The Student Room Group

Can A*A*B equate to 3 A's?

Basically, I have applied for deferred entry for Politics and Philosophy and have applied for AAB unis recieving offers from Manchester, York, Cardiff and Exeter (Allthough they have increased the offer to AAA). Allthough I am very happy with theses, there are other, AAA courses which I would love to have a go at reapplying in my gap year. However, I am predicted A* in English Lit, A in Politics and a B in physics. If I were to get theses grade or hopefully two A*'s do you think unis such as Durham, Bristol etc.. would seriously consider me if I reapply next year? I've also got 2 A's and a C in AS levels and am targeted an A* in EP too. I strongly doubt I can get an A in physics, and since a) It is ridiculously difficult and b) it is the least related subject to my proposed degree, would they take these factors into consideration?

Anyway, if anyone has any info on this, that would be great :smile:

Cheers
Reply 1
I'm sure you will be fine, two A*A*B is extremely competitive, and the universities will most likely understand your situation with Physics!
Reply 2
It varies from uni to uni and course to course, Nottingham specified AAA for Physics but when I got my offer they said either AAA or A*AB. I think because the subject you might get a B in isn't overly relevant to your course, they won't mind as much as if you got a B in English Lit for example.

Tbh I think you'll be fine, just try and get AAA+ and make things more straightforward! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest