Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any mountain bikers in Derby?

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone who enjoys mountain biking and lives in Derby area?

If so then, where do you ride? Robin wood?
    Pit close?
    What bike have you got?
    What sort of biking are you doing? Dh? Fr? Xc?

Thx
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bump?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bump

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bumpy bump
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey dude

Im coming to Derby in September And I can't wait to ride the trails there.
    never thought I would find someone hahah. You got facebook? Definitely shred some trails with you when I get there.
    Ive done abit of research around Derby and seen the Peak District is very close, you should also check out Ambergate!

I have a Cube LTD, cross country bike, but I do everything on it, downhill and freeride. Want to save up for a downhill bike! What about you?

I currently live in Plymouth at the moment. Are you starting uni in September?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris1068)
    Hey dude

never thought I would find someone hahah. You got facebook? Definitely shred some trails with you when I get there.
    Ive done abit of research around Derby and seen the Peak District is very close, you should also check out Ambergate!

I have a Cube LTD, cross country bike, but I do everything on it, downhill and freeride. Want to save up for a downhill bike! What about you?

Hi mate! That's awesome that you're coming to Derby in September ! Hmmm I've never been to either peak district or ambergate, but they look great! I only ride very local trails (the ones that don't require a car to get to LOL)

I have an upgraded carrera fury Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336303755256.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	146023

But I do all sorts of things on it LOL, but yeah like you I'm more into freeride and downhill so may sell my fury to fund me a fr/dh bike.

In terms of uni stuff, I'm in year 13 currently doing my A2s but next year I'll be on gap year as I didn't get a place at uni this year, how about you? Are you coming to Derby Uni?

Sorry about my late reply
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey dude

And yeah that's me on my fury Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336304446425.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	146025
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedi-master)
    Hi mate! That's awesome that you're coming to Derby in September ! Hmmm I've never been to either peak district or ambergate, but they look great! I only ride very local trails (the ones that don't require a car to get to LOL)

I have an upgraded carrera fury Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336303755256.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	146023

But I do all sorts of things on it LOL, but yeah like you I'm more into freeride and downhill so may sell my fury to fund me a fr/dh bike.

In terms of uni stuff, I'm in year 13 currently doing my A2s but next year I'll be on gap year as I didn't get a place at uni this year, how about you? Are you coming to Derby Uni?

Sorry about my late reply
    Nice dude! Pretty similar to mine, however I do not have any pictures of me on mine hahaha.

Ah coool Yeah I'm starting Derby uni in September Networks and Security course. What are you wanting to study?

Yeah, I thought about selling my bike to fund a downhill bike but then thought what would I use for general commuting and long distance rides. Hopefully I can get a job there and make saving go faster :P

Ambergate is only a £9 return on the train from Derby, pretty good tbh What local trails are there around Derby?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you want to add me on facebook, search Chris Brain and my picture is me standing with my girlfriend in a blue Animal hoodie
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-05-06 15.14.41.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	525.7 KB 
ID:	146046

Just grabbed my bike to take a picture and I discovered a flat -_- Must of got it from 20mile ride Friday!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you want to add me on facebook, search Chris Brain and my picture is me standing with my girlfriend in a blue Animal hoodie
    Mate I can't find you! LOL
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-05-06 15.14.41.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	525.7 KB 
ID:	146046

Just grabbed my bike to take a picture and I discovered a flat -_- Must of got it from 20mile ride Friday!
    Your bike looks sweet!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice dude! Pretty similar to mine, however I do not have any pictures of me on mine hahaha.

Ah coool Yeah I'm starting Derby uni in September Networks and Security course. What are you wanting to study?

Yeah, I thought about selling my bike to fund a downhill bike but then thought what would I use for general commuting and long distance rides. Hopefully I can get a job there and make saving go faster :P

Ambergate is only a £9 return on the train from Derby, pretty good tbh What local trails are there around Derby?
    I want to do dentistry but I got rejected from all my choices so I'm on a gap year

There's a good couple of trails in robin wood near Derby and Melbourne but that's the only one I know really LOL

Ambergate looks great, I will probably check it out after my exams do you think you could pm your the link of your fb profile?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want to do dentistry but I got rejected from all my choices so I'm on a gap year

There's a good couple of trails in robin wood near Derby and Melbourne but that's the only one I know really LOL

Ambergate looks great, I will probably check it out after my exams do you think you could pm your the link of your fb profile?
    Ahh that sucks dude.

Cooool!

Yeah sure, done
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys recently brought a mountain bike to go to work on and thought it would be cool to get into downhill and i live in ilkeston a borough of derbyshire about 20mins from derby city centre.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candleman101)
    Hey guys recently brought a mountain bike to go to work on and thought it would be cool to get into downhill and i live in ilkeston a borough of derbyshire about 20mins from derby city centre.
    Oh hi! What bike did you get? Have you been to robin wood?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got a Apollo paradox only £200 but didn't want to spend too much on a bike if i didn't like the sport and also use it to get to work on and nope i haven't had a chance to go out on it yet and i live in Kirk Hallam and don't have a car so quite hard to travel atm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I live in Bham when im at home, not too far, go to cannock chase a lot
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stayce88)
    I live in Bham when im at home, not too far, go to cannock chase a lot
    Sweet! I've never been to cannock but planning to go sometime this holiday and go on the monkey trail

What bike do you ride?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sweet! I've never been to cannock but planning to go sometime this holiday and go on the monkey trail

What bike do you ride?
    specialized myka fsr comp 2012

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2013
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.