The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Its probably just me feeling down and fed up with life,but its not that easy to just escape from your own life,perhaps temporarily,but I just seem to feel things too deeply,I worry constantly,I stress myself out to the point of collapse about everything,I'm rarely satisfied,I'm just lurching from one car crash to the next.I screw up everything.
My life is just too repetitive,same things,same feelings,just so,never ending cycle of rubbish and dead ends,no opportunities.
Original post by headunderwater
I got an unconditional offer from college. Feel so happy now :smile:

You are just too awesome. :h:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm planning to go to my doctor soon,I've told my mum about it,I'm just feeling so unstable as of late.I know I may end up being yet another melodramatic teenager but I've really had unstable moods for what feels like forever,I just....I just feel so hopeles and lost and stupid and unintelligent,and...I just loathe myself.I just..I can't describe how I'm feeling.I'm fed up crying every few hours,I try to make myself better,my life better,and I feel hopeful for a while,before it all comes crashing down.I have no future,I'm just...my parents will die eventually and therefore I will have no one that will feel bad about my death.I've fed up making them stressed with my constant crying and stress and yelling at them when i feel so awful,my friends are all moving on in their lives,going to uniI'm too paralysed by fear to do anything,I had plans but they jsut dont work now I see the truth.I failed my exams alst year,I'm trying so hard this year,but it might not work out,I cant face being more stupid than my friends,my family think I'll go to uni but I'm too thick,the subject I thought I was good at I actually suck at,I'm getting worse,Ive left school now,had to everyone did,i'm not ready to face the world,the world wouldnt want me anyway.I hate sounding so silly and I know everyone is probably wishing I would just shut up and do something else but I just cant control my thoughts,my brain..I just relapse into this...spiral every time.

:hugs: Bless you
Original post by morris743
:hugs: Bless you

Um..thanks? :colondollar:
Um..thanks? :colondollar:

Sorry...I can't do anything right now...but I can hug :colondollar:
Original post by morris743
Sorry...I can't do anything right now...but I can hug :colondollar:

A virtual hug is as good as anything right now.I just really need time to clear my head.Too bad this hit during my final exams.Same thing happened last year.I'm just on a winding path to hell.
Reply 1767
Gahh I hate bad days :cry:
A virtual hug is as good as anything right now.I just really need time to clear my head.Too bad this hit during my final exams.Same thing happened last year.I'm just on a winding path to hell.

I know it's easy for me to say but you need to let go. It's not that you don't care, but this will keep up and get worse unless you approach it with a cool and collected head.

See. I'm rubbish.

:hugs:
Reply 1769
Feeling tired now :sad: . Have an exam every day this week from Wednesday onwards, and every single one of them need loads of revision to be done. I haven't even needed a tiny bit of my 25% extra time in any of my 2, exams so far. This is so unlike me :confused: . I just don't understand what's happened to me. All I seem to care about is having fun, not doing any work for my future. I don't know why I can't stop thinking about girls :colondollar: .
:hugs: for all other people here, whatever mood you are in :smile:

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S
Reply 1770

Congratulations :woo: :lovehug:

won't let me rep :sad:

but congrats! :hugs:
Original post by AmiB
Gahh I hate bad days :cry:

:hugs: what's wrong?
oh, good news I think, my mum said psychiatrist called and I have an appointment to see them tomorrow at 2pm :smile: now I just have to be awake for it :erm:
The more I think about it, the more I feel like I've made a massive error in my life. Today I went to the dentist and whilst she was drilling my tooth I thought to myself "hey I could be a dentist!" :wizard: then I get home and look it up and I'd need to do 6 years at uni to do that in the US. When I go to the psychiatrist I think "hey I could be a psychiatrist" :wizard: but then I realize I'd probably implode if I went to med school.

I just want a job that I'll enjoy and I don't see what that job is going to be. I want to be a cop but c'mon let's be honest what kind of idiot would give me a gun? :s-smilie: So I'm trying to think of other career paths but it's like every one there's some problem. I have a degree in politics and IR, maybe I should have thought a little harder about what I'm actually going to do with this degree, but I didn't I just did something I'd enjoy (and I did mostly). I can't be a politician because let's face it what kind of idiot would vote for me? Which leaves me with few other pathways.

I wish I could go back to 17 and have my time over, but this time pick something which actually leads somewhere. I feel like I made so many mistakes in life. I don't even have a good degree in what it's in. I was good at business at school, maybe I should have done that. I'm terrified I'm going to end up being a checkout assistant at walmart or a burger flipper at mcdonald's. My girlfriend is doing a PHD so she's sorted for life, whereas I'm just confused about everything. Does anyone feel the same? Just stumbling along hoping that eventually something shines out and you take that opportunity and everything is great? I'm getting old, I need to find my niche, and it's looking impossible, everytime I think of something my circumstances and mental health get in the way.

Not really sure what I'm expecting from this. :sad: My whole face hurts from the dentist so just typing is taking my mind off the pain, you lucky people get to read my painful thoughts.
Reply 1775
Why are people just so ****ing rude?!
I missed a few lectures last wk and asked a few friends if I could copy up a particular set of notes (literally just labelling pics that they went through in lecture) and they are all coming up with random excuses for why they cant help! WTH aren't future drs meant to be caring and nice people is it really too much to ask to copy a few labels for pictures ffs Im never helping anyone again. I don't care. They never help you so why waste your time. I feel like **** and like I don't have any real friends to turn to for help with anything. Two wks til I fail. Again. Erghh I shouldnt have stopped my meds wtf was I thinking :frown:
Sigh... dumb dumb dumbass me. Literally only just got round to taking my morning meds, including the dreaded reboxetine, which I suspect means that tonight means my dreams will be even crazier than usual, if I can even get off to sleep at all. My friend thinks I should just stop taking it already, but it's only a couple of days to the psych appointment now, so I suppose I might as well hang in there.

Got a massive long list of people to reply to by the way - gonna do my best to get that done.
I used to be a prisoner in my own mind, but look at my life, and look at my heart. I have seen them fall apart. But now I'm ready to rise again.

Overall, this is how I've been feeling lately. :h:
I ****ing hate the ****ing university of ****ing manchester. :mad: Got a lovely email back from my personal tutor advising me to submit a mitigating circumstances form as soon as possible - went to the page she linked me to, read through the whole information bit so I wouldn't be making any mistakes, then right at the bottom clicked on the link for the form and the ****ing thing doesn't ****ing work. It's the exam period and people need that form. They don't need some retarded message saying 'why not try using our useless search function?' :cry: Have emailed someone listed on the big long page to ask them to send me it, but half the time I use information from the uni's website it's out of date and it turns out the person's moved to a different job and has to pass me on, which of course takes days.

Sorry, just needed to vent that - whole thing's stressing me out.
Reply 1779
Original post by SciFiBoy
:hugs: what's wrong?

Just having a bad day, wish these meds would kick in soon or at least reduce the emptiness... How you doing today? :hugs:

Latest