The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
I'm getting a new cat this week!

She has no name, and is black and white, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

I really like the name Domino for a black and white cat (sorry I just would love to give your cat her name!)? :redface:
Original post by Alofleicester
Call it Thuban.

On the mention of futurama - new series starts end of June (20th) :woo:

Thuban sounds cool but it also sounds male, sorry. :tongue:

Awesome, I love Futurama. :five:

Original post by ViceVersa
I really like the name Domino for a black and white cat (sorry I just would love to give your cat her name!)? :redface:

Aw Domino, I like it.
Aw Domino, I like it.

Yes! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :biggrin:
Dont think i can top Domino tbh, cutesy and relevant :P

I hate how i end up thinking about ex gfs so much....i swear it's my main source of depression, along with my lack of motivation and what it's done to me .__.
Original post by Meaty_man
Dont think i can top Domino tbh, cutesy and relevant :P

I hate how i end up thinking about ex gfs so much....i swear it's my main source of depression, along with my lack of motivation and what it's done to me .__.

Awww :blushing:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by headunderwater
So I'm finally getting a weekly therapist. She also said she didn't think I was borderline - but 'clinically depressed with psychotic traits'.

:smile: Hope everybody's good!

Good to hear. :yy:

It would need to be pretty high voltage to override my gel. :cool:

I'm getting a new cat this week!

She has no name, and is black and white, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

What, you mean more powerful than say... drizzle? :K:

Kitty! You should call it Mr Tibbs. I don't care if it's a she, Mr Tibbs is still the best name. :cool:

Interesting but sorry, no-one is getting near my brain with electricity or anything sharp, blunt, heavy or dangerous.
Original post by superwolf
Good to hear. :yy:

What, you mean more powerful than say... drizzle? :K:

Kitty! You should call it Mr Tibbs. I don't care if it's a she, Mr Tibbs is still the best name. :cool:

Lies. Actually, if it's black and white then it should be called Jess.

Postman Pat, Postman Pat :ahee:

Also, you need to stay out of my dreams. Stealing the contents of my alcohol stores :cry2:
Lies. Actually, if it's black and white then it should be called Jess.

Postman Pat, Postman Pat :ahee:

Also, you need to stay out of my dreams. Stealing the contents of my alcohol stores :cry2:

Postman Pat used to confuse the hell out of my childhood. I'd happily watch him day after day and then every once in a while out of nowhere he'd appear talking in ****ing Gaelic. :mad:

I've been in your dreams? :sexface: And if I was looting then all the better. :biggrin:

Speaking of depsoc dreams (which I have to say are becoming creepily regular :unsure:), last night I dreamt I was connected up to headunderwater by a series of plastic tubes. :lolwut: Don't ask me, but when she disconnected them one of them filled up with chocolate.

Interesting read. I think I'd probably run away though if someone tried to get me to have ECT though :smile:.
Postman Pat used to confuse the hell out of my childhood. I'd happily watch him day after day and then every once in a while out of nowhere he'd appear talking in ****ing Gaelic. :mad:

I've been in your dreams? :sexface: And if I was looting then all the better. :biggrin:

Speaking of depsoc dreams (which I have to say are becoming creepily regular :unsure:), last night I dreamt I was connected up to headunderwater by a series of plastic tubes. :lolwut: Don't ask me, but when she disconnected them one of them filled up with chocolate.

Indeed you have.

I was down the pub talking to what I assume was you (looked like a bond villain, wearing one of those drinking hats with bottles of cider attached to it), I started talking about a fridge filled with bottles of alcohol and when I got back home the fridge had been emptied.
Indeed you have.

I was down the pub talking to what I assume was you (looked like a bond villain, wearing one of those drinking hats with bottles of cider attached to it), I started talking about a fridge filled with bottles of alcohol and when I got back home the fridge had been emptied.

Yep, that's me down to a T (especially with all the dastardliness and the suavity and the shark tanks and the scantily clad ladies :sexface:). And the cider goes without saying. As for the sneakthievery well that's just to be expected when you consider my criminal nature.

We shall have to meet up soon in real life so I can divest you of that cider once again. :biggrin:
Yep, that's me down to a T (especially with all the dastardliness and the suavity and the shark tanks and the scantily clad ladies :sexface:). And the cider goes without saying. As for the sneakthievery well that's just to be expected when you consider my criminal nature.

We shall have to meet up soon in real life so I can divest you of that cider once again. :biggrin:

Indeed, perhaps dep-soc camping?

I've also just received an awesome e-mail from one of my lecturers:

I am looking for 6 (or more) volunteers to help a fourth year student who is conducting her Master's research on developing green chemistry in the curriculum.

we require some guinea pigs to try out a new set of lab experiments on. We can offer you cake in return!

being paid in cake! :nutcase:
I went to the GP! Sat in the waiting room for about forty minutes feeling more and more panicked, almost left without seeing her. I'm glad I didn't though, the actual appointment was better than expected. The waiting list for official NHS counselling is pretty long but they have a student counsellor who's going to see me in a couple of weeks time. It would have been sooner but I'm going home next week for a few days.

So things are moving, which I guess is good.

:rofl: Lovely.
Indeed, perhaps dep-soc camping?

I've also just received an awesome e-mail from one of my lecturers:

being paid in cake! :nutcase:

Camping! :dance: Me and Rob were thinking of setting up a thread for that soon.

:coma: The world would be a better (and fatter) place if we were all paid in cake.

:coma: The world would be a better (and fatter) place if we were all paid in cake.

Indeed - the science for cake and being called guinea pigs worries me though. Something sinister's afoot.
Reply 1057

:excited: YES set up a thread. 'Dis gon' be guuuuud.

My mood is still all good, no anxiety either which is refreshing. Hoping it won't be pissing it down at half 9 tomorrow when I have to walk to therapy, but if it is, it is.
I shall have to do a rain dance in my underwear at midnight. :ninja:
Reply 1058

Borderline? Sorry, I couldn't resist :P

----------------

Camping sounds fun, but my vote is still in a theme park!
Indeed - the science for cake and being called guinea pigs worries me though. Something sinister's afoot.

Don't worry, guinea pigs don't eat cake - they eat lettuce and yoghurt drops and stuff. Therefore I think we can assume that either the cake or the guinea pigs are metaphorical. The fun will reside in finding out which. :lol:

Original post by Nut.
:excited: YES set up a thread. 'Dis gon' be guuuuud.

My mood is still all good, no anxiety either which is refreshing. Hoping it won't be pissing it down at half 9 tomorrow when I have to walk to therapy, but if it is, it is.
I shall have to do a rain dance in my underwear at midnight. :ninja:

It shall be done (once I get back from buying cider :tongue:)! :wizard:

Rain dances are good tribal fun (especially if you have a rain stick made out of a cactus), but for best results you really shouldn't be contaminating the spell with underwear. :nah:

Original post by Noodlzzz
Borderline? Sorry, I couldn't resist :P

----------------

Camping sounds fun, but my vote is still in a theme park!

Yes yes yes yes yes! :rofl:

We can do both - once we've got the camping thread set up and have a rough date maybe you could do some canvassing about theme parks, so you know if there's interest and so the dates aren't too close together. I nominate you to do the main organising for this one, since a) you seem highly motivated and b) that means it won't have to be me. :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest