The Student Room Group

What are your opinions on ear stretchers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
I'm just saying that is what many consider to be the sort of point of no return, I know everyone heals differently and such so it's really just an average assumption, the point I'm really trying to get across is that your ears will shrink considerably if theyre stretched and won't necessarily be droopy in 10-odd years in the way people are mentioning. I have no problem with em' anyway, I already have facial piercings and such though so it's probably best for me to tone it down and not stretch haha. Congratulations for stretching that far though, I wish I had the patience (and pain tolerance) to do it, I prefer just having the pain of a piercing then that's it over and done with :P

Well, tbh I've never heard of 12mm being considered as the point of no return before and I know a lot about piercings, Generally, people say it's 8mm or 6mm.
Reply 81
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
I'm just saying that is what many consider to be the sort of point of no return, I know everyone heals differently and such so it's really just an average assumption, the point I'm really trying to get across is that your ears will shrink considerably if theyre stretched and won't necessarily be droopy in 10-odd years in the way people are mentioning. I have no problem with em' anyway, I already have facial piercings and such though so it's probably best for me to tone it down and not stretch haha. Congratulations for stretching that far though, I wish I had the patience (and pain tolerance) to do it, I prefer just having the pain of a piercing then that's it over and done with :P

No worries, I just tend to think that quite a few people rush into it thinking "oh, they'll shrink up anyway if I only stretch to x mm"! I've actually heard 8mm being the 'point of no return' usually, I don't think I've ever really heard 12mm. Not that it makes much difference either way as it's no guarantee haha :smile:

By the way, stretching shouldn't hurt...!

Quick Reply

Latest