The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

New thread dudes! :beer:

------------------

Please note that our current policy is that any discussion of suicide or self-harm is not permitted, whether that's writing about contemplating it, or discussing methods. It is important to note that this includes anything written in spoiler tags. The reasons for this policy are:
We are not professionally trained to deal with serious, potentially dangerous issues like this. We feel that directing people to appropriate help is safer than posting on TSR about it.
Often messages about these types of feelings end up getting replies which are at best well-intentioned but unhelpful and at worst downright malicious. We would never want someone to be made to feel worse for posting about their feelings.
There is a real risk of both triggering other users and increasing dangerous behaviour by allowing discussion of self-harm methods etc.
We do not want TSR to be seen to be a site which encourages or promotes self-harm.

NOTE: The Mental Health Support Society is a replacement for the Depression Society, this is to reflect the wide variety of problems that members who post face.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hai der
Reply 2
Subbed.
Reply 3
New thread. :colone: :colone: :colone: :colone:
...and subbed.
Ooooh shiny :biggrin:
Holy **** have we got through another one already???
Subbed. Hope everyone's okay!
Reply 8
Still misnamed I see. Ah well :tongue:
Hi there shiny new thread! Subbed
Original post by Idle
Hai der

Rep for awesome sig :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by laut_biru
Still misnamed I see. Ah well :tongue:

Unfortunately I created it before such a discussion.
Reply 12
Original post by Noodlzzz
Unfortunately I created it before such a discussion.

It's not like any conclusion was made tbh, other than this thread is a hell of a lot more than a thread about depression. It's just also not a DSM wide thread.
Reply 13
Would have been nice to have a conclusion, but it might take a lot time, and need mods to put ideas in..
Original post by laut_biru
It's not like any conclusion was made tbh, other than this thread is a hell of a lot more than a thread about depression. It's just also not a DSM wide thread.

You just made me google DSM and still not understand. :frown: English not being my native languake.
New thread already? You people talk too much :tongue: You should follow my shining example and sit in the corner being an antisocial grouch :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by Loveuraliens
You just made me google DSM and still not understand. :frown: English not being my native languake.

It's the mental illness classifications.

My point being, this thread does not cover GID, ADD, ADHD, Autism, etc,
:hi:

new thread :smile: hope everyone is okay?!

I have had a long evening but looking forward to chillaxing now!
Original post by fire2burn
New thread already? You people talk too much :tongue: You should follow my shining example and sit in the corner being an antisocial grouch :biggrin:

Can I be an antisocial grinch instead? I want to own Christmas :evil:
Reply 19
Original post by fire2burn

No you should grace us with your presence more.

Latest