The Student Room Group

msc at Manchester, some doubts and some questions

Hello everybody!
My name is Renzo,I'm Italian and I had an offer for MSc course in aerospace engineering at Manchester uni (they're still waiting for my confirmation since I'm still waiting for Sheffield and Liverpool to send me their offer).
I'm really happy to have this opportunity but,as you can understand,every big decision comes with big doubts! ...and i would like you to answer these doubts.

First of all,I would like to know what would you personally choose among those unis: of course the first parameter is how I like the programme structure. Let's say that I am oriented for Manchester mainly because it is supposed to have a lot of contacts with employers, but I would love Sheffield too for its reputation (i don't know about employers and conctacts).
Do you have any suggestion,preferably if based on personal experience?

The second doubt is about the fail rate of engineering Msc: the year will be tough but I am a good student and I'm sure i will give the best to succeed....but you know life sometimes challenges you in the worst of the time...so everything could happen.
I tried to search for some data about the fail rates for university and/or faculty but I couldn't find anything. Can you suggest me where to search for these informations?

These are my main concernings for now.
I hope you could give me your opinion :-)
Thanks in advance

Renzo
Reply 1
To the moderators:
how do I delete this thread? I've posted a new one some minutes ago (since I didn't manage to correctly edit this one)....you're free to delete this one.
sorry for the confusion :smile:

Renzo

Quick Reply

Latest