The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmiB
Just having a bad day, wish these meds would kick in soon or at least reduce the emptiness... How you doing today? :hugs:

:hugs: sorry to hear that, emptiness sucks, hopefully your meds work soon :h:

im okay, sleep pattern is now even more crappy, mood is pretty bad as well, but have appointment to see a psychiatrist tomorrow though so im hoping that will help, feel kinda wound up as well but idk why :s-smilie:
Original post by superwolf
I ****ing hate the ****ing university of ****ing manchester. :mad: Got a lovely email back from my personal tutor advising me to submit a mitigating circumstances form as soon as possible - went to the page she linked me to, read through the whole information bit so I wouldn't be making any mistakes, then right at the bottom clicked on the link for the form and the ****ing thing doesn't ****ing work. It's the exam period and people need that form. They don't need some retarded message saying 'why not try using our useless search function?' :cry: Have emailed someone listed on the big long page to ask them to send me it, but half the time I use information from the uni's website it's out of date and it turns out the person's moved to a different job and has to pass me on, which of course takes days.

Sorry, just needed to vent that - whole thing's stressing me out.

:hugs: that's a bit naff.

Does your personal tutor not have access to a proper copy of the form (rather than just that link) that she can send you?
I ****ing hate the ****ing university of ****ing manchester. :mad: Got a lovely email back from my personal tutor advising me to submit a mitigating circumstances form as soon as possible - went to the page she linked me to, read through the whole information bit so I wouldn't be making any mistakes, then right at the bottom clicked on the link for the form and the ****ing thing doesn't ****ing work. It's the exam period and people need that form. They don't need some retarded message saying 'why not try using our useless search function?' :cry: Have emailed someone listed on the big long page to ask them to send me it, but half the time I use information from the uni's website it's out of date and it turns out the person's moved to a different job and has to pass me on, which of course takes days.

:hugs: Know the feeling, about 80% of my ****ty university's pages don't work correctly, it's a total nightmare.

Is this it:
http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/DocuInfo.aspx?DocID=4272

:hugs:
If just been referred to a psychiatrist, but he didn't give me much information about what to expect. Can anyone help me out? What should I expect?
Reply 1785
I was meant to spend today evening revising but all i've managed to do is sort out my stuff. Which I still haven't finished ans is piled all over the bed :sad: . Why do I have to be so complacent and not see the point in revision? I'm really weird :cry2:
Original post by sunfowers01
If just been referred to a psychiatrist, but he didn't give me much information about what to expect. Can anyone help me out? What should I expect?

Probably just more of what you've already experienced.

He will ask you the problem, ask you about symptoms, your thoughts, your feelings, your physical health, any suicidal or self harm feelings, ask about any medication you've already taken, the side effects and general effect of it. Psychiatrists really aren't anything to worry about, just be open and honest and he'll try to help you. Even if you're too anxious to be open he'll be used to that too and will have ways of getting round it.
Original post by Alofleicester
:hugs: that's a bit naff.

Does your personal tutor not have access to a proper copy of the form (rather than just that link) that she can send you?

Judging from the website and what she said I don't think so. :frown:

Original post by Sabertooth
:hugs: Know the feeling, about 80% of my ****ty university's pages don't work correctly, it's a total nightmare.

Is this it:
http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/DocuInfo.aspx?DocID=4272

Thanks a lot for looking. :hugs: It looks like it's probably the same form but I dunno - on the page I was linked to I think they made it clear that the form was online and they said "NOTE: ONLY COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORM IF YOU ARE A STUDENT OF THE SCHOOL OF LANGUAGES, LINGUISTICS AND CULTURES. IF YOU ARE NOT, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR HOME SCHOOL." Don't know if that means the form's different, or the way of submitting it, or what. And the form you found you're supposed to get sort of permission to submit it first, which my tutor and the website implied wasn't the case for within my school. :s-smilie:

Too ****ing confused. :sigh:

Original post by ViceVersa

Ok guys I've been having a think and I've come to a conclusion.

I'm going to leave TSR, for a lot of reasons, but none of them are that important. Just a massive thank you to everyone who has helped me get through things in the past, and for putting up with me! I hope that you all at some point recover from what is holding you back at the minute and have a bright and happy future! :smile: You've all been brilliant, so just keep being awesome, and hang in there, as things are going to get better.

If any of you want to keep in touch with me, send me a PM and I will add you on skype or MSN or something.

Take care. Peace and love xxx
Original post by bullettheory

I'm going to leave TSR, for a lot of reasons, but none of them are that important. Just a massive thank you to everyone who has helped me get through things in the past, and for putting up with me! I hope that you all at some point recover from what is holding you back at the minute and have a bright and happy future! :smile: You've all been brilliant, so just keep being awesome, and hang in there, as things are going to get better.

If any of you want to keep in touch with me, send me a PM and I will add you on skype or MSN or something.

:hugs: Are you really sure about this? There are a lot of people who care about you on here you know. And it's not good cutting yourself off from what can be decent support networks.

Anyways, you've already got me on skype, and you can get my email address off me if you like too. You take care of yourself, and if you change your mind we'll all be happy to see you come back. :jumphug:
Reply 1790
Just arrived back in the hometown for a few days with the family. Mood is alright at the moment, not quite sure whether I'll be able to hide it if I hit another low as bad as last night though :frown:
Original post by d123
Just arrived back in the hometown for a few days with the family. Mood is alright at the moment, not quite sure whether I'll be able to hide it if I hit another low as bad as last night though :frown:

:hugs: hope your mood stays okay, if you need to talk later feel free to PM me though :smile:
Reply 1792
Hi, everyone, I'm back.

Because it's been a while, I'm going to write down what I'm feeling atm, and hope that you're all willing to read it. I'll spoiler it because it might be long (and that way I won't be taking up precious bandwidth with my mindless rubbish :tongue:).

Spoiler

If you read all that, you deserve a medal. Thanks.
Reply 1793
I hope everyone is feeling ok tonight.

I'm glad to be past the weekend, I don't really like Sundays, rather abhor them really. Then I've been reading some threads today where people travel away for a month or have thousands of pounds saved up... and I really don't know how they do it as a Student and live their life too!

For example, I went out for a meal on Friday and it cost me £25.78 in total, including drinks. I'm hoping to meet loads of random people from the site meetup.com and join them on meetup days etc, quite daunting though so look at new meets with 4/5 people. However because I live in Stoke, travel to Manchester/Birmingham is needed for the groups I'm interested in (Manchester SciFi group, yay!)

Some days I want to meet loads of people and put the effort in and other days I really don't feel like putting the effort in and feel people judge me, don't want to know me so I feel daunted by the process sometimes. Although I am quite the sociable...
Original post by bullettheory

fair enough :smile: I hope things are good for you and all!
Reply 1795
Original post by SciFiBoy
:hugs: hope your mood stays okay, if you need to talk later feel free to PM me though :smile:

Thanks, I'm holding out okay so far - my cat's come to sleep at the end of my bed which always cheers me up :smile:
Reply 1796
Original post by geetar
Hi, everyone, I'm back.

Because it's been a while, I'm going to write down what I'm feeling atm, and hope that you're all willing to read it. I'll spoiler it because it might be long (and that way I won't be taking up precious bandwidth with my mindless rubbish :tongue:).

Spoiler

If you read all that, you deserve a medal. Thanks.

Good luck in your exams!

I think feeling lost and unsure about what you want to do with your life is natural, particularly in your early twenties - it's like, the world assumes you've got it sorted which adds a whole lot of pressure, but a lot of people don't have a clue, and that shouldn't be something you're made to feel bad about.
Original post by d123
Thanks, I'm holding out okay so far - my cat's come to sleep at the end of my bed which always cheers me up :smile:

cool, aw, that's sweet :smile: our cat is a sleep downstairs :tongue:
Reply 1798
I have been a depression patient for over a year now. Its ****ing ruined everything my exam results etc i cant even revise properly. I dont even get it what i did to deserve this.
(edited 11 years ago)
Aww my friends are so sweet :h: I had posted online earlier that I was craving chocolate, and just got a text from my friend saying "check your porch". I got down there and found a chocolate McFlurry and some fries! :biggrin: Totally brightened up my day.

Have another therapy session tomorrow which I'm a bit worried about (...again) because I've not managed any work this week (...again!)
I know she won't get angry with me or anything but it just makes me feel like I'm taking the mick :s-smilie: She's giving me all this advice and I just don't implement it. Mainly due to my sleeping pattern being so crap, but idk, it just feels like I'm constantly making excuses. I always leave the session feeling pretty confident about being able to sort things out, but by the next day everything has gone to **** again and I'm too tired to even think about revision. My concentration is as poor as ever, I attempted an essay this morning and couldn't even finish the plan... :frown: Just feeling really demotivated. Not even sure if I want to go to uni.

On the small plus side, I think I might be allowed to fail my English language resit (provided I got at least a B in the coursework), and because I got full UMS in lit last year I should be able to get a C/D in this years exam and still finish with an A overall. So I only really have 2 exams to worry about. But one of them is next Thursday and I've done absolutely bugger all for it .____.

Latest