The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lucyvet2006
Oh dear, I looked at that earlier- how STUPID do UCAS think we are? I mean, they changed 'referred' to sent because people kept ringing up. Then they had the word 'sent' with an explanation of what they meant by the word 'sent'. If people can't understand that should they really be going to Uni?! :stupid: Sorry for my little rant there!
In the email I got it said the 2nd lot of offers were coming out in the 3rd week of March- is that this week or is Thursday 16th somehow still the 2nd week? Stupid month starting on a Wednesday... Don't know why I'm stressing, I think I'll be rejected but I just want to KNOW!

Hmmm, we'll probably hear by the end of next week then I'm guessin! If you get an offer would you consider going??
Reply 21
Hmm... does anybody know something about the D104 course Nottingham is offering? I saw the course when I searched on UCAS extra. Does somebody know if you have a chance of getting in if you have the grades and subjects for the D100? I'm doubting to call UCAS and apply for that course...
I've had my rejection letter from Nottingham which is fine, not bothered about that at all, actually i was glad because i thought at least now i could reply to my offers - turns out i still can't reply because ucas is taking ages to update! :rolleyes: :banghead:
This waiting game is mean! :hmpf:
When do we have to make our final decisions? As I really don't want to be rushed into mine all because of Nottingham's mind games... :frown:
Reply 24
fairy princess
I've had my rejection letter from Nottingham which is fine, not bothered about that at all, actually i was glad because i thought at least now i could reply to my offers - turns out i still can't reply because ucas is taking ages to update! :rolleyes: :banghead:

Nottingham may well send you an offer for animal sciences (they did for me) and then they wont update track til 29th March to give you time to think over the offer to see if you want to accept it. I have written to them saying i dont want animla science and could they update ucas but they havent yet, its quite annoying cos i want to reply to Liverpool
GRR still waiting!
Reply 26
me too :security:
xxxLucyxxx
Nottingham may well send you an offer for animal sciences (they did for me) and then they wont update track til 29th March to give you time to think over the offer to see if you want to accept it. I have written to them saying i dont want animla science and could they update ucas but they havent yet, its quite annoying cos i want to reply to Liverpool

Could you withdraw your application to Notts on the ucas site, n speed the process up that way?
Reply 28
I tried but its not letting me, i dont know why, i click withdraw and nothing happens!
Reply 29
I thought you can only withdraw yourself totally on the UCAS site... If you want to withdraw yourself from a single course you need to call UCAS.
Reply 30
yeah thats- what i did because i was tired of waiting

Its really easy/ simple and you can reply to your offers that day
OK, for all people still waiting for a reply from Nottingham...
I rang them up today as worried about the ever-approaching deadline, I'm lucky that I have another offer from Bristol and don't want to jeopardise that whilst waiting for Nott, and missing the deadline or anything awful.
The man was very kind, looked me up by name and ucas number and said that I was on a reservation list. All the automatic rejections have now been sent and they're basically waiting to see what the take-up of offers they've given out so far is like. So the longer they leave it, the more potential places they have left to offer us! However he did say that by the end of next week he PROMISED all replies will be sent out. So another week I guess then! :redface:
Reply 32
:eek: There's a deadline (obviously eventually) when is it???
The 15th of April I think.... soon approaching! But then I thought it was the end of March, so a few weeks is better than none at all!
Reply 34
:eek: Thats not fair, I want to reply to Liverpool but it won't let me... is that just because of Nottingham???
Reply 35
Actually, for me at least, the deadline is the 4th of may- so it still leaves us some time:smile:
Not sure which deadlines you're talking about- the Universities have to reply to us by 1st April, think we have to get back to them by 25th/26th. Think Nottingham should just get moving!
Yep sorry for scaring you people, on closer investigation- 4th may to make final decisions so long as those offers are made by the 31st march :smile:
xxxLucyxxx

Yeah i've had the letter, can't really be bothered to reply :p: Guess we'll just have to wait it out, at least we have been given a decision unlike some people who are still waiting! :rolleyes:
:frown: I think I'm putting my frustration at wanting to get into Edinburgh and not knowing where I am on the waiting list onto Nottingham. I don't really mind them rejecting me, they'd be my insurance choice unless I'm lucky enough to get Edinburgh- and if I had an offer it would be at least AAB- same as my firm choice! Nottingham must have given out all their offers by now, it wouldn't hurt them to give me my rejection letter! Sorry for posting, I have nothing new to say...:frown: