The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Original post by Idle
I am not sure if my mum is just dumb, deluded or ill. My vote is a mix of the three.

Ditto :jumphug:
GP appointment:
- seeing psychiatrist next Wednesday (a different one again though annoyingly, will possibly be getting weekly slots)
- still no referral to CMHT for a keyworker (apparently this process would somehow magically be going smoother if I had a mobile phone :rolleyes: [my GP contradicted himself several times when I called him out on this one])
- been prescribed zolpidem for sleeping problems and complan for lack of eating

Original post by Sharpshooter
I'm on citalopram since yesturday. I can still cry, but one thing I have noticed is that I have been yawning like crazy. I mean I had 8 hours sleep last night. I'm yawning as type this post, I yawned about 5 times in the shower yesturday.

I don't want to be one that bitches about side affects, I'm not sure if its related even but its something I've noticed in the past 24 hours definitely.

It's unusual for side-effects to appear on the same day as you start an antidepressant, but not unheard of (has happened to me). Like others said though these side-effects do tend to disappear after not too long - could be only a few days, possibly a couple of weeks, although longer if you're unlucky. Don't worry about bitching on here - we all have to have a bit of a moan occasionally and none of us judges each other about it - we know we're all in the same boat.

Original post by Sabertooth
So my psychiatrist didn't forward details of my quetiapine increase to my GP so when I went to pick up the prescription today I couldn't get a refill. Now I have a choice, stop taking the increased quetiapine (well tbh I am fine so that would be ok), possibly get withdrawal....not so good, or I can phone up the psychiatrist muck about on the phone for ages, get them to fax it to the GP walk the 4 mile round journey back to the GP to pick up a prescription then go to boots to pick it up. The first is sounding infinitely more appealing. :holmes:

Likely to get withdrawal after 2 weeks of quetiapine, anyone know?

I GOT FREE NHS CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKES! They're really thick and creamy too. :h: Jealous?

I'm gonna go on the safe side and say get the quetiapine. You know you came pretty close to things getting dangerously bad recently, and since it was the quetiapine that helped you out personally I don't want you to risk it. :hugs: Plus walking is good for you (says the person who's barely left the house in days)!

Original post by d123
Best friend texted me this morning asking if I wanted to go shopping. I said yes, but 'lets go this afternoon because I haven't slept yet'. She texted back asking if I'm alright. I said no and I'll explain later.

Looks like I'm going to tell her. I don't know why this is making me nervous. She's wonderful, she'll understand and it's better she knows.

Really hope it goes/went well - having someone close to you who supports you can make a world of difference. :smile:

Original post by AntisthenesDogger
I really need to call the doctors and arrange an appointment (So I can have my medical report in order to get disability benefit allowance)

But all I can do is lay in bed, and brood over how much a **** up I am.

Everything should die. q.q

Ah bed, if I had talent I'd write a whole poem in praise of you. Have you tried thinking up a reward to give yourself for phoning the doctor? Sometimes having an incentive can help me finally get my arse into gear. :colondollar:
Original post by superwolf
GP appointment:
- seeing psychiatrist next Wednesday (a different one again though annoyingly, will possibly be getting weekly slots)
- still no referral to CMHT for a keyworker (apparently this process would somehow magically be going smoother if I had a mobile phone :rolleyes: [my GP contradicted himself several times when I called him out on this one])

It's unusual for side-effects to appear on the same day as you start an antidepressant, but not unheard of (has happened to me). Like others said though these side-effects do tend to disappear after not too long - could be only a few days, possibly a couple of weeks, although longer if you're unlucky. Don't worry about bitching on here - we all have to have a bit of a moan occasionally and none of us judges each other about it - we know we're all in the same boat.

I GOT FREE NHS CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKES! They're really thick and creamy too. :h: Jealous?

I'm gonna go on the safe side and say get the quetiapine. You know you came pretty close to things getting dangerously bad recently, and since it was the quetiapine that helped you out personally I don't want you to risk it. :hugs: Plus walking is good for you (says the person who's barely left the house in days)!

Really hope it goes/went well - having someone close to you who supports you can make a world of difference. :smile:

Ah bed, if I had talent I'd write a whole poem in praise of you. Have you tried thinking up a reward to give yourself for phoning the doctor? Sometimes having an incentive can help me finally get my arse into gear. :colondollar:

I did it. the culmination of self loathing forced me to do it. And a poem in appraise of my sleeping habits? hah. I'm depressed sleeping is about 80% of all I do right now. :P

How are you now?
Feel quite low today. Randomly started crying at work for no reason and had to leave early. Can't explain how I'm feeling. Nothing bad has happened - in fact things are pretty good for a change, so I don't know what's wrong.
Original post by avhhs
Exactly what I long for too, to have a girlfriend :frown: . No girl is interested in me :frown: . Last night I was thinking about a girl in my class, but I really don't deserve her. Being alone is just so boring :sad: :cry2:

:hugs:

wish I knew something to say :hugs:
Original post by headunderwater
Feel quite low today. Randomly started crying at work for no reason and had to leave early. Can't explain how I'm feeling. Nothing bad has happened - in fact things are pretty good for a change, so I don't know what's wrong.

:console:

If things had been bad for a while and are suddenly getting better, it can actually cause a shock to your body, stupid as it sounds, maybe its something along those lines?
Original post by Meaty_man
If things had been bad for a while and are suddenly getting better, it can actually cause a shock to your body, stupid as it sounds, maybe its something along those lines?

:dontknow: Maybe. I'm putting it down to being super anxious about my college interview on Monday. I just sometimes start thinking I'm not going to amount to anything because of my mental health and start crying. I think that was what I was thinking during work today, which doesn't make sense but... I'm just scared. So scared of the future, or lack thereof.

Original post by tweedletallie
:console:

hope you feel better soon :hugs:

-----------

just woke up :sigh: figure I will say hey to my mum as she has the day off today, then back to doing nothing, riveting life I lead...:frown:

Spoiler

Reply 1349

:jumphug: Hope you feel better soon, did something triggering happen at work?
:dontknow: Maybe. I'm putting it down to being super anxious about my college interview on Monday. I just sometimes start thinking I'm not going to amount to anything because of my mental health and start crying. I think that was what I was thinking during work today, which doesn't make sense but... I'm just scared. So scared of the future, or lack thereof.

:jumphug:
I get that a lot too, just thinking way too much about things that have happened and are going to happen...frigging hate racing thoughts.

Original post by SciFiBoy
hope you feel better soon :hugs:

-----------

just woke up :sigh: figure I will say hey to my mum as she has the day off today, then back to doing nothing, riveting life I lead...:frown:

Spoiler

I feel you...I'm currently stuck staring at my work i need to do....have been for the last few days. I feel like an empty shell, like i just cant do anything. I even turned down going to the cinema today because i feel so dead and REALLY need to do this work...but its just so hard to do anything right now besides sitting here. I can try not to think about stuff but hah, if only it was that easy.

Tell you what though, thank god for you guys on here....i've really needed somewhere to speak my thoughts recently. I don't know what i'd have done otherwise.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Meaty_man

I feel you...I'm currently stuck staring at my work i need to do....have been for the last few days. I feel like an empty shell, like i just cant do anything. I even turned down going to the cinema today because i feel so dead and REALLY need to do this work...but its just so hard to do anything right now besides sitting here. I can try not to think about stuff but hah, if only it was that easy.

Tell you what though, thank god for you guys on here....i've really needed somewhere to speak my thoughts recently. I don't know what i'd have done otherwise.

I can barely get my self out of bed most days :frown: can't even face talking to my mum because it means pretending I don't feel so ****. I just sit here and try to find something to distract me from the overwhelming barrage of negative thoughts and feelings in my head.

yeah, tbh I have no idea what I would do without this place and the people on here, people are so nice here and understanding :redface: thank you all for being wonderful! :hugs:
GP appointment:
- still no referral to CMHT for a keyworker (apparently this process would somehow magically be going smoother if I had a mobile phone [my GP contradicted himself several times when I called him out on this one])

Wooo! Who was right? They can usually fit in emergencies. Good luck at the psychiatrist.

I've never tried zolpidem, tell me how it goes. I dunno if this will work for you, but I got pretty drunk last night and slept amazingly well. I know you said about the puking issue with alcohol so maybe take an antiemetic first and then get drunk. Drunk sleep is amazing.

Given that I don't like chocolate I'm not overly jealous, no, sorry. If they were banana well hell yeah I would want. (Although, tbh, given that I'm on a diet while you eat whole jars of nutella at once I am slightly jealous of that. :colonhash:)

Ergh. I spoke to my girlfriend and she had a right go at me for even considering not getting it. Like seriously mad. :frown: So I called and had to deal with some bitchy, mean receptionist who wouldn't let me speak and acted like a ****. Also I can't get the prescription until tomorrow because they have to get the dr to sign it. That's if that **** of a receptionist actually did what I asked her, which, given NHS incompetence, I doubt. So who knows if I'll get some by the weekend. :iiam:
videos of cats always cheer me up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5tpLjUcrE&feature=related 5:05 is hilerious xD
Original post by Sabertooth
Drunk sleep is amazing.

Totally agree. I only ever get a good night's sleep if I am completely and utterly pissed.
Reply 1355
Quetiapine is really starting to **** me off.

I can't remember whether certain things about me have always been this way or if it's meds.

****'s sake.
Reply 1356
Original post by SciFiBoy
wish I knew something to say :hugs:

Don't worry :smile: :hugs:

Though I should add that my current circumstances mean that having a girlfriend is not a good idea at all :tongue:
Original post by avhhs
Don't worry :smile: :hugs:

Though I should add that my current circumstances mean that having a girlfriend is not a good idea at all :tongue:

sucks :frown: well, hopefully things pick up for you soon! :console:
Reply 1358
Just started crying at the stupidest thing and haven't been able to stop for ages. I am so up and down at the moment grrr, hate people seeing me cry too which just makes it worse. Ahh, I am just filling up writing this now too, anything bloody sets me off! :cry2:
Original post by AmiB
Just started crying at the stupidest thing and haven't been able to stop for ages. I am so up and down at the moment grrr, hate people seeing me cry too which just makes it worse. Ahh, I am just filling up writing this now too, anything bloody sets me off! :cry2:

:hugs: if you want to talk feel free to PM me :smile:

Latest