sleep, nausea, ear aches, shoulder aches, temperature disregulation....
Reply 745
Had a weird day once again.

In my first lesson, my teacher decided to embarrass me in front of the class :mad: :cry2: . I was putting my notepad into my bag and then taking out my textbook, but he thought I was packing up :mad: . I got angry with him, and he quickly stopped, and later apologised :tongue: . This particular teacher could be another reason why I leave this school. Another thing he said was something along the lines of "those people who flop the exam will have a crap life and won't find a job, unless they are good looking" :cry2: .

However, there are some things that I will miss a lot. There is this girl, who is really kind and polite, has considerable knowledge on a vast range of topics and is never shy to voice her opinion (well that's how I can best explain it, you have to meet her to really see what i'm talking about :smile: :biggrin:). She never fails to cheer me up :cry2: . Then there is a teacher whose lessons are never boring (my other psychology teacher :tongue:). She sometimes teases me too :colondollar: :biggrin: .

After that, I went out somewhere. Got drenched, which I didn't care about at the time :tongue: . But, when I came home and opened my bag, I noticed that water had got through it and had messed up my psychology folder, along with a tiny bit of my notepad and textbook :frown: .

Was also feeling ill earlier. Maybe I should stop eating chocolate. It always gets me ill during the hayfever season. The good thing about this weather is that my hayfever has been virtually non-existent :biggrin: .

:biggrin: :biggrin:

How is everyone today? :hugs:
Reply 746
That sounds great :tongue:

Well you've done a lot of work already, don't stress yourself out too much.

I think I'm becoming unhealthily attached to my watch, I can't stop looking at it and straightening it on my wrist :mmm:

Will probably end up a mess but going to give it a shot. :tongue:

Thanks, managed to do a bit more. These questions are so much better than harder module! Phew! Will probably get harder as they go on though.

It does sound cool, enjoy the moment :tongue:
Reply 747
Original post by Sabertooth
Why does no one sit by me on the bus? :cry2:

Do I smell or look weird or crazy or something else?

What is it?

The bus was full today, there wasn't a single spare seat, then it stopped and maybe 5 people got off, so I sat down and no one sat next to me for the rest of the journey, despite a load of people standing in the aisle - a few people looked but they did not sit. WHY? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Know how you feel :console:
Reply 748
Nobody should be this scared of getting an ECG.
Thoughts on this would be helpful.

Question 1 - when should I go to the doctor to talk about the fact I think I'm depressed? I have an exam on Saturday morning, should I go tomorrow? Or wait until next week?

Question 2 - My GP is awful. I went once before about stress and other things and he was useless. Should I go to him again or find somewhere else?
Thoughts on this would be helpful.

Question 1 - when should I go to the doctor to talk about the fact I think I'm depressed? I have an exam on Saturday morning, should I go tomorrow? Or wait until next week?

Question 2 - My GP is awful. I went once before about stress and other things and he was useless. Should I go to him again or find somewhere else?

1. You should go to the doctor as soon as possible, before it gets any worse.

2. You should see a different GP.

Good luck :yy: :hugs:
Reply 751
Original post by Nut.
Nobody should be this scared of getting an ECG.

How come it's scaring you so much?
Original post by Webberino
Will probably end up a mess but going to give it a shot. :tongue:

Thanks, managed to do a bit more. These questions are so much better than harder module! Phew! Will probably get harder as they go on though.

It does sound cool, enjoy the moment :tongue:

That's fantastic, well done you! :hugs:

Ugh, I forget how pathetic fragile I am. I'm just so fed up of my mum sighing all the time, complaining about everything and stuff like that. Earlier she even commented on how she could use some of my medication. I know it's selfish of me but it really doesn't help me whatsoever. It all got a bit much for me so I came upstairs and now I'm crying. I always watch Coronation Street downstairs with my mum, as bad as it is, so she'll know something is up and will no doubt come upstairs soon and it's so obvious when I have been crying so she'll ask me a million and one questions. I admitted to the psychiatrist today that I'm still self-harming so she will probably think I'm doing that too. :sigh:
Reply 753
Original post by laut_biru
How come it's scaring you so much?

The state of dress, or rather, undress, that is required. :sad:
Having a pretty productive evening, getting excited at the thought of leaving this damn house next Friday and never returning (probably won't happen but I can dream) and going to Amsterdam a week Monday :awesome: The fact that I have a stats exam tomorrow is being ignored right now :eek:

Spoiler

Reply 755
That's fantastic, well done you! :hugs:

Ugh, I forget how pathetic fragile I am. I'm just so fed up of my mum sighing all the time, complaining about everything and stuff like that. Earlier she even commented on how she could use some of my medication. I know it's selfish of me but it really doesn't help me whatsoever. It all got a bit much for me so I came upstairs and now I'm crying. I always watch Coronation Street downstairs with my mum, as bad as it is, so she'll know something is up and will no doubt come upstairs soon and it's so obvious when I have been crying so she'll ask me a million and one questions. I admitted to the psychiatrist today that I'm still self-harming so she will probably think I'm doing that too. :sigh:

Thanks! Am now stuck on Q6. :colonhash:
I have the solutions though. :awesome:

That's completely understandable. :console:
That's a pretty bad thing to say, could come across as making light of you situation. Could you try having a word with her or maybe getting the psychiatrist to? You don't need anything else making things worse. :jumphug:
Original post by Webberino
Thanks! Am now stuck on Q6. :colonhash:
I have the solutions though. :awesome:

That's completely understandable. :console:
That's a pretty bad thing to say, could come across as making light of you situation. Could you try having a word with her or maybe getting the psychiatrist to? You don't need anything else making things worse. :jumphug:

Woooo! A very productive day, well done :smile: :hugs:

I know she doesn't do it intentionally so I know she would be really upset if she knew she was doing anything to upset me. I'll just try my best to ignore it.

I have 12 exams starting next Thursday and I have done absolutely no revision whatsoever. I hate myself for it and the guilt will definitely kick in soon but I just don't care. :rolleyes:
Reply 757
Original post by Nut.
The state of dress, or rather, undress, that is required. :sad:

Wear a non underwired bra, that should help.

:hugs:
I hate myself. Wish I felt better about nyself, but I don't
Reply 759
Original post by laut_biru
Wear a non underwired bra, that should help.

:hugs:

Yeah I will do, thanks :hugs:

Latest